Who is the boy with Michael , Bad Tour?

MIST

Proud Member

Is it someone who travelled with him for a longer time or is just temporary?

Yes I believe it is Jimmy Safechuck. He did a MJ Pepsi add/ promo for BAD tour

Michael Jackson Pepsi Commercial feat: Jimmy Safechuck

man I miss him...I remember that commercial like it was yesterday...I use to stop whatever I was doing and run to the tv screen to watch,,,thank you so much for posting this..:)

This family met Michael and Jimmy Safechuck at Kahala Hilton Hotel Feb 1988

210434760_11224845f7_z.jpg

210431823_30d05073d2_z.jpg

Photos taken at the Kahala Hilton Hotel, early February 1988 - Michael Jackson was staying there for 3 days and I saw him 8 times during those 3 days . This evening he ventured out alone with Jimmy Safechuck, a boy he was traveling with who was appearing in Pepsi TV commercvials with him at the time - After this photo Michael said "I think I blinked" and suggested we take it again, which we did.

210431819_b1bf18bc74_z.jpg

He was very nice. We spotted him several times over three days. The first time we didn't have our camera with us, so we started carrying it around with us. We spotted him at night walking around the dolphin pond, just by himself with this boy, Jimmy Safechuck. We stood by them as they watched the dolphins and then I asked if he would pose for a picture. He said sure, but wanted to move farther away from the hotel so as not to attract attention. So as we walked a bit farther from the buiilding he said "I'd be in trouble if they knew I was out here by myself" which we took to mean some sort of security people he had snuck out on. He posed for several pictures with us, then posed for the picture you see above. They are fans from England and he gave the girl an autograph and told her that he would be in concert there soon and also wrote down some information about who she could contact to get free tickets to come see him. My friend also asked for an autograph but didn't have any paper, so he handed Michael a dollar bill. Michael said he couldn't sign money becaue that's illegal and he could get in trouble, so my friend went off into the hotel and found a piece of hotel stationery, which Michael signed

210431818_9c1049ec72_z.jpg

Michael had just signed an autograph for my friend Don and is handing it back to him along with the pen. Don later gave me the autograph, which I still have. The young girl at left, who was from England (her father can be seen at right), also got an autograph from Michael. You can see her holding it.

210431816_d40e694835_z.jpg

Michael Jackson talking with fans around the pool of the Kahala Hilton Hotel, February 1988. The small boy dressed like Michael is Jimmy Safechuck, who had appeared in a Pepsi commercial with Michael and was traveling with him. The woman in white next to him was also traveling with him. I'm not positive who the unidentified woman is in some of the pictures, but I do not think it is the child's (whose name is Jimmy Safechuck) mother. I could be wrong, but I remember being told at the time that she was an actress and may have appeared also in Pepsi commercials with Michael.

In Sweden we didn´t have commercials until 1990 when we got our third tvchannel,it seems we missed something....
Before that our 2 tvchannels sent from 17.30-22 in the evenings,in weekends it was perhaps a few hours longer.
They could send sports other times

This family met Michael and Jimmy Safechuck at Kahala Hilton Hotel Feb 1988

210434760_11224845f7_z.jpg

210431823_30d05073d2_z.jpg

Photos taken at the Kahala Hilton Hotel, early February 1988 - Michael Jackson was staying there for 3 days and I saw him 8 times during those 3 days . This evening he ventured out alone with Jimmy Safechuck, a boy he was traveling with who was appearing in Pepsi TV commercvials with him at the time - After this photo Michael said "I think I blinked" and suggested we take it again, which we did.

210431819_b1bf18bc74_z.jpg

He was very nice. We spotted him several times over three days. The first time we didn't have our camera with us, so we started carrying it around with us. We spotted him at night walking around the dolphin pond, just by himself with this boy, Jimmy Safechuck. We stood by them as they watched the dolphins and then I asked if he would pose for a picture. He said sure, but wanted to move farther away from the hotel so as not to attract attention. So as we walked a bit farther from the buiilding he said "I'd be in trouble if they knew I was out here by myself" which we took to mean some sort of security people he had snuck out on. He posed for several pictures with us, then posed for the picture you see above. They are fans from England and he gave the girl an autograph and told her that he would be in concert there soon and also wrote down some information about who she could contact to get free tickets to come see him. My friend also asked for an autograph but didn't have any paper, so he handed Michael a dollar bill. Michael said he couldn't sign money becaue that's illegal and he could get in trouble, so my friend went off into the hotel and found a piece of hotel stationery, which Michael signed

210431818_9c1049ec72_z.jpg

Michael had just signed an autograph for my friend Don and is handing it back to him along with the pen. Don later gave me the autograph, which I still have. The young girl at left, who was from England (her father can be seen at right), also got an autograph from Michael. You can see her holding it.

210431816_d40e694835_z.jpg

Michael Jackson talking with fans around the pool of the Kahala Hilton Hotel, February 1988. The small boy dressed like Michael is Jimmy Safechuck, who had appeared in a Pepsi commercial with Michael and was traveling with him. The woman in white next to him was also traveling with him. I'm not positive who the unidentified woman is in some of the pictures, but I do not think it is the child's (whose name is Jimmy Safechuck) mother. I could be wrong, but I remember being told at the time that she was an actress and may have appeared also in Pepsi commercials with Michael.

This pictures... sooooooo beautiful! :girl_sigh: :heart:

Back