Stage-Icons: 30 Greatest Pop-Entertainers of all time

Annita

Proud Member
http://thelavalizard.com/2013/02/30-greatest-entertainers/

1. Michael Jackson

Ranking Michael Jackson at #1 on this list was one of the most difficult tasks because of the massive influence that Brown had on him. Yet, when challenged to justify his position, I managed to break the tie with the following point: Jackson took everything that he learned from Brown and created a style of his own without copying his predecessor. In essence, he stood on the shoulders of a giant and reached new heights.

Jackson could sing, dance and cause people to pass out with just a look. He was the embodiment of greatness and a true visionary. Many claim that Chris Brown is the next Jackson but has yet to bring anything new to the music scene. Beyonce also asserts a similar title but her steps and stage productions are weak imitations of Jackson’s work. Really, there is no competition for the King of Pop’s throne.

Watch Jackson perform at the 1988 Grammy Awards below to see his greatness in motion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i3wiArrI-80

... many claimed that Usher, Justin Timbelake.... were the new, next Michael Jackson.... and ... where are they now?
They have absolutely NO worldwide fan bases, no worldwide media coverage, no (worldwide) cultural or any music impact on generations..., oh, and Beyonce....? Are they serious?

Michael should be on the top of every list....no one compares to him....NOBODY!! He will be missed forever!!!!

Mentioning Chris Brown, Usher and Beyonce in the same sentence as Michael Jackson is an insult of epic proportions.

Don't forget justin bieber, on his facebook page in bold letter king of pop justin bieber. what a joke.

"cause people to pass out with just a look"

:clapping:

"Many claim that Chris Brown is the next Jackson but has yet to bring anything new to the music scene"
There are more claims for next MJ than Chris Brown. I agree with above sentence. They can try all they like, but they have to prove their worth, and none of them has brought anything new to the music scene. They have to work hard to earn their own title.

Don't forget justin bieber, on his facebook page in bold letter king of pop justin bieber. what a joke.
I checked his face book and saw no sign of such a claim?

"Ranking Michael Jackson at #1 on this list was one of the most difficult tasks because of the massive influence that Brown had on him. Yet, when challenged to justify his position..."

^Seriously?!! Seems the author of this ranking didn't see a difficulty placing the other singers at their spots. They were ALL influenced by Michael, yet haven't addeded anything new to their style, or have they?!

Annita;3773238 said:
1. Michael Jackson

Ranking Michael Jackson at #1 on this list was one of the most difficult tasks because of the massive influence that Brown had on him. Yet, when challenged to justify his position, I managed to break the tie with the following point: Jackson took everything that he learned from Brown and created a style of his own without copying his predecessor. In essence, he stood on the shoulders of a giant and reached new heights.

Jackson could sing, dance and cause people to pass out with just a look. He was the embodiment of greatness and a true visionary. Many claim that Chris Brown is the next Jackson but has yet to bring anything new to the music scene. Beyonce also asserts a similar title but her steps and stage productions are weak imitations of Jackson’s work. Really, there is no competition for the King of Pop’s throne.

Watch Jackson perform at the 1988 Grammy Awards below to see his greatness in motion:
It's as Michael said: Study the greats and become greater. He was never a copycat. Michael was truly unique and amazing!

Michael is the greatest popentertainer, but it seems they are not sure about female
I’m only going to say this once: Janet Jackson is the best female entertainer to touch the stage during last thirty years. Her presence is unmatched and although many have copied her routines, her dancing remains the standard.
Janet is number 6, but Bette Midler is number 5 and Tina Turner 3.
About Tina Turner
Tina Tuner is the greatest female performer of our time. She is the blueprint from which Beyonce, Janet Jackson and Mick Jagger all drew inspiration, and she is still imitated by even younger acts today.

Janet is the best female entertainer but Tina Turner is greatest?

Bette Midler and Mick Jagger
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D4R9FiKE0Tk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That&#8217;s great! Btw, there&#8217;s also a poll at the source &#8211; Michael has a huge lead but it never hurts to vote. :)

It´s not my opinion that Janet is best.it´s what the article said

MIST;3775285 said:
It´s not my opinion that Janet is best.it´s what the article said

he said she's the best within the last 30 years so I'm taking since the 80's

Back