Producers/Tracks You Would Like to See on the 2013 Studio Album

Producers You'd Like to See on the 2013 Studio Album

• Total voters

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
What producers/select tracks do you want to see released on this year's studio album?

To be completely fair, I've included only producers who are known to have produced unreleased material with Michael. (I'm not positive about Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, although I do remember reading that they acquire at least two unreleased tracks from the HIStory sessions.) I've left Eddie Cascio out of the poll for obvious reasons. Comment your choice of any specific songs below if you desire to. This is a multi-choice thread, so you can pick as many producers as you want!

Personally, my number one choice is Neff-U. Although the work we've heard from him is scarce, his production on Best of Joy and (I Like) The Way You Love Me is sublime, and I anticipate hearing songs like I Was the Loser and Silent Spring. I would also love to hear Days in Gloucestershire (Brad Buxer), Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me (Rodney Jerkins), A Place with No Name (Dr. Freeze) and anything with Babyface and RedOne. Quite frankly, I could live without hearing any of the will.i.am collaborations, seeing as how he's being an ignorant prick regarding their release, but I think the release of the James Brown tribute Miss You could be a nice tribute to the two.

Last edited:
I chose Teddy Riley, Bill Bottrell and Rodney Jerkins.

How do you know there is an album coming this year and do you know when it is?

I think several of the people included in the poll might do well on a future release.

However, I hope that Teddy Riley will stay as far away as possible. His involvement in the god-awful Monster and Breaking News, as well as the total butchering of Hollywood Tonight disqualifies him IMO for having any involvement whatsoever in any future projects.

With that said, there is one person I'd like to add to the list. Allthough the collaborations with Ne-Yo never went beyond the planning stage, I'd really like to see him involved in some way or another. Ne-Yo has always been very respectful to Michael, and I believe that he has lots of good stuff to bring to the table.

I votes for 4 different :lol:

I voted on Will.I.Am as one of them - not because I like him much - but becuase I would like to hear what he an MJ came up with. They are some of the most recent songs and I think they could be great.

with not many unreleased songs, i decided upon the producers who may have the most songs from 2001-2009, hoping their's enough material to last over 20 years

with not many unreleased songs, i decided upon the producers who may have the most songs from 2001-2009, hoping their's enough material to last over 20 years

There are many unreleased songs, Zakk. I know that Stella said there are around 20 releasable ones from each era (Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible I presume = 6 eras), which accounts for 120 songs, give or take. Of course MY sources tell me different, but anyone could be right/wrong. We have enough, just as long as we release them carefully.

popcorn-MJ.gif

I want those who worked closely with Michael on the particular sessions to work on the songs. If Brad Buxer worked with Michael on a song, Buxer should be the one who produces the final mix. Teddy Riley, Bill Bottrell, and Bryan Loren should be the ones who work on the songs recorded during the Dangerous sessions and so on.....

I'm interested to hear the Will i am tracks but we all know that he has an extreme auto tune fetish and i'm scared that he'll put auto tune all over MJ's vocals

There are many unreleased songs, Zakk. I know that Stella said there are around 20 releasable ones from each era (Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible I presume = 6 eras), which accounts for 120 songs, give or take. Of course MY sources tell me different, but anyone could be right/wrong. We have enough, just as long as we release them carefully.

for the hardcore fans, I know the early songs would go down well, but for the general public, I'm fairly sure they'd be mostly interested in songs recorded from 2005-2009 as they would be considered "new material" and not songs that could go on Anniversary editions, I'm still curious as to how many songs are out there from the years previously stated.

If there are 20 songs from each era why did we only get 7 unreleased songs in Bad 25? Also does it annoy anyone else to know that because MJ has died we will never know how he intended some of his unfinished songs to be? :(

If there are 20 songs from each era why did we only get 7 unreleased songs in Bad 25?

We got six. And we only got that many because the Estate doesn't want to blow all their material with one release. Think about it; let's say that the Estate released every single unreleased Bad-era song on B25. It would be GREAT, because we would have so many new Bad-era songs, but it would also be terrible because we would never hear a new Bad-era song again. They want the material to last for a long time, so they need to spread out the new music.

Definitely RedOne.

Also, will.i.am, Brad Buxer/Michael Prince/Neff-U & Rodney Jerkins.

Last edited:
At first, I wanted only 2005-2009 material on 1 CD, but ever since Michael Prince tweeted, he got me hyped, so now all I want is a MP/BB CD.

We got six. And we only got that many because the Estate doesn't want to blow all their material with one release. Think about it; let's say that the Estate released every single unreleased Bad-era song on B25. It would be GREAT, because we would have so many new Bad-era songs, but it would also be terrible because we would never hear a new Bad-era song again. They want the material to last for a long time, so they need to spread out the new music.

We got seven. (Al Capone, Free, Don't be Messin', I'm so Blue, Price of Fame, Song Grove/Abortion Papers and Fly away). And that's true but when you say "they want it to last for a long time" how long are we talking? I don't want to go to my grave not hearing every MJ song xD Also, when is this album expected and how do we know it's coming?

^ "Fly Away" has been released before (2001, Bad Special Edition).

We got seven. (Al Capone, Free, Don't be Messin', I'm so Blue, Price of Fame, Song Grove/Abortion Papers and Fly away). And that's true but when you say "they want it to last for a long time" how long are we talking? I don't want to go to my grave not hearing every MJ song xD Also, when is this album expected and how do we know it's coming?

Haha :p I'm sure they'll release them in some shape or form. The next album is due this spring (as of now). There have been multiple people speaking of a spring release date (insiders) and the recent tweets by Michael Prince does all but prove them false.

None. The work they left behind with Michael will suffice. And personally, I think a "studio" album is a bad idea. There can be no true studio album without Michael. It's just desperation. Just put out a solid collection of unreleased songs and don't try to dress it up as something it isn't.

I voted so many producers. xD
I voted with RedOne, Babyface, Neff-U, Rodney, Buxer/Prince and will.i.am (I just want to hear the tracks made with Michael, I'm not keen on auto-tune).

With all due respect guys, we have absolutly no idea when a new album is being released. No matter what "insiders" say.

To be honest, I'm not keen on any of the producers in the poll - what I'd really like is some guest producers to rework these demos and unreleased tracks (if we could hear the originals too!). I'm thinking of Rick Rubin and Mark Ronson, who did some excellent work on Rufus Wainwright's last album. I think he can bring some 70s funk and soul back to Michael's music, plus live instrumentation and a real focus on the vocals. His work with Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings is excellent, and, of course, with Amy and the Version album he did. He also knew Michael as a kid. Is there any chance, Estate?!

With all due respect guys, we have absolutly no idea when a new album is being released. No matter what "insiders" say.

That's true. Not everyone will believe what unknowns say, and that's understandable. The only thing that can pretty much be confirmed is that an album IS due for release this year. I remember reading that after Bad 25 there would be a second chapter to Michael released.

That's true. Not everyone will believe what unknowns say, and that's understandable. The only thing that can pretty much be confirmed is that an album IS due for release this year. I remember reading that after Bad 25 there would be a second chapter to Michael released.

The new album must be released in this spring, I can't wait so much, like Bad 25.
However, 2013 is a prolific year for music industry.

there are tons of unreleased songs! enough to make easily 10-15 more albums.
it bothers me when fans say things like "there's not that much unreleased material." because there is.
we know for a fact that there where around 40 songs worked on during the HIStory album,and that Michael Recorded an estimated 100 songs for the dangerous album(in various states of completion) and you also need to remember what a "completed" track is to mj, he was a perfectionist. Best of Joy is not "complete" but it is still absolutely beautiful.

i posted a list of 192 unreleased song titles on here a while back, this list was well researched and took a very long time to create.
and those are just tracks we know about, and this doesn't count demos, alternate versions, early versions, etc... this is why i get so aggravated with the estate, its because i know they could easily put out a 15 track album a year for the next 7 years.

there are tons of unreleased songs! enough to make easily 10-15 more albums.
it bothers me when fans say things like "there's not that much unreleased material." because there is.
we know for a fact that there where around 40 songs worked on during the HIStory album,and that Michael Recorded an estimated 100 songs for the dangerous album(in various states of completion) and you also need to remember what a "completed" track is to mj, he was a perfectionist. Best of Joy is not "complete" but it is still absolutely beautiful.

i posted a list of 192 unreleased song titles on here a while back, this list was well researched and took a very long time to create.
and those are just tracks we know about, and this doesn't count demos, alternate versions, early versions, etc... this is why i get so aggravated with the estate, its because i know they could easily put out a 15 track album a year for the next 7 years.

You're aiming high, but you need to read exactly what you wrote. "In various states of completion." That means that, as far as we know, only 30 of the 100 tracks recorded for Dangerous could be complete enough for release. Just like by Michael's death in 2009 he had recorded and conceptualized over 100 songs between 2002-2009, but a vast majority of them were never recorded/have incomplete vocals. The only songs I can be sure of are the songs registered with the US Copyright Office; songs that were registered as "sound cassettes" are in the Estate's possession and can be used for new albums. As far as hearsay, unless the producers themselves say what songs they can and can't release (or if a LUCKY fan who got to hear the full track spoke out), we can't make a definite judgement on anything.

There might be sth for the resident show of Immortal in Las Vegas but no album is on the schedule for this year.

Also note that it is my understanding that on the day of Michael's tragic passing Jackson family members took hard drives with music Michael worked on and Jacksons have publicly attacked The Michael Jackson Estate, so an unknown part of his final work remains unavailable since Jacksons have no legal right to use the music and the estate certainly won't pay them for what they pouched.

Back