Paris Jackson talks to GLAMOUR Magazine "The Title of Michael Jackson's Daughter Doesn't Fit Me"

Vici

Proud Member
[size=+2]Paris Jackson Says "The Title of Michael Jackson's Daughter Doesn't Fit Me."[/size]

14, Paris Jackson is in many ways a typical teenager, navigating the cliques of high school, listening to music, tweeting at 3:00 A.M. Except for one thing: Her father was Michael Jackson. And now, three years after his death, she's ready to step into the spotlight for the sake of a movie role—just one of the decisions that may have led to some public family squabbling this summer. Wondering who the real Paris is? Get to know her as she hangs out with Glamour.

0906_paris-jackson-01_ob.jpg

Some members of her family wish she'd wait to become an actress.

"A lot of people don't want me to do it [her aunt Janet Jackson has said, "She has the rest of her adult life to be that actress that she wants to be... Your childhood—you completely lose."], but Aunt La Toya believes in me. She heard me play a little guitar and sing, and she started clapping, 'Oh my God, oh my God.' She really does encourage me; it's just awesome of her."

She's determined to prove herself.

"I love my dad, and I'm proud to be his daughter. I just don't think the title 'M.J.'s daughter' fits me. A lot of people think he's the only reason I'm making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person."

She refuses to follow the crowd.

"The clique in my class, they don't like me or my friend because we're outside of the box. We're not copycats. Prince calls me goth, but I'm more rock 'n' roll. (I listen to older music like AC/DC; Phil Collins is the ish.) A ton of kids at school have made fun of me; if I had to give advice to other girls, I would say, 'Hang loose and ignore them. They shouldn't faze you no matter how popular they think they are.'"

—As told to Amy Spencer

To read the complete interview and see the entire October issue, pick up a copy of Glamour on newsstands September 11, or download the digital issue right now!

Do you think Paris seems like your typical teenager? Are you excited to watch her career as an actress grow?

Read More http://www.glamour.com/entertainmen...s-jackson-says-the-title-o.html#ixzz25aEOz0Cw

Re: Paris Jackson talks to GLAMOUR Magazine "The Title of Michael Jackson's Daughter Doesn't Fit Me

Shame. She is listening LaToya..

Re: Paris Jackson talks to GLAMOUR Magazine "The Title of Michael Jackson's Daughter Doesn't Fit Me

I think she should wait too.

Bless her, just wish she would enjoy her childhood first.

Well we all said before that we thought LaToya was encouraging her. Remember how LaToya gushed about Paris and was dropping her name all the time. Also, LaToya had begun to accompany the children to events like the occasion when Strong gave the stolen Michael art to the hospital.

I love that Paris is her own person and does not follow the crowd. Michael was like that too.

the article is updating and i can't find it. well..as for me..and i hope i don't get flamed...but, like anybody else in the family so far, if Paris doesn't talk about Michael, i tend to lose interest in her..maybe that's a good thing. .maybe that is what she wants.

It's sad that people are bothering her at school. I hope she will be okay. You think she is going to listen to Janet now after what happened this summer? I doubt it and I wonder is she even talks to janet anymore. I understand she wants to be her own person and that is what she and he brothers will have to do as they get older.

She thinks Latoya has her best interests at heart... *sighs* I hope she realizes soon enough what Latoya really wants.

"I love my dad, and I'm proud to be his daughter. I just don't think the title 'M.J.'s daughter' fits me. A lot of people think he's the only reason I'm making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person."
Not tryin to be rude but making it how? She is not famous yet for anything but being MJs kid and being on twitter 24/7. lol When she makes a successful movie or whatever else she wants to do in a future career then I will understand that kind of talk. Her next sentence makes more sense. And who would have imagined La toya bein the fave aunt of the 3 sisters! O_O SMH

Last edited:

:wtf:

La T:censored: :)nono:) is a bad example and NEVER will be the best person to say anything to Paris. :nono: May God watch over Paris ALWAYS! :pray:

Not tryin to be rude but making it how? She is not famous yet for anything but being MJs kid and being on twitter 24/7. lol When she makes a successful movie or whatever else she wants to do in a future career then I will understand that kind of talk.
That's actually exactly what she said. She said she doesn't want ppl to think she's "making it" because she's MJ's daughter, she wants to "make it" because she's talented. She was talking about her future career. A lot of children of successful stars struggle to step out of their parents' shadow. Paris isn't any different. People will always call her the King of Pop's daughter, they will always mention MJ's name whenever they talk about her. So naturally she wants to be successful because of her talent and not because she's Michael's daughter.

That's actually exactly what she said. She said she doesn't want ppl to think she's "making it" because she's MJ's daughter, she wants to "make it" because she's talented. She was talking about her future career. A lot of children of successful stars struggle to step out of their parents' shadow. Paris isn't any different. People will always call her the King of Pop's daughter, they will always mention MJ's name whenever they talk about her. So naturally she wants to be successful because of her talent and not because she's Michael's daughter.
No she said that afterwards! That's why I said that her next sentence made better sense.

She should wait til she finishes school and not feel obligated to be an entertainer.
But, she's obviously growing into a very pretty young woman.

I wonder about Prince, though. I hope he doesn't grow up to be a smug d-bag like Sean Lennon.
I know he's still young, but whenever Prince speaks in interviews and talks about being a producer and working on projects, I just cringe :D

I don't mean to be rude either but she doesn't even have a career yet, just a twitter account. Until she's succesful on her own, she'll be just known for being Michael's daughter. It's a shame she's listening and has Latoya by her side , she's not exactly a role model and doesn't have the best interest at heart. I'd be dreadful Paris letting La Tonta videotapping her for the stupid reality show she's gonna with OWN just for being her fave aunt...

I don't know if this was posted before but this is Paris singing with her friend a few days ago. She's obviously joking around but what do you guys think?

I don't know if this was posted before but this is Paris singing with her friend a few days ago. She's obviously joking around but what do you guys think?

What do you mean? What part seemed like singing? :thinking:

Also at the end of the interview, it says the FULL interview with Paris will be available (Glamour magazine) on 9/11 so she's says a lot more.

Last edited:

Also at the end of the interview, it says the FULL interview with Paris will be available (Glamour magazine) on 9/11

Oh God ... there's more. :bugeyed *big sigh*

I'm still wondering WHO is taking care of "career" of Paris. Well, why does it seem that she has someone (La T:censored:?????) taking care of her "career". :fear:

To Cassie's comment, I don't know what to think or believe anymore on the Jacksons...

Reading her tweets, she is more typical than not, but that is to be expected. Good to hear she's willing to listen to whatever she likes rather than follow trends, though. It'll be interesting to witness her development in coming years.

"She talks about surfing the 'bu, meaning Malibu"...a child after my own heart!

The Endless Summer - Trailer (1966)

Michael Jackson - Style Of Life -HD-

Poor kid is getting bad advice. No way she should be talking this much to the press.

Mod note Thread cleaned
As per the rules posted in 2300 forum please dont call Jackson's out of thier names

Paris Jackson Doesn't Want to Be 'Michael Jackson's Daughter'

Paris Jackson Doesn't Want to Be 'Michael Jackson's Daughter'

Paris Jackson was kind of a mystery before her famous father died, hidden away in what seemed to outsiders like a bizarre life with dad Michael Jackson and her brothers. And now, with a new career in movies about to kick off, the 14-year-old has put the world on notice. She doesn't want to be known as Michael Jackson's daughter.But make no mistake, that's not meant as a slam against the King of Pop. Let this be a lesson for parents of teenagers everywhere ...
Paris Jackson is starting to sound more and more like a normal -- albeit wildly famous -- 14-year-old girl. As she told Glamour:
I love my dad, and I'm proud to be his daughter. I just don't think the title 'M.J.'s daughter' fits me. A lot of people think he's the only reason I'm making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person.
Can you blame her? She's 14!
It's hard for us, as parents, to recognize that our kids don't want to be associated with us forever. We take it as our kids being "embarrassed" of us. At times, they are. When you are still rocking the same hairstyle you had in high school, only now your kid is in high school, you really ARE the only one who thinks you look cool.
But what Paris has said here is exactly what every kid wishes they could to their parent: they love us, but they don't want everything they do to be a "reflection on the family" (ahem, you heard your Mom's voice there, didn't you?). They WANT it to be a reflection on how darn hard they have worked to get where they are and all the effort they have put into things.
I get it. My dad was not the most famous singer in the entire world, but he gave me a last name that is well-known in my small town. At times that name was as much a burden as it has been a boon. And here I was, busting my butt to pull in good grades, volunteering in my community, and doing all these things that represented me. Not my family. Not anyone else. Just ME.
I think it's easy to look at all we have put into raising our kids and want them to give us some credit. We are the ones, after all, who spent all those late nights with a crying baby, who sewed the Halloween costumes, who helped build the dioramas.
But at some point, you have to step back and realize, you don't become a parent because you want credit. You become a parent because you want to raise an incredible human being. And when it happens, when your kid is standing in front of you like Paris Jackson saying, "Hey, I can do this on my own! It's not all about you," you know you did a good job ... that should be enough.
Do you ever wish your kids would give you a little more credit? What do you think of the way Paris is distancing herself from her dad?

Here is link:http://thestir.cafemom.com/teen/143108/paris_jackson_doesnt_want_to

Re: Paris Jackson Doesn't Want to Be 'Michael Jackson's Daughter'

I understand what she means but I don't like the title. I can see that all over the internet with that. People not taking the time to read what she means.

I'm waiting for the day when people here say that the jacksons or someone of them WANT her to start a business career, or that someone pushed her in that. that it was against her will and the jacksons are so so bad peoples.^^
oh, i'm waiting. i'm sure someone will say that here someday.
^^

Back