MJJC Donation Drive And Update Thread

Hi Guys.

Firstly I do hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and new year,

Unfortunately the never ending saga of raising money to keep our home going is upon us again, therefore any help you can to get us to our yearly target the quicker the better is much appreciated for peace and for mind,

On this note the group for those who do help us is about to take on some major changes, I wont go into to much detail but the donator group will cease and be changed to MJJCommunity Supporter Membership which will have a hugely advanced bonus added to your account as thank you.

Back to the present situation, as you all know at the top of the year the donator bar refreshed to zero from 81% which as you recall was started at the beginning of April, I have paid January's and have February's ready to pay with this in mind I am going to leave the donator bar as it is but I will take off two months payments that being what we have for January and February the total for the year was 3741 USD I have changed it to compensate the two months to 3247 USD.

So guys in a nut shell if the bar does not move before the end of Feb we then have no money to pay for March.

Finally I would like to personally thank each and everyone of those who contribute, I know times are hard likewise it is for me but I know together as a community we will always prevail through this.

Thank you Gaz for everything you do.

I will donate again as I would be so sad if this place disappeared.

*group hug*

I'll be able to donate next payday as this month has seen me fork out a lot of dosh.

Hi Gaz, thank you for the update on the donation. I believe I am a monthly donator through Paypal. Will that still apply but go toward the MJJC Community Membership? Please let me know.

Also, I will see what I can donate above that, but I am watching my pennies as I am unemployed at the moment.

I will be donating towards the end of the month.

I am new to the MJJ Community. What exactly does the donations pay for? And, how does one donate?

Welcome neppah5 :)

As you can imagine you can't host a website like this for free so the monthly expenses will be paid with the donations. Like Gaz said a few posts above

servers domains and yearly services we incur.

Just to fore warn you all, as we implement the changes those who have not donated in the last 12 months will be loosing their access to this group

Oh, was wondering why I had changed. Will help out again soon.

Happy to make another donation. I was trying to see if there was a way to make monthly payments but I can't see it.

Question about the 12 months...will the 12 months be reset anew every time one donates? So that if I donate in say, January and then in May would the 12 months begin again from May? Just for example :)

i have a question about legendary member badge. i've lost this badge because i didn't donate or is there another reason?
just want to clarify this

i have a question about legendary member badge. i've lost this badge because i didn't donate or is there another reason?
just want to clarify this

There will be no more seperate groups just Proud member and MJJC club Member for those who support the Board.
All Proud members will have the same access and MJJC club members will have additional perks once everything is in place.

You havent lost access to anything :)

MJJC club members will have additional perks once everything is in place.

thanks for explaining! and about the exact additional perks for supporters you'll say later after forum updates will be done?

I'm currently self-employed (although work's shaky) and working voluntarily; as soon as I have more money coming in I'll donate again. Thanks Gaz for everything. I've not been very active here in recent months, but it's good to see that MJJC is still doing well. Hannah x

Last year I wasn't able to spend much time here or donate to support this place, and it seems I'm still busy and broke this year, lol. However, I'm very happy and thankful that MJJC exists and keeps up the great work to keep Michael's legacy alive...so yes, it's definitely worth putting a few euros aside every once in a while and donating them, so hopefully we can have this place for many months (and years) to come :yes:

Question: in the donate section there are specific amounts to click on, e.g., 10, 50. Can there be a blank or other column so you can put in a higher amount? I had to donate 3 times to get the amount I wanted to donate, and I had to keep putting in my information 3 times. It would be easy if there was a blank box so we type in the amount we want to give.

Just to fore warn you all, as we implement the changes those who have not donated in the last 12 months will be loosing their access to this group, as the group will be know as MJJCommunity Supporter Member we must ensure we give back to those who continually contribute to our community financially, I can assure you this is not about making money its about ensuring our bills are paid, once the MJJCommunity Supporter Member project has been completed we will make the necessary announcements.

And yes Kim everything you give goes into a pot and all it does is pay for servers domains and yearly services we incur.

Thank you Gaz. I just donated. :)

Q: We all donate at different times of the year will there be a reminder sent to members if their club membership is going to expire?

At this point no, its really upon the member to remember when they donated.

However I do have plans to put a better program in place to manage the income.

Ok thanks. From my point of view it would be great if there was a programme that would allow monthly donations.

Just donated, not a lot but I'm sure every bit helps. Thanks for all the hard work which goes into this site. x

I think the monthly automatic donation is a great idea. But I can also understand that it asks for some pretty extensive development work for Gaz. Not sure if PayPal has that option?

Hi Gaz, i don't have a paypal account. Do you accept checks or money orders, if so pleast post the address. thank you.

My first time seeing this post. Thank you for the reminder.

Back