Taiwan fans keep Michael Jackson’s spirit alive

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Michael Jackson fans in Taiwan have formed a charitable association to carry on the spirit of the pop star’s philanthropy.
3222183171.jpg

Although the entertainer died in 2009, there are still more than 100 Jackson fan clubs in Taiwan. The new organization, which is registered with the Ministry of the Interior, has not officially launched yet, but already has 40-plus members, according to founding member Sophie Lin, lecturer at a local polytechnic institute. Members come from all walks of life, including university lecturers, housewives, publishing house employees, tea farmers and lawyers.

The idea behind the organization is to put Jackson’s humanitarian vision to “heal the world” into practice by organizing and participating in charitable social activities, Lin said.

Members have already lectured on environmental protection and recycling at orphanages in Hualien, Taichung and Tainan, as well as donating supplies. They also provided materials last summer for courses for underprivileged students at Zhongliao Elementary School in central Taiwan’s Nantou County.

Future plans include summer courses for children in remote areas, beach and forest cleanup activities, reading groups and the provision of humanitarian aid for disaster victims, the homeless and disadvantaged children.

“Michael’s sincerity and concern for others is what moves us,” fan Carrie P. Huang said. Jackson’s example motivated her to volunteer for World Vision Taiwan, she said, while another devotee learned to draw in order to create a children’s book with Jackson as the main character.
A group of fans also got together following Typhoon Morakot in 2009 to raise money for disaster relief in Jackson’s name, according to Huang.

Although Jackson is gone, his fans want to keep his concern for others, especially children, alive. (THN)

http://www.taiwantoday.tw/ct.asp?xItem=202023&ctNode=445

Beautiful.wonderful...
"There are worlds and worlds of ways to explain
To tell you how I feel
But I am speechless, speechless
That's how you make me feel "

Thank you for such a wonderful, lovely and inspiring news! May God bless Michael, who continues to inspire the world with his Light, and the fan family that continues to keep that light shining here on earth for all future generations to admire, honour and be inspired by!

Beloved Michael, you were always the most precious gift to this world from the heavens above, and now you are home...my heart is awaiting the day when we shall all be blessed to see you again, to live with you and rejoice with you forever ... we L.O.V.E you most...and miss you...until we meet again...

I especially liked this part Members come from all walks of life, including university lecturers, housewives, publishing house employees, tea farmers and lawyers.
It just shows that Michael's fans are diverse & from all walks in life. Well done Michael.

Back