MJJC Legacy Project - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

TheChosenOne

Proud Member
banner2ru.png

MJJC Legacy Project - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

The Michael Jackson Fan Community continues to 'Make That Change'!

We are pleased to announce our first official initiative - Plant A Tree In Michael's Honour!!!

We must first acknowledge that this idea was first mooted by Chamone on the KOP board and brought to our attention by Wendy 2004! Thanks for this guys!

As Michael fans we know how strongly Michael felt about the planet, its environment and its people and the MJJC Legacy Project have established a Michael Jackson Memorial Fund with the Nature Conservancy in support of the their Plant A Billion Trees project.

The Nature Conservancy, the leading conservation organisation, is committed to protecting ecologically important lands and waters. They address threats to conservation, including climate change, partnering with indigenous communities, businesses and governments.

Check them out at: http://www.nature.org or http://www.plantabillion.org/

Fans can choose to donate as little as $10 US for 10 trees.

IMPORTANT: WHEN MAKING A DONATION, PLEASE BE SURE TO USE THIS REFERENCE NO. 1207 5587. THIS IS THE NUMBER SPECIFICALLY FOR THE MICHAEL JACKSON FUND.

To donate you can:

1] visit their site (see above).
PLEASE NOTE - if you choose to use this option you will need to send a separate email to natureconservancy@mailca.custhelp.com, providing them with your RECEIPT CODE and the REFERENCE NUMBER for Michael's fund

2] call them at 1-800-628-6860 (be sure to give them the reference number)

3] post a cheque/postal order to:
Nature Conservancy
P O Box 6016
Albert Lea
Minnesota, 56007
U.S.A.
(be sure to attach a note with the reference number)

The Nature Conversancy will keep a record of the number of trees are donated in Michael's honour and the Legacy team will be able to give a monthly update! But when you have donated, feel free to post here in the thread .

So, ready, set, GO MJ fans - let's show the world how it's done

Re: MJJC LEGACY INITIATIVE - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

What a wonderful idea.

Do they plant trees all over the world...? or only in the US?

All over the world. It is an international project but focuses mainly on the Atlantic forests.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

This is really great! :D

We should see if we can set up somethin' like this with ALL the charities that Michael has supported. What say you ChosenOne?

Now this is something that will make Michael smile from the heavens!!!

I just donated $25 dollars, but I didn't see anywhere to put the reference number! It was a bit confusing. I could see about donating another $10, but I just need to know when and where I input the reference number.

I donated $7... This is for you and all of us, Michael.

Thank you!
Your gift to The Nature Conservancy’s Plant a Billion Trees campaign will help to protect and restore the Atlantic Forest, one of the world’s biggest and most endangered tropical forests.

Krshna28;2376225 said:
Now this is something that will make Michael smile from the heavens!!!

True!

what a beautiful Idea...I will do this...in Michael's memory....he would love this idea....thank you to all who posted this idea..:)

I just donated $25 dollars, but I didn't see anywhere to put the reference number! It was a bit confusing. I could see about donating another $10, but I just need to know when and where I input the reference number.

GOsh... I forgot to put the reference number!!! But I din'd't see where to put it either!

I would advise that if you are going to do it online that you send a separate email to them indicating that you would like your donation to go towards the MJ Memorial Fund and give them the reference number. You can also PM me and let me know your name and I will speak to our contact person who make sure that it is assigned to Michael's fund.

If you call the 1-800 number, then you can give the number over the phone.

If you decide to post a cheque/postal order, please attach a note indicating the reference number!

Thanks guys!!!

I would advise that if you are going to do it online that you send a separate email to them indicating that you would like your donation to go towards the MJ Memorial Fund and give them the reference number. You can also PM me and let me know your name and I will speak to our contact person who make sure that it is assigned to Michael's fund.

If you call the 1-800 number, then you can give the number over the phone.

If you decide to post a cheque/postal order, please attach a note indicating the reference number!

Thanks guys!!!

Thanks! And no problem, we each have a responsibility to help our planet heal, so any part I can take is well worth it. We learned from the best.

I have gone and emailed them asking them to do that so hopefully it'll all work out seamlessly.

Michael's legacy lives on in all of us, let's make him proud.

:clapping: Amazing!!

:clapping: I will definitely donate!

Thank you so much for this beautiful idea!! I will donate and spread the word! :)

Great idea! Michael says in THIS IS IT that he loves trees, so much! We should all be planting trees all over the world for Michael :)

Great idea!!

Let's ALWAYS keep going with this legacy project and keep our thinking caps on for new ideas.

MAKE IT A BETTER PLACE.

L.O.V.E.

Deforestation is a devastating issue. The world needs more green and more trees. And we are spreading Michaels beautiful message. :wub:

I just made a 10 dollar donation today but wasnt able to use the reference numbe.
If anyone 's in touch with them could you please make sure its going to the MJ memorial fund?

My name; janine makkinga from the netherlands.

Beautiful idea, I will definitely be donating to this.

Is this project for a limited time?

Have just posted a note on my facebook.. I have 1,780 MJ friends.. Hope it helps :)

Nancii this is so amazing! I will definitely be donating for this. Michael would be so so proud, we have to keep doing things like this is his name.

This is a great idea, I will be donating and will plant some trees too.

Love this. Donating right now.

Back