very touching story about TII

4veryoung

Proud Member
I just came across this story on reddit (although its really familiar, somehow read it somewhere in 2009)....very heart warming, just got emotional♥

(bluepinkmuffin)

My friend had this middle aged woman who kept coming in to see This Is It while it was playing. She would be there at almost every showing during the week. So my friend finally went up and asked her if she was a big fan or what.
Turns out, she had a brain tumor and it wasn’t operable and her doctor had told her that she would likely be blind by the end of that year. So my friend asked her about her relationship with MJ, and she was like, "I'm so glad you asked! You must all think I’m nuts for coming in to see this film everyday. I'm not just here to see him perform, it's because I met him and I miss him."
Basically, she said she was a single mother with five children in the late 80s/90s and Michael was her favorite musician. She'd written him a fan letter telling him how much she loved him and explained how much he had helped her feel better even though she wasn't getting better. She would randomly write him and update him on how she was doing, her family, just like having someone to talk to even if he didn't respond, and then a few months later she received a letter back from MJ basically saying how much he appreciated her writing/loved her too/and how his thoughts were with her. Then about another 6 months later she received a call from the Jackson camp asking her permission for a visit from Michael. Obviously she said yes, and about a week later she was washing dishes at her home when there was knocking at her door. It startled her and she ran to the front door, and it was Michael asking her to let him in quickly before anyone could see him. They sat and talked for a bit and then there was another knock at the door and it was a delivery guy with a new fridge and groceries for this woman, that MJ had randomly bought for her beforehand. This woman was basically in tears thanking him at this point (and talking about it again), and she would always send him messages and occasionally hear back from him after that.
So this woman explained she was likely going to be blind by the end of the year, but before she did, she wanted to memorize him as he was so she could remember him always because of how much he'd meant to her and her family.
True story. So what may seem crazy to others, may be less crazy in reality. You never know what stories people have.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/rl8b8/these_two_come_into_china_buffet_everyday_and_set/

Last edited:
I know MJ continues to pray for God's blessings for this precious lady.
I love this story.
Thanks for sharing. :give_heart:

Oh yeah..that Michael Jackson..overspending, and lived extravagant, getting into massive debt...(sarcasm)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's just one reason why I can't watch the Grammys without Michael. The music just screams that there is something special about the musician. The person.

Last edited:
I am sure that we will hear many, many more of these beautiful stories about how Michael reached out to so many people in need in the future. I just wish these stories would be circulated in mainstream media and not on little blogs etc., but I guess mainstream media is rather reluctant to portray Michael as he really, truly was - a caring and generous man who wasn't afraid to reach out to strangers.

Woah, if this is true... I almost never have words to describe how amazing Michael was. He was in a whole other league.

I want stories like this in my wish MJ documentary, told by people he helped.

Oh my gosh. Such a sweet and touching story. Michael was a phenomenal human being. I don't care what anybody says about him. He had a true heart of gold and there aren't enough people out there like him. If we filled the world with a bunch of Michael Jacksons, the world would truly be healed like he wanted. Rest easy, beautiful man. :heart: I'm sure he continues to watch over this dear woman with his love.

This is SO Beautiful..Thank You So much for sharing this. It continues to show the love that Michael had for his fellow man...the world would be such a beautiful place if everyone followed his lead and did stuff like this. I love you Michael

My goodness, what an absolutely BEAUTIFUL story. I'm so touched! He has/had a heart of gold and was so nice to help this woman in need. Thank you so much for sharing this!!

I'm sure this is completely true, it has Michael's trademark.. I'm so happy he did that for the woman but sad and touched she'll be losing her sight in the near future.. I HOPE and pray she can get through that with the help of her family & Michael's precious memories. :angel:

i've read that story before and have read many such similar touching stories from those who met him. :cry:
He's the kindest celebrity or should I say soul ever. I hope I have the chance to see him, someday:cry:

I hate admitting it but I get emotional whenever I read stories like this. Knowing what kind of a beautiful person Michael was, it just makes me wish he was with us still :'(

such a beautiful story!! brings tears to my eyes!:cry: MIchael was amazing and such a beautiful human being inside and out. he truly cared and had such real love in his heart. he was a true angel and i miss him dearly! R.I.P. Michael! I love you!!

Back