Concert photos, newspaper clippings, when I won ticket and attented BAD Wembley Concert.

Shelleigh

Proud Member
I finally managed to get my scanner working so have scanned just a few of my photos, even though they are poor quality ( I was only 10 when I took them), my ticket and the newspaper page from The Sun where they announce that I won the tickets. Even announcing this they have to use that horrible term of theirs that they used for Michael:no:

Newspaper page
19-01-2013175907_zps95c878bc.jpg

Close up of the announcement
19-01-2013175650_zps9c3bbf91.jpg

My ticket
19-01-2013173534_zps1d9d1cd7.jpg

And just a few photos (the stupid bloke infront of my would not move his head out of the way)
19-01-2013174819_zps40f3c8d1.jpg

19-01-2013174434_zps3f57ad81.jpg

19-01-2013174208_zps0c6fe6b4.jpg

19-01-2013173859_zps957309ac.jpg

19-01-2013174601_zpsa0bd5ad2.jpg

Re: Concert photos and newspaper clipping.

It must have been a dream come true. Just to see your name in the newspaper (especially since the Sun isn't the best paper to bring positivity towards people) announcing you won VIP tickets to one of MICHAEL JACKSON's Bad Tour shows, is like one in a million. Unbelievable! [as if George Costanza would say it] :D The Wembley stadium looks so magical and legendary. It's almost unreal how you have captured some iconic Michael stills from the Jumbotrons. These pictures could have been taken from my dreams, where I witness Michael from this close and mostly feeling the atmosphere being in the audience. Thanks for sharing this story and your photos.

Re: Concert photos and newspaper clipping.

OMG...you are so lucky to have seen the Bad tour live! You must have some amazing memories :)

Wow what a awesome experience. Its nice you still have the memorabilia. thanks for sharing your story and the pics of the article and concert. You were so young can you remember any details of your experience ? Who went with you ?

Yes it was amazing and yes I can still remember it all like it was yesterday.
The story behind it all is even more amazing, I am still surprised that I won considering my mum forgot to post the postcard until the day before the closing date, so they must have picked the postcard right on the top lol.
I can remember crying becuase I thought I didnt win then the next day I got the letter (which unfortunately has been lost over the years) and I screamed the whole house down lol.
My little sister wasn't even a year old at the time so my mum couldn't go with me, so her best friend orgnised it all and came with me as I was only 10.
We had to be there for 12pm as we had a 3 course meal before hand with bucks fizz ( which I was allowed to drink as long as I drank them slowly lol) I had tomato soup, peppered salmon with salad and chocolate cake.
The concert started earlier than expected so we missed a few songs from Kim Wilde, which I didnt mind as I only knew a few of her songs anyway.
I never screamed or cried when Micheal was on, I was just so happy to be there and didn't want to miss a thing.
Ohh the magic, at that age I thought Michael was doing real magic with Thriller and Beat It, where he disappeared and then emerged on the other side of the stage or in the crowd.
With the Bad 25 dvd out my husband told me after watching it that he finally realises why I kept on about it so much, and I got the box set for my mum for her birthday as she really wanted to go with me but couldn't.

Love the personal pics. Oh to have been there. The stage and the crowd just looks so cool.

You are so lucky! :) If I had a time machine I would go to the 80s to watch Bad Tour. Michael at his peak.

Yes it was amazing and yes I can still remember it all like it was yesterday.
The story behind it all is even more amazing, I am still surprised that I won considering my mum forgot to post the postcard until the day before the closing date, so they must have picked the postcard right on the top lol.
I can remember crying becuase I thought I didnt win then the next day I got the letter (which unfortunately has been lost over the years) and I screamed the whole house down lol.
My little sister wasn't even a year old at the time so my mum couldn't go with me, so her best friend orgnised it all and came with me as I was only 10.
We had to be there for 12pm as we had a 3 course meal before hand with bucks fizz ( which I was allowed to drink as long as I drank them slowly lol) I had tomato soup, peppered salmon with salad and chocolate cake.
The concert started earlier than expected so we missed a few songs from Kim Wilde, which I didnt mind as I only knew a few of her songs anyway.
I never screamed or cried when Micheal was on, I was just so happy to be there and didn't want to miss a thing.
Ohh the magic, at that age I thought Michael was doing real magic with Thriller and Beat It, where he disappeared and then emerged on the other side of the stage or in the crowd.
With the Bad 25 dvd out my husband told me after watching it that he finally realises why I kept on about it so much, and I got the box set for my mum for her birthday as she really wanted to go with me but couldn't.

oh wow...this is just SO truly amazing..I love to hear fan stories about their MJ experiences...Thank you SOOOOO much for sharing this with us..:)

I can imagine how happy you were!l like winning the lottery. :D

Oh my gosh! thanks so much for sharing. I'm very emotional tonight for some reason, so you'll excuse my reply (probably because I went on a Bad Tour videos marathon today) but your story really made my eyes water, I really wish I could've had the chance to experience that but, hell, I was only 17 days old when you attended that concert :rofl: anyway, amazing photos and memories you've shared, must've been amazing. Had I attended one of those shows, I would've relived it in my dreams every single day of my life. Oh Michael :cry:

Fave shot from the jumbotron:
19-01-2013173859_zps957309ac.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your memories.
I can just imagine you've held on to all these items for all these years. So precious.
...Got me thinking, people like you who have intense childhood memories regarding MJ, I find it hard to think they could turn into non-fans. I wish to know what it feels like to be that kind of fan.

Back