Paris Jackson shares late father Michael's geeky hobby... as she spends day at comic book convention

AliCat

Proud Member
Paris Jackson revealed her inner-geek after enjoying a day out with her brothers at a Los Angeles comic convention.
The 14-year-old daughter of late pop icon Michael Jackson stepped out in a yellow top and denim hot pants as she attended Stan Lee's Comikaze event on Sunsday.
Flanked by a crew that were the filming the family during their day out, Paris seemed happy as she walked through the bustling crowds at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Comic book fans, games and zombie enthusiasts descended on the pop culture event over the weekend for the annual festival, which is now in its second year and has been re-branded Stan Lee's Comikaze after the comic book creator became a business partner following last year's success.

article-2204438-150DC624000005DC-267_634x903.jpg

article-2204438-150DC69D000005DC-385_634x630.jpg

While Paris and her older brother Prince Michael didn't dress up for the occasion, ten-year-old Blanket got into the spirit of things by wearing a red T-shirt featuring several Marvel comics characters that Lee created, including Spider-Man and The Hulk.

The Jackson children inherited their comic book loving side from their father.
Michael was a huge comic book fan and purchased a host of geek goodies, including life-size statues of Spider-Man, Superman and Batman, as well as vintage X-Men and Marvel Vs Capcom arcade machines.
The King of Pop also struck up a friendship with Stan Lee in his failed bid to buy the screen rights of Spider-Man.
Lee recounted their meeting in a 2009 interview with MTV: 'I had been to his place in Neverland ... and he wanted to do Spider-Man. I'm not sure whether he just wanted to produce it or wanted to play the role, you know? Our conversation never got that far along.

'He thought I'd be the one who could get him the rights and I told him I couldn't, he would have to go to the Marvel company. But we did become friendly... and he was a great guy.'
Paris has also inherited her dad's acting desires.
In a new interview with Glamour, she says she's desperate to be an actress and has the backing of her Aunt La Toya.
Paris said: 'She really does encourage me; it’s just awesome of her. I love my dad, and I’m proud to be his daughter.
'I just don’t think the title ‘M.J.’s daughter’ fits me. A lot of people think he’s the only reason I’m making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person.'

article-2204438-150DC70C000005DC-102_634x901.jpg

article-2204438-150DC701000005DC-859_634x857.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-comic-book-convention.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

"Flanked by a crew that were the filming the family during their day out, Paris seemed happy as she walked through the bustling crowds at the Los Angeles Convention Center."

What crew was filming them? LaToya for her reality show or whatever she is filming?

"Flanked by a crew that were the filming the family during their day out, Paris seemed happy as she walked through the bustling crowds at the Los Angeles Convention Center."

What crew was filming them? LaToya for her reality show or whatever she is filming?

Makes me wanna puke just thinking about it...

I really, really hope not. But if LaToya wasn't there I'm guessing it's not for her show.

'He thought I'd (Stan Lee) be the one who could get him the rights and I told him I couldn't, he would have to go to the Marvel company. But we did become friendly... and he was a great guy.'

I wonder if Michael could smell 'the wind of change' concerning Stan Lee and Marvel Comics and this was the real reason Michael Jackson being involved with being an Investor, did not transpire. Michael brought along John McClain with him as seen in the video, when Michael met Stan Lee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-0njzrem1g

Here is an excerpt of a lawsuit involving Stan Lee and Marvel Comics;
The Parties
Lee is a veteran comic book writer and editor who created or co-created many of America's best known comic book characters. For decades, Lee was employed by Marvel and its predecessors. In 1998, after Marvel terminated Lee's prior employment agreement, Lee began to work for a new company, Stan Lee Enterprises ("SLE"), the alleged predecessor to SLMI. The SLE/Lee Employment Agreement, however, recognized that Lee would be spending 10 to 15 hours per week working for Marvel pursuant to an agreement between Lee and Marvel. In January 2001, Lee terminated the SLE/Lee Employment Agreement based on SLMI's material breaches, including SLMI's failure to pay his salary.
Marvel, currently Marvel Entertainment, LLC, successor by merger of Marvel Entertainment, Inc., which is formerly known as Marvel Enterprises, Inc., is a
[ 765 F.Supp.2d 445 ]

publisher of comic books and holder of rights with respect to the Characters.
Prior Proceedings
The complaint in this action was filed by Lee on November 12, 2002 and sought damages, declaratory relief, specific performance and an accounting arising from Marvel's alleged breach of paragraph 4(f) of the Marvel/Lee Employment Agreement entered into in November 1, 1998. After extensive discovery, both parties filed motions for partial summary judgment.
An opinion and order dated January 17, 2005 (the "January 17 Order") granted in part and denied in part each of the parties' summary judgment motions. The parties thereafter agreed to the terms of a settlement and on or about April 27, 2005 a stipulation and order dismissing with prejudice all claims asserted in the action was entered (the "April 27 Order"). Stan Lee v. Marvel Enterprises, Inc., 386 F.Supp.2d 235 (S.D.N.Y.2005).
The instant motions by SLMI were heard on October 6, 2010.
SLMI
SLMI was an internet-based publicly held production and marketing company cofounded in or about July 1999 by Lee and Peter F. Paul ("Paul"), a thrice convicted felon currently serving a 10-year prison term for manipulating the publicly traded stock of SLMI before its collapse in early 2001. On February 16, 2001, SLMI and its wholly-owned subsidiary filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy petitions in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. In August 2002, SLM-CO was administratively dissolved by the Colorado Secretary of State. The jointly administered bankruptcy cases were dismissed (for failure to pay U.S. Trustee fees).
http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?page=12&xmldoc=In%20FDCO%2020110207805.xml&docbase=CsLwAr3-2007-Curr&SizeDisp=7

2f3130c043fe701a1b0f6a706700cf8a.jpg

Lou Ferrigno, Paris Jackson, Stan Lee, Prince Michael Jackson, and Prince Michael Jackson II pose for a photograph at Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2012 in Los Angeles.

Paris Jackson and Brothers Attend Stan Lee's Comikaze

September 17, 2012Celebrity Highlights
<!--googleon: snippet-->Michael Jackson’s kids, Paris, Prince and Blanket, followed in their father’s footsteps on Sunday when they attended Stan Lee’s Comikaze in Los Angeles.
parisjackson-450x600.jpg

Instagram

Paris appeared to have a blast, posting a collection of Instagram photos from the event like a Captain America mask, Comikaze poster and herself trying on what appeared to be a Loki helmet from "Thor."

While Paris and Prince dressed in street clothes, Blanket was photographed wearing a Marvel T-shirt featuring Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and more.

parisjacksonstanlee1-615x400.jpg

Photo: Lou Ferrigno, Paris Jackson, Stan Lee, Prince and Blanket Jackson. Credit: Tom Hinckley / Studio 1501.

Michael was a known and collector owned life-sized statues of characters such as Superman and Batman. MJ even bonded with Stan Lee, the co-creator of many of Marvel’s most popular superheroes, over the movie rights to “Spider-Man.”

In 2009, Lee told MTV, “I had been to his place in Neverland and he wanted to do ‘Spider-Man.’ I'm not sure whether he just wanted to produce it or wanted to play the role, you know? Our conversation never got that far along.”

Stan added, “He thought I'd be the one who could get him the rights and I told him I couldn't, he would have to go to the company. But we did become friendly... and he was a great guy.”

http://www.extratv.com/2012/09/17/paris-jackson-and-brothers-attend-comic-book-convention/

Finally, Prince Michael Jackson II has been allowed to go somewhere he
REALLY WANTS TO BE!!!! :wub:
article-2204438-150DC70C000005DC-102_634x901.jpg

I really, really hope not. But if LaToya wasn't there I'm guessing it's not for her show.

I really hope it is not for her show, but who is to say LaToya needs to be there, she is no director?
She could've told director to go with kids and do some filming.:puke:

Oh, a friend of mine went to that!
meow.gif

Perhaps I should ask him if he ran into PPB! He's met them before, so mayhaps they ran into each other here?
Anyway, Paris looks amazing as usual, good to see Prince and Blanket having fun as well! Beautiful kids.

2f3130c043fe701a1b0f6a706700cf8a.jpg

Lou Ferrigno, Paris Jackson, Stan Lee, Prince Michael Jackson, and Prince Michael Jackson II pose for a photograph at Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2012 in Los Angeles.

Stan Lee is freaking awesome! The man is 90 years old and he's still kicking ass

Lol ... Madina's managed to get herself included in LaToya's show as well...still find her odd. I have no doubt at all that this is LaToya's tv show filming them. Michael would be ecstatic to see his three kids on a reality wouldn't he ..:busted:

Michael would be ecstatic to see his three kids on a reality wouldn't he ..:busted:

Yes, a reality show designed to boost ratings for oprah's tv channel. I think in the last couple of years we;ve just become desensitized to all this exposure for ppb. But when i think for a few seconds about what mj did to protect his children, when in his last few years he would have dearly benefitted from a few pr photos or interviews with his children, i get so mad at how his wishes have completely and totally been disrespected by every member of the jackson family.

Back