Today in Michael Jackson History February 3rd

qbee

Proud Member

Today in Michael Jackson History February 3rd

HISTORICAL DATES

1974 "Dancing Machine" from the Jackson 5 1973 album G.I.T. "Get It Together" was released. It reached #2 on the Billboard pop music charts and #1 on the R&B charts.

1974 - The Jackson Five perform their 3rd and final concert at Sorano National Theatre in Dakar, Senegal, Africa

1979 - Soul Train Celebrates the Jackson's 10th anniversary in the music business, The Jackson's perform 'Shake Your Body, 'Things I Do For You' and, Michael performed 'Push Me Away'.

1990 - Michael Jackson is offered the "Role Model Award" from Japan. He accepts the award via satellite.

1992 - Michael held a press conference at Radio City Music Hall in New York to announce plans for his Dangerous world tour to raise money for his newly-formed "Heal The World" Foundation. Dressed in black leather and a red armband, Michael joined Peter Kendall, vice president for Pepsi-Cola Int. in announcing the $20 million deal, which was the largest ever between a corporation and a music entertainer. He announced the creation of "Heal The World Foundation", and it's mission to assist children causes worldwide, as well as to convey awareness on children’s rights and necessities, improving their standards of life.

Michael issues a statement to thank the sponsor of this new tour, the Pepsi-Cola Corporation and to explain his mission:
"Good afternoon. I like to thank the Pepsi-Cola Corporation for sponsoring the Dangerous Tour, which we plan to kick off in June. The only reason I’m going on tour is to raise for the newly formed, Heal The World, an international children’s charity, that I’m spearheading to assist children and the ecology. My goal is to gross one hundred million dollars by Christmas, 1993. I urge every corporation and individual who cares about this planet and the future of the children, to help raise money for the HTW charity. The Heal The World Foundation will contribute funds to pediatric aids in honor of my friend, Ryan White.

The "Heal The World Foundation" will also offer support to such worthwhile organizations as Camp Ronald McDonald, Make A Wish Foundation, Children Diabetes, Minority Aids Foundation and other charities. I’m looking forward to this tour, because it will allow me to devote time to visiting children all around the world, as well as to spread the message of the global love, in the hopes that others too will be moved to do their share to heal the world. Thank you for coming. I love you very much. Thank you, all."

1994 – Michael Jackson is on the Cover of Bravo Magazine (Germany). The inner article is entitled: “Michael: Die Alptraum ist vorbei!” –The nightmare is gone

2003 - The 90-minute "Living With Michael Jackson" documentary by British journalist, Martin Bashir first airs in the United Kingdom on ITV. Michael was interviewed over a span of eight months, from May, 2002 to January, 2003, the documentary containing a lot of negative narrative and commentary by Bashir, which was considered very critical and judgmental. However, most of the viewers did not believe his narrative portrayed the content fairly... after the interview viewers all around the world expressed their support for Michael. The interview was a rare occasion for Michael Jackson to allow such access to his personal life, thus he felt all the more betrayed by Bashir’s negative portrayal of him. The interview will soon air around the world... and a storm begins.

2006 - Michael, Grace & the kids leave Florence and go in the Neapolitan Riviera resort of Sorrento where they stay in The Villa Savarese.

2007 - Michael attends Cirque du Soleil's Beatles Love musical, and meet the cast backstage at The Mirage in Las Vegas.

PICTURE OF THE DAY

j0d3xh.jpg

SONG OF THE DAY

Push Me Away - Michael Jackson Soul Train 1979

[video=youtube_share;kUfrZK_pau4]http://youtu.be/kUfrZK_pau4[/video]
http://youtu.be/kUfrZK_pau4

VIDEOS OF THE DAY

Michael Jackson Pepsi Conference 1992

[video=youtube_share;2vfVjqtdsWU]http://youtu.be/2vfVjqtdsWU[/video]
http://youtu.be/2vfVjqtdsWU

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I’m looking forward to this tour, because it will allow me to devote time
to visiting children all around the world, as well as to spread the message
of the global love, in the hopes that others too will be moved to do their
share to heal the world. Thank you for coming. I love you very much.

Thank you, all."

~ Michael Jackson

* You might also enjoy
February ~ On This Day In Michael Jackson History - MJ Calendar 2013 in Legacy Project

* Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread
by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History.

So cute, ever time Michael introduced a song in his teens he says "one of my favorites." I guess he likes them all.

Anyone finds "Push Me Away" sounds a little like Heal the World.

Qbee for a moment there I thought that Pepsi can was the one we have been searching for from the Bad 25 campaign. After a careful look it seems Michael is standing in front of the can.

Back