NHS Student to Put on Michael Jackson Concert to Benefit Drama Club, Food Bank !

Ankita

Proud Member
Here's a beautiful news that Michael would be so proud of! :)

[h=1]NHS Student to Put on Michael Jackson Concert to Benefit Drama Club, Food Bank[/h]
Troy “TJ” Bond Jr. was featured as a Naugatuck Patch Whiz Kid in May for his dedication to a charity bike ride and his martial arts accomplishments. Bond is at it again, using his talents to raise money for the Naugatuck High School Drama Club.

Thursday night, Troy “TJ” Bond Jr. will put his talent for entertaining to good use to raise money for the Naugatuck High School Drama Club and collect donations of toys and canned goods for those in need.

“The drama club was having some trouble with funding,” Bond said in a phone interview Wednesday night, “so I stepped up and I said I’d put on a Michael Jackson Concert to raise money.”

Thursday night at 6 p.m., Bond will take to the stage at the NHS auditorium as a Michael Jackson impersonator, performing a medley of the King of Pop’s hit songs including “Thriller,” “Billy Jean,” “We are the World” and the Jackson 5 version of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

“It’s me, along with my backup dancers and singers who have been working tremendously hard,” he said. He also spoke of the hard work of the lighting technicians, special effects and other crewmembers, and expressed his gratitude to NHS Drama Club alum Dan Santos who came back to share his “pearls of wisdom” as an advisor for the event.

Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door. Money from tickets sold will go to support the NHS Drama Club. Guests who bring a canned good will receive $2 off their ticket price, paying just $5 to see the show. The collected food will be donated to the Naugatuck Ecumenical Food Bank.

Audience members are strongly encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy for donation in addition to the canned goods.

“The toys are what I’m stressing the most,” Bond said, “I really want to give to the kids.”

Toy donations will go to the Susan B. Anthony Project for local children who, otherwise, may not receive gifts this Christmas.

“I want to get as many people to come as I possibly can,” Bond said. “The auditorium can fit 900 people. I know we aren’t gonna get 900 people, but the more people that come, the more people will have a smile on their face this holiday season.”

http://naugatuck.patch.com/articles...-to-benefit-nhs-drama-club-food-bank-and-more

aww..that is so nice...Michael would be so proud of these kids. Thank you for sharing.

Back