Quincy Jones: Jackson friendship wasn't poisoned

Bubs

Proud Member
Quincy Jones: Jackson friendship wasn't poisoned

Quincy Jones decided to forgive Michael Jackson because he didn't want the "poison to take hold".

The legendary record producer worked with the late pop superstar on his albums Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad. However, their working relationship became strained after they disagreed on several things. While making the Thriller album, Quincy believed Billie Jean was too weak to feature on the track listing - but Michael insisted on keeping it.

It has also been reported that Michael began to feel Quincy was too possessive, while Quincy believed Michael was becoming too demanding.

Quincy insists he resolved his differences with Michael before his death in 2009 and he has nothing but good things to say about the late singer.

"You know, I always deal in forgiveness and I'd forgiven Michael a long time before he died. We did some amazing work together, produced some remarkable, special records, and you can never forget that. You shouldn't," he told the March edition of GQ. "I forgive people because I expect people to do the same with me. If you don't forgive then it's a poison, and it eats you up and takes hold of you."

Quincy has fond memories of collaborating with Michael. The 78-year-old music mogul is happy to have shared so many good times with the star.

"Me and Michael had some amazing times together, unforgettable times," he smiled.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...ip-wasnt-poisoned-16112500.html#ixzz1lEuK14pL

:dropdead:

Quincy Jones: I forgive Michael

2 February 2012

Quincy Jones decided to forgive Michael Jackson because he didn't want the "poison to take hold".

The legendary record producer worked with the late pop superstar on his albums Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad. However, their working relationship became strained after they disagreed on several things. While making the Thriller album, Quincy believed Billie Jean was too weak to feature on the track listing - but Michael insisted on keeping it.

It has also been reported that Michael began to feel Quincy was too possessive, while Quincy believed Michael was becoming too demanding.

Quincy insists he resolved his differences with Michael before his death in 2009 and he has nothing but good things to say about the late singer.

"You know, I always deal in forgiveness and I'd forgiven Michael a long time before he died. We did some amazing work together, produced some remarkable, special records, and you can never forget that. You shouldn't," he told the March edition of GQ. "I forgive people because I expect people to do the same with me. If you don't forgive then it's a poison, and it eats you up and takes hold of you."

Quincy has fond memories of collaborating with Michael. The 78-year-old music mogul is happy to have shared so many good times with the star.

"Me and Michael had some amazing times together, unforgettable times," he smiled.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...ip-wasnt-poisoned-16112500.html#ixzz1lEsbuO94

It's completely unclear from this interview what on earth quincy had to forgive mj for - unless mj being demanding and insisting billie jean be put on thriller is something that needs forgiveness. MJ only gave respect and credit to quincy in public, pity q can't do the same - seems like that poison he talks about has taken hold of him.

He is so full of himself and he definitely has an inflated ego problem.
He is/was bitter toward Michael for not renewing their contract after their three album deal was completed.

Oh sure he is a legend, but he doesn't recognise a brilliant song when he hears one:D
Billie Jean in number 58 in Rolling Stones mag 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

From Wiki (I know its not 100& reliable but these facts can be easily checked):
The pop singer faced numerous disagreements with the song's producer. Quincy Jones did not want "Billie Jean" to appear on Thriller; he felt that the song was too weak to be part of the collection.[5][8] The producer disliked the demo and did not care for the song's bass line.[9] Jones wanted to cut Jackson's 29 second introduction, which was quite long for the era.[7][10] The entertainer, however, insisted that it be kept. "I said, 'Michael we've got to cut that intro'", Jones later recalled. "He said, 'But that's the jelly!'[...] 'That's what makes me want to dance'. And when Michael Jackson tells you, 'That's what makes me want to dance', well, the rest of us just have to shut up."[7][11] Jones also wanted to change the track's title to "Not My Lover", as he believed that people would think the song referred to the tennis player Billie Jean King.[12][13] Jackson refused to change the title and asked Jones to give him co-producing credits for the track; he felt that the demo tape sounded exactly like the finished product. In addition, Jackson wanted extra royalties. Jones granted neither and the two fell out for several days.[5][9]

Forgive Michael for WHAT?

In my opinion, no offense, Quincy Jones needs to be medicated. I don't know if it's his age or "something" else, but there appears to be something amiss with Mr. Jones.

He's always BRAGGING about all of the "other" folks he worked with, why doesn't he concentrate on speaking about them for a change.

And while he's at it, he can explain why "the great Quincy Jones' version of 'We Are The World' sounds like a flushing toilet." LOL!

Has he escaped from the OAP home again. go away old man. just cause its got mjs name in it doesnt mean it should be posted

Quincy is a bitter old man with a lot of issues. I have lost all respect for him because of the hateful, uncalled for cheap shots he has taken against MJ both before and after his death. Shame on him and I will never forgive him.

If he has Facebook or Twitter, ask him what he had to forgive MJ?

We dont know what happened or what was told....

You know? I'll always believe Q is a musical genius but he's just so full of himself sometimes.

Forgive Michael for WHAT?

In my opinion, no offense, Quincy Jones needs to be medicated. I don't know if it's his age or "something" else, but there appears to be something amiss with Mr. Jones.

He's always BRAGGING about all of the "other" folks he worked with, why doesn't he concentrate on speaking about them for a change.

And while he's at it, he can explain why "the great Quincy Jones' version of 'We Are The World' sounds like a flushing toilet." LOL!

Quincy I will forgive you if you shut your freaking mouth.

:rofl:

I'd beleive him if he hadn't insulted MJ & his kids AFTER he passed.

If he'd forgiven MJ a long time ago, why was he talking ish in interview days before and after Michael passed?

I also believe that all of the success The Estate Of Michael Jackson has enjoyed thus far, helps to keep Mr. Jones' bitterness in tact. Just my personal opinion.

Michael Jackson is no longer with us, but he DEFINITELY lives on!

If he forgave Michael before he passed (for what, that's a mystery), why so many nasty comments since? Michael never said anything but nice things in public about Q.
Too late for MY forgiveness anyway.

All these people have such a sense of entitlement it's unbelievable. Since Michael always talked about Quincy with respect and admiration, even after they parted ways and he always gave Q his due share of credit, I'm not sure why Michael would need "forgiveness" from him. Unless for leaving him. Which would just make Q possessive - something he denies being.

Jones is bitter cause his work with mj overshadows everything hes done on his own and that really seems to piss him off. then he has the gual to talk about forgiving mj. talk about throwing stones to hide your hands. the question should be whether mj would forgive him. how dare he turn it around onto mj when mj spent his entire life being respectful and dignified regardless of what he trueky thought. i so hope princes tweet was about this arsehole

Last edited:
????? I had the same questions as others. What the hell did he talk about ???? What MJ did that he need Quency to forgive him. I thought it should be other way around. MJ always thanked him in all public appearance. MJ never said anything bad about Quency. So what did Quency mean here????? Totally don't get it. Quency is the one who said MJ bleach his skin and PPB wasn't his kids. I don't know who is the one to need to ask forgiveness. Quency didn't make any sense.

????? I had the same questions as others. What the hell did he talk about ???? What MJ did that he need Quency to forgive him. I thought it should be other way around. MJ always thanked him in all public appearance. MJ never said anything bad about Quency. So what did Quency mean here????? Totally don't get it. Quency is the one who said MJ bleach his skin and PPB wasn't his kids. I don't know who is the one to need to ask forgiveness. Quency didn't make any sense.
He's completely insane, but he's a genius 'n we love him anyway, don't we guys?

CNN is reporting that Sony expects a 3 Billion Dollar lost. please post this in the wright place thank you.

I don't love him. LOL! At this point, I don't even like him to be honest with you, he lost me COMPLETELY when he started questioning the paternity of Michael's children. Certainly not the type of behaviour I would expect from an adult who at one time was close to Michael. If he felt he needed to discuss that particular topic in private, that's on him, but to discuss that in PUBLIC was and remains unacceptable, in my opinion.

Mr. Jones should definitely have better things to discuss in public than the paternity of somebody's children.

WTF????

It's Quincy who should be asking for forgiveness from MJ and his children.....

As I dont see him as a genius. He did great things, no doubt, but the only one I would describe as a genius was Michael. As far as loving him, certainly not. I doubt I'll ever forgive what he said before and after Michael died.

Billie Jean was too weak to be on the album? Really Quincy?

I would be ashamed to even admit this one...

The moment he said Michael was weird, the day after Michael's death will never erase from my memory.
This dude mentions the name Michael Jackson because he's got nothing to say, but do wanna have some attention.
Like really, how dares someone to call your 'friend' a strange guy, the day after he died.
No respect for him.
He did some amazing albums with Michael, but the quality did become bigger when this guy was off the record.
This guy needs to shut up.

Back