Today in Michael Jackson History February 6th

qbee

Proud Member

Today in Michael Jackson History February 6th

HISTORICAL DATES

1970 - The Jackson 5 are on top of Billboard Number One Hits Chart with "I Want You Back". The song, along with a b-side cover of Smokey Robinson & the Miracles' "Who's Lovin' You", was the only single from the first Jackson 5 album, Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5. It has sold 6 million copies worldwide. In 1999, "I Want You Back" was also inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.

1971 - "Mama's Pearl" by The Jackson 5 enters the Billboard US Top 40 Singles chart, where it will peak at No 2.

1975 - The Jackson 5 performed in concert at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

1979 - The Jacksons preform the first of four nights of the Destiny World Tour at The Rainbow, in London (UK).

1984 - Jet magazine features Michael & Emmanuel Lewis on their cover with the story Michael Jackson, Emmanuel Lewis: Singer shares his success with those who inspire him

2003 - USA ABC's "20/20" aired the British documentary "Living With Michael Jackson." It was released a few days prior in the UK. Michael's lawyers send complaints to the Independent Television Commission and the Broadcasting Standards Commission, claiming he has been "unfairly treated" by the Martin Bashir program, and that it was an infringement of his privacy and the privacy of his children. Michael adds that he had not, as promised, been given the chance to view the program before it was broadcast. Michael released the following statement:

"I trusted Martin Bashir to come into my life and that of my family because I wanted the truth to be told.

Martin Bashir, persuaded me to trust him that his would be an honest and fair portrayal of my life and told me that he was 'the man that turned Diana's life around.' I am heartbroken that someone who I treated as a friend could stoop so low.

Today I feel more betrayed than perhaps ever before; that someone, who had got to know my children, my staff and me, whom I let into my heart and told the truth, could then sacrifice the trust I placed in him and produce this terrible and unfair program.

It breaks my heart that anyone could truly believe that I would do anything to harm or endanger my children: they are the most important thing in my life.
Everyone who knows me will know the truth which is that my children come first in my life and that I would never harm any child."

PICTURE OF THE DAY

qzrk34.jpg

Michael Jackson & Emmanuel Lewis on the cover of JET Mag. 1984

SONG OF THE DAY

Who's Loving You :heart: B side of "I want you Back" single 1970

http://youtu.be/L5OI-X-kmDk

VIDEO OF THE DAY

Michael Jackson - Bashir Documentary footage you were never meant to see

http://youtu.be/M42nRDq4tAQ

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Don't nobody have the blues like I have 'em;
I may be young, but I know what it's all about!"

~ Michael Jackson

* You might also enjoy February ~ On This Day In Michael Jackson History - MJ Calendar 2013 in Legacy Project

* Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread
by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History.

Qbee what did the commission respond, do you know?

I would like to ask ABC if they could sell the rebuttal episode.

Can you put back the video for me? It disappeared.

Last edited:
Bashir :tonofbricks

I too would like to know how Independent Television Commission and the Broadcasting Standards Commission replied?

^^At the end of the video the commentator said Granada TV said it was a non-biased portrayal of Michael, and they stand behind Bashir. The magazines, tv, newspaper exec always support the reporters side anyway.

2003 - USA ABC's "20/20" aired the British documentary "Living With Michael Jackson." It was released a few days prior in the UK. Michael's lawyers send complaints to the Independent Television Commission and the Broadcasting Standards Commission, claiming he has been "unfairly treated" by the Martin Bashir program, and that it was an infringement of his privacy and the privacy of his children. Michael adds that he had not, as promised, been given the chance to view the program before it was broadcast. Michael released the following statement:

:cry:
Bashir :mat:

How could they get away with not letting him view the final product, if it was part of the agreement--unless that part was not in writing? The thing that grieves me is that Bashir got away with it all.

How could they get away with not letting him view the final product, if it was part of the agreement--unless that part was not in writing? The thing that grieves me is that Bashir got away with it all.

He didn't get away with it, he got brain tumour. I cannot say I'm sorry to hear it.

^^Yes I heard about the brain tumor, but I wanted some mortal or organization to do something about breaking the contract--unless Michael never signed anything? If it was michael, he would be sued & would have to pay out some money.

Does Bashir still work on ABC?

Back