Forever Dangerous - Honoring the Legacy of Michael Jackson By Jennifer Batten

<figure style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font: inherit;">

</figure>

<figure style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font: inherit;">
18e3868887191f487fe101896d2a8e96_large.jpg
</figure>
Forever Dangerous is my personal homage to the King of Pop. It is a live Michael Jackson concert experience that is much more than a typical “tribute” as it is based on my real life and time on the road as lead guitarist for Michael Jackson’s Bad, Dangerous and HIStory world tours and 1993 Super Bowl XXVII halftime show.
9a349e7d26f688d28504aadc72e16a25_large.jpg
</figure>
THE GOAL is to independently raise funds to allow us to create a show that delivers a world-class Michael Jackson concert experience complete with state-of-the-art visual effects and production.
For the past year, my creative team and I have been carefully arranging the music and developing the choreography. We realize, however, it is equally important for the stage production and visual effects to be just as impressive. Rather than settling for less than completely amazing, we are seeking funds to develop incredible lighting and multimedia stage design for the show.
5ef7717d16cdbbf3d168ac80a0b8e131_large.jpg
</figure>
For this reason we have launched a crowd-funding campaign on Kickstarter and our own Forever Dangerous website. My hope is that Michael's fans around the world have faith in me to make Forever Dangerous a show we can all be proud of that will truly honor his amazing legacy.
33128297e741010dcf0be5719f5df9eb_large.jpg
</figure>
As we have developed Forever Dangerous over the past year, we have received such overwhelming interest that we made the decision to widen the scope of the show to the level of a full touring production complete with state of the art sound, lighting and special effects.
To help realize this dream we have joined forces with renowned lighting/production designer Marc Brickman. Marc is a legend in the industry and has designed amazing shows for the likes of Paul McCartney, Cirque Du Soleil and Pink Floyd. His extensive knowledge and experience will enable us to create a state-of-the-art special effects and multimedia stage design that the show deserves and the fans expect.
The associated costs to achieve this level of production requires us to secure additional funding. Instead of seeking traditional entertainment industry backing that I believe would compromise the creative control and overall integrity of the show, we have instead opted to come directly to the fans.
Please join me to help make Forever Dangerous everything it can and should be. You will see that we have created some fantastic rewards available exclusively for everyone who pledges. And I assure you every penny we raise on Kickstarter and through our own site will be used solely for the purpose of achieving these goals and realizing my vision for Forever Dangerous.
5cdb0bbdb92edf2602044dcc7e192f9a_large.jpg
</figure>
My vision is that Forever Dangerous will take the audience back in time on a journey to experience the magic of Michael Jackson through my eyes and memories. I am creating this show for all of Michael Jackson's fans, especially those who never had the opportunity to see Michael perform live.
Forever Dangerous recreates extraordinary moments of some of the most exciting live concerts in history. We achieve a level of realism and authenticity unlike anything else in part due to my personal firsthand knowledge from touring with Michael Jackson for a decade.
57d0a56d17700ea21003bc70ffb6a22c_large.jpg
</figure>
I believe audiences will find Forever Dangerous very impressive for a number of reasons. First of all, our cast, crew and band are fantastic and the amazing look and talent of Carlo Riley as Michael Jackson is simply unmatched.
We have also developed many original elements that I feel make the show particularly exciting. In addition to Michael's classic arrangements, we are incorporating new interpretations of some of the music and choreography. For example, we have created original mash-ups of songs and taken live versions of others and added original twists that the fans will really appreciate.
I am also approaching some of the music from a more guitar-centric place while still maintaining the integrity of Michael’s incredible work. As a guitarist, adding this dynamic is especially appealing to me and something that I think really makes Forever Dangerous unique.

Forever Dangerous is the real deal. It is the show I believe Michael Jackson fans all around the world have been patiently waiting for and I cannot wait to share it with them.

b88f336cc75a418a51546aa0688bcfee_large.jpg
</figure>
4c4aae558b1a163d4122ea6a90e76aae_large.jpg
</figure>
fe0bbb8de2b7410d1b0400b5072390ab_large.jpg
</figure>
<figure style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font: inherit;"></figure>
In 1987 Jennifer Batten was selected from over one hundred guitarists for Michael Jackson's "Bad" Tour to play lead guitar in the highly skilled band which toured the world for one and a half years playing for over four and a half million people.
After the” Bad” Tour', she began work on her own album "Above, Below, and Beyond” with renown producer (and Stevie Wonder guitarist) Michael Sembello.
In the spring of '92, she again joined Michael Jackson for his "Dangerous Tour" and 1993 Superbowl XXVII's half time show which aired to one and half billion people in 80 nations. It was the largest audience in television history.
Jennifer completed her second solo record "Jennifer Batten's Tribal Rage~Momentum," and was again asked to join Michael Jackson for his 2 year world tour supporting his double album "HIStory" in 1997.
In 1998 guitar legend Jeff Beck invited Jennifer to join his band. They joined forces for 3 years on the CD’s "Who Else", and “You Had It Coming” which were both supported by world tours.
Jennifer has authored two music books and has recently released her third solo CD/DVD entitled “Whatever”.
e33e19e22961678f58dd66d12caba1c2_large.jpg
</figure>
0d43af9f314991af5a9cc631a0883fd8_large.jpg
</figure>
Carlo has been featured on various entertainment programs including Japan’s Nippon Network as well as being interviewed on television news networks around the world. He has performed solo as Michael Jackson in many countries including Germany, China, Turkey, Japan, Canada and Mexico.
Carlo appeared on stage with Rev. Jesse Jackson at the Jackson family home during the official Michael Jackson Birthday celebration in Gary, Indiana in 2012.

<figure style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font: inherit; display: inline !important;">
ee265ff5044d9798fcf31599736a68e8_large.jpg
</figure>
Visual design can best be described as a spatial art that defines architecture as sculpting, reveling the form by painting with light and video image. As a visual designer/director, Marc Brickman uses energy technologies as translators of form and space.
Marc is a world renowned visual designer/director whose work and profile have been featured in publications and broadcasts including the New York Times (Arts Feature Story, Sunday edition), the television program, 48 Hours and others. Recognized as a cutting edge creative force and innovator in the industry, Brickman's awards and accolades include Emmy Awards and Cable Ace Award nominations for production design and best director.
His work with Pink Floyd is legendary having been viewed by millions worldwide. Other projects include: the worldwide expansion of The Blue Man Group, the Keith Urban Tour from 2007 through 2010, Cirque Du Soleil "Viva Elvis," The Black Eyed Peas Tour from 2004 through 2010 and the Lady Antebellum.
65e37d5301d3dd76ab2766a4a0fd9f2c_large.jpg
</figure>
<figure style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font: inherit;"></figure>
Chris Fischer's love of music began in San Francisco. Growing up in the Bay Area and listening to San Francisco's legendary bands, his passion for music and performing was hard to miss. At the early age of 16, he began organizing and producing successful local shows complete with custom staging and multiple acts. His name and successful events became popular among local bands and fans.
In 1991 he relocated to Boulder, Colorado to study at the University of Colorado. After graduating with a degree in music he was fortunate to hone his skills playing and touring with legendary Chicago drummer and co-founder Danny Seraphine from 1996-1998. It was his tenure with Seraphine that helped propel his professional music career.
In 1998 he founded Funkiphino (Funk-If-I-Know). The highly successful band, now in its 14th year, is a consistent top draw in the Rocky Mountain Region and can been seen performing regularly at music festivals, society events, fundraisers and venues.
In 2006, while Chris was producing an independent recording project he was introduced to Jennifer Batten. He immediately recognized her passion for music, incredible musicianship, and outstanding work ethic. As a result, the two became friends and he began booking appearances and performing with Jennifer several times a year.
In 2007 and 2011 Chris and Funkiphino were featured in Mix Magazine and Keyboard Magazine. Keyboard editor, Stephen Fortner's two-page story recognized the significant role Fischer had in the design and implementation of the band's state-of-the-art sound system complete with remote mixing capabilities.
Chris' entrepreneurial spirit and love of music are constantly interlaced. As owner and president of Boomerang Enterprises, Inc., he's led the company to successful relationships with Ford, General Motors, Land Rover and Chrysler.
9dd47dd239e72d703d3506257a479e32_large.jpg
</figure>
2a768baecefa9bea555d5815ae9eddca_large.jpg
</figure>
b7571a215e292d366bf1a1eb201e555b_large.jpg
</figure>
REWARD DETAILS - We are creating a special “I Am Forever Dangerous” section of our website to recognize all of the Forever Dangerous backers. We will show our appreciation for everyone who pledges at any level by including their names on the webpage and in the official show program. We have also created some exciting limited edition “I Am Forever Dangerous” merchandise as rewards that will be available exclusively to our cast, crew and you, our crowdfunding supporters.
97ab89c5c6efb2f4397331d5cf1fa276_large.jpg
</figure>
<figure style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font: inherit;">For all the Rewards visit - The Kick Starter Page</figure>
“Jennifer Batten’s Forever Dangerous” is a tribute production of BFR Entertainment, Inc and is not endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with the Michael Jackson Estate or the Jackson Family Foundation.

[h=3]RISKS AND CHALLENGES[/h]Our goal is to produce a full production, touring theatrical tribute show that honors the legacy of Michael Jackson. Depending on the funding levels reached, we may have to limit the scope of the stage and multimedia production for our initial launch. That being said, our creative team consists of experienced and successful entertainment industry professionals that have consistently been involved in many other successful projects. Even with our very limited self-funding we have already completed much of the work which is reflected in our pre-production footage and on our website. While every project includes unforeseen risks and challenges, we are confident we will be able to deliver an amazing show.

MJJCommunity has always loved and respected Jennifer Batten, she was always that true and loyal friend to Michael which was clear in him asking her time and time again to go on the road with him or perform,

Today MJJCommunity is proud to endorse and support this event as we know it will pay true homage to Michael and his legacy,

We understand there may be some who might not agree or may quickly jump to conclusions as with many of the projects since Michael's passing but we feel this deserves every chance we the fans can.

Please we ask you to be factual and respectful in your responses to this thread, as part of our campaign we will be holding a Exclusive MJJC Q&A with both Jennifer and Chris who will be answering many questions from the show your concerns and of course Jennifers time with Michael.

We assure you this is no Michael Forever Tribute Concert.

For all your information please visit any of the below.

Kickstarter -
http://kck.st/13Nh9hn
Website - www.ForeverDangerous.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/foreverdangerous
Twitter - www.twitter.com/4everdangerous

Jennifer is a true professional, and I look forward to learning more about this endeavor.

To help realize this dream we have joined forces with renowned lighting/production designer Marc Brickman. Marc is a legend in the industry and has designed amazing shows for the likes of Paul McCartney, Cirque Du Soleil and Pink Floyd. His extensive knowledge and experience will enable us to create a state-of-the-art special effects and multimedia stage design that the show deserves and the fans expect.

The associated costs to achieve this level of production requires us to secure additional funding. Instead of seeking traditional entertainment industry backing that I believe would compromise the creative control and overall integrity of the show, we have instead opted to come directly to the fans.

Please join me to help make Forever Dangerous everything it can and should be. You will see that we have created some fantastic rewards available exclusively for everyone who pledges. And I assure you every penny we raise on Kickstarter and through our own site will be used solely for the purpose of achieving these goals and realizing my vision for Forever Dangerous.

It looks like this will be an awesome stage production if they can get the backing from the fans and if Carlo Riley can deliver the goods. I know Jennifer Batten can. I have donated to this project and will donate more if I know they will be coming to the Detroit area so I can at least see the show live.

I have nothing but respect towards Jennifer, and if I win a lotto tonight I promise to support this show :praying

I have to say i don`t like the advertising picture with the impressonator. The show will be nothing for me. But this is just my opinion.
I`m really glad that the Cirque-show has no impressonator.

I personally don't like impersonator especially when they try to look like Michael with wigs, make up and some even with plastic surgery. I don't know about Carlo Riley so I won't judge. I think the show would be better without impersonator. Then I would be interested. :)

I know not everyone is interested in seeing MJ impersonators or tribute artists perform. I will be honest and say seeing them up close and personal is creepy to me. Off stage I dont care for it. But watching them perform on stage. It is a different experience, very entertaining and even exciting to watch. Maybe if you understand it is to pay homage and as a tribute to Michael not to replace him. Even Michael had his favorites and was honored that he was emulated. It is an honorable profession if they represent MJ with dignity and professionalism. It's not every ones cup of tea But it does give many fans who have never seen MJ perform a live concert experience. Its certainly not disrespectful for artists and musicians to want to tribute or pay homage to him in this way. There are many fans who will enjoy the live experience.

If it's going to be done I would like to see it done right. I believe they want to make it the best it can be production wise so it truly honors Michael, that's why they are reaching out to the fans. That also ensures they will make every effort to deliver the best show possible. I like the packages they offer. They are trying to make it fun and interactive for the fans to be involved. No donation is to small. You can donate One dollar. If you cant donate you can help by getting the word out to those who can.

I respect Jennifer and I wish her well.

That being said, I don't think she should be depending on the fans to "finance" this project. Her vision sounds wonderful, and will need a massive chunck of capital in order for her to attain said vision.

She claims that she does not want the "traditional entertainment industry backing," but in my opinion, in order to do things on a professional level, that's exactly what she's gonna need, i.e. industry backing.

The fans interested in seeing this type of production would certainly be out there to support it, but being responsible for the production cost, I just don't see that happening.

P.S. At this point, I'm not sure how I feel about the impersonator. I'm on the fence.

Guys, I am asking you to not assume things, the amount they are trying to raise is only a small proportion of what is needed and does not necessarily need to come from or be funded by the fans but more so the public in general of course fans to, I know many things about this production to which many of the people involved have stumped up large amounts of money and time to get this going.

We will be having a Q&A soon which will enable to us to put forth everything that is a concern or that we need clarification on/would like to see and hear.

I the mean time I ask you all to be respectful and constructive in your feedback, lets not forget Carlo is a person here with feelings and although you might not feel an impersonator is to your liking it is to some.

Thanks for listening.

Wow this seems genuinely intriguing... Jennifer has always had michaels legacy first and foremost on her mind so i will be supporting her with this. no one could ever deny the chemistry between them online. seeing dirty diana in proper quality for the first time last year only solidified this. thanks jennifer

I am hoping people/I can see it as a DVD. I would love to be able to see this but the odds of it coming to a "city nearby" might be minimal. I don't mind watching an impersonator as long as MJ is portrayed well. Without an impersonator, I wouldn't be interesting in just watching a band and back up singers. I haven't heard anything more about it, so I guess we just wait and see.

How is this thing coming along?

If she puts up some items with herself & Michael (with estate approval) I will buy some of the products.

Don't forget we have a Question and Answer Thread for Jennifer and Chris _ So please if you have any questions submit them. It doesn't have to be about the show, you can also ask questions about Michael or Jennifer's work with him if you want.

MJJC Exclusive Q&A with Jennifer Batten and Chris Fischer - Submit your questions

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...and-Chris-Fischer-Submit-your-questions/page2

Thank you Qbee. The thread is closed. Are we no longer able to submit questions?

If I'm honest, for some reason this rubs me up the wrong way. I respect Jennifer Batten as an artist, she's fantastic, but this just feels a little . . . tacky? I don't know. It just feels like another person associated with Michael somehow cashing in/or lifting their status on his name, instead of focusing on their own endeavors :unsure:

If I'm honest, for some reason this rubs me up the wrong way. I respect Jennifer Batten as an artist, she's fantastic, but this just feels a little . . . tacky? I don't know. It just feels like another person associated with Michael somehow cashing in/or lifting their status on his name, instead of focusing on their own endeavors :unsure:

Well that's a judgement based on someone who clearly is not aware of why and what the reasons are for them doing this,

Why are we all to quick to jump to conclusions when we in reality know nothing, how about we do as Michael once said and do not judge someone until we have walked a million moons in his moccasins in other words heard the answers to our Q&A.

Well that's a judgement based on someone who clearly is not aware of why and what the reasons are for them doing this,

Why are we all to quick to jump to conclusions when we in reality know nothing, how about we do as Michael once said and do not judge someone until we have walked a million moons in his moccasins in other words heard the answers to our Q&A.

I respect what you're saying, Gaz. I watched the videos and read the documentation for this production. I think I have a grasp on what the said motivation behind the project is. But still, somehow I can't warm to the idea. I suppose having any opinion is somewhat judgmental by it's very nature, but just because I've formed a different one does not mean I'm blind to the facts.

Really looking forward to the q and a. Hope some of my questions are asked but even if they aren't I saw loads of fantastic questions. Jennifer played a massive role in Michael's stage career for all of us. She is one of my first memories Thanks to her appearance in moonwalker

It doesn't look like it is going to reach its goal. 56 hours to go and $37,298 pledged of $60,000 goal.

I received an email that this has been cancelled. I am very sorry to hear this. People have differing opinions on this, but regardless on how anyone feels, it's sad that this isn't happening.

Exactly my thoughts.

I really like Jennifer..but I think her shows with MJ can never ever be replicated or duplicated..sometimes they have to be left where they are..in memories.

Back