Your human rights hero is...

Voted!!! :woohoo:
kermit.gif

This was posted earlier in the month in another thread and I voted for Michael,of course.

It seems they have now changed the end date,as initially it would have been going until the end of January.They have also taken down the names.
I'm guessing it's because lately,many people were voting for Gaddafi and took him to the first places o_O
YIGlT.jpg

The contest begins on December 8, 2011 and ends December 31, 2011.

This is a screenshot taken by Google cache on Dec the 24th :
PRTi9.png

Who the heck votes for Gadaffi? I'm guessing it's a kind of joke.

That's what I thought at first,but they're completely serious and quite passionate about it too.Google his name in connection to this and you'll find lots of entries calling to vote & claiming he was not villain,but hero and how he was framed and stuff.As an example : link
They also say Gaddafi was set to receive a human rights award from UN,which wouldn't surprise me tbh,as society and international politics are full of hypocrisy..
That being said,I'm as shocked as you are.

Voted !

edit : where can you see the results ? I don't find

Last edited:
yes for me too , and I'm afraid my vote will not be valid, in the rules it says that the end of the poll was 31 of december :(

Last edited:
Humm..girls,I explained the ( most probable ) reason the poll closed earlier than it was planned and why the results seem to have been silenced,as there are no mentions of the promotion anywhere in the site,in my posts above.
I don't know if they will release them,it ended in an uncomfortable situation to say the least.

There will not be a winner. It was just a poll
There was Never an award to be given to anyone person who is considered a humanitarian. It was just a chance to post who you most admiredand an opportunity to donate to the cause. They do not choose one person and award them . THAT WAS NEVER STATED.

It was a POLL not a vote to award anyone.
The contest itself said it was for anyone who voted.
They will have there name drawn and posted on the site. They will win some prizes
They will be contacted by email. Winner will be announced in February

The people who voted for Gaddafi probably trolls using the system for a prank or some of his sadistic followers. Also some were trying to sabatage the contest to promote their tainted conspiracy political views. He was indeed a terroist

Here is the only contest that was promoted and the rules are still posted
Human Rights Heroes Drawing - Rules

1. How to Enter:
Users are entered into the drawing by naming their Human Rights Hero. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. One entry per person. The Human Rights Heroes Drawing is offered in the 50 United States and District of Columbia (“U.S.”). The contest begins on December 8, 2011 and ends December 31, 2011. Entries submitted after the end date will not be accepted. To fill out a contest entry, please visit http://www.amnestyusa.org/heroes

2. Eligibility:
To enter the Human Rights Heroes Contest, you must, at the time of entry, be a resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who is 13 years of age or older. Entrants under the age of 18 must provide parental consent to be eligible to accept any prizes won. Employees, board members of Amnesty International USA, and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest.

3. Winning Entry Selection and Winner Notification:
Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about February 1, 2012 from among all eligible entries received. Winning entries will be selected by the drawing administrator. The winner will be contacted by the administrator via E-Mail, with the address provided on the “Human Rights Heroes” page, and will grant Amnesty International USA the right to use and publish their proper name, photo, and state online or any other media, in connection with the drawing. Upon notification, winners will have one (1) week to provide a U.S. mailing address for delivery of their prize. If a winner does not respond with a valid U.S. mailing address within one (1) week, his/her prize will be forfeited. The odds of winning will be determined by the amount of entries received.

4. Prize:
90 standard prize winners will receive an AIUSA 2012 wall calendar. 10 first prize winners will receive an AIUSA 2012 wall calendar and the Chimes of Freedom 4-CD set. Grand prize winning entry will receive an AIUSA t-shirt, 2012 wall calendar, Chimes of Freedom 4-CD set and Prosperity candle.

5. Drawing Conditions:
This drawing is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, entrants have read and agreed to these Official rules and do not hold Amnesty International USA accountable for any claims, damages, or liability. Amnesty International USA is also not responsible for any lost entries or information.

Back