Sheryl Crow talks about Michael

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/eve...Michael-Jacksons-backing-singer-Bad-tour.html

When were you last really happy?

Being Michael Jackson’s backing singer on his Bad tour from 1987 to 1989. I was in my mid-20s. I hadn’t released any records. I didn’t even own a passport when I landed the job. And there I was, travelling the world with the biggest pop star on the planet. Walking out in front of full stadiums every night was exhilarating enough. To be performing alongside Jackson was something else altogether. Seeing him dance a few feet away from me was an other-worldly experience. It was the happiest of times.

article-2544665-1AEF722100000578-245_634x415.jpg

1649c42291c0bc2d4d255b57077bc2df.jpg

1341752953.gif

she's a fraud.. back in the day she used to diss MJ and acted like she hated touring with him.

she's a fraud.. back in the day she used to diss MJ and acted like she hated touring with him.

This. I remember seeing her in an interview back in 2007/2008 and she was calling Michael a ''freak show'' but ever since Michael died she changed her tune about him.

This. I remember seeing her in an interview back in 2007/2008 and she was calling Michael a ''freak show'' but ever since Michael died she changed her tune about him.

Yep, I remember one of Michael's musicians said he was really hurt by her comments.

For him to have selected her was the opportunity of a lifetime and she turned on him as so many others. Shameful.

Yep! she's changing her tune because he's gone now... Sheryl is pulling another Lisa Marie Presley.. Bashing and mocking him when he was alive and now suddenly saying how high and happy he made her feel-_-

She'll on Graham Norton show on Friday. I wonder if she is going to mention MJ?

What a shame, don't know what you've got 'til it's gone... :no:

gerryevans;3955697 said:
Yep, I remember one of Michael's musicians said he was really hurt by her comments.
I think that was Bill Bottrell. He said that Michael had told him how hurt he was about Sheryl's words concerning the Bad Tour. She claimed that Michael didn't even know her name and that he was odd.
She has made ambiguous comments throughout the years. First she said how great he was and electrifying and how he had fun with the crew (that was an interview while they were still touring). Funny how later on she told Larry (King) how MJ invited her to his hotel room. Then she changed her tune and claimed he had been so distant and barely hung out with the crew. At first MJ's shows were "different, every audience was different, Michael was different, and it was fun to anticipate what was going to happen next", but later on she said the "show every single night was exactly the same, like it was a Broadway show, which was great and worked for him, but I couldn’t do that".

Whatever, Sheryl.

When it was "in" to bash Michael she said something along the lines of having learnt from Michael not to make the same mistakes as him.

She keeps changing her story all the time, though she has only said nice things about Michael after he passed away.

Sometimes this mix of admiration and resentment makes me wonder... I think Sheryl had the hots for Michael but he wasn't interested and let her down (look how well Tatiana took it... all these scorned women have talked rubbish afterwards).

I don’t know what to think of these people who said nasty things about Michael when it was cool to do that, and now are saying nice things when he’s no longer here to hear them.

I mean, it’s sucks that Sheryl said things about Michael that hurt him, and maybe weren’t even true, considering how much she contradicts herself. It’s just really unpleasant to kick somebody when they’re down, and to me that’s what it looks like when somebody mocks Michael when he was hated/ridiculed by pretty much the whole world.

But then, what is done is done, she can’t change what she said years ago. What she can do now is say nothing, keep saying negative things or say something nice. Saying something nice is easily the best option here, so I’m glad that she’s is doing that. Still not a fan of her, though.

Sunwalker7;3956388 said:
I don’t know what to think of these people who said nasty things about Michael when it was cool to do that, and now are saying nice things when he’s no longer here to hear them.

I mean, it’s sucks that Sheryl said things about Michael that hurt him, and maybe weren’t even true, considering how much she contradicts herself. It’s just really unpleasant to kick somebody when they’re down, and to me that’s what it looks like when somebody mocks Michael when he was hated/ridiculed by pretty much the whole world.

But then, what is done is done, she can’t change what she said years ago. What she can do now is say nothing, keep saying negative things or say something nice. Saying something nice is easily the best option here, so I’m glad that she’s is doing that. Still not a fan of her, though.

If she apologized for all the nasty things she said about Michael over the years then I may believe her niceness towards him now. What she says about Michael now is nice but I don't think it's genuine

Everyone is just stating their opinions here. I don't know why people have to be put down with comments like "ugh". If you don't agree with what being said that is fine and dandy.

Nice words about Michael are appreciated. Nice words about Michael when he was here would have been a lot better so that he could hear them himself instead what he did have to hear.

I remember when I hear she called Michael a "freak show" back then, I hated her for that and I even slammed her for being responsible that Lance Armstrong got cancer and now since Bad 25 I have a change of heart and my own tune about Sheryl when she did the same.

:shifty:

I have the hots for him :blushing: :fear: ... any woman would have the hots for him. :in_love: Michael was hot. He exuded sensuality. :naughty:

Sure, Sheryl Crow was ambitious and probably wanted badly to be with MJ for a number of reasons, but she was sleeping with then-married Greg Phillinganes (the Bad Tour keyboard player/band director), which they've both acknowledged. The affair led to the end of his marriage. Greg recently mentioned it again in a 2012 interview.

Interviewer: If they were making a movie of your life, what would be the scenes that everyone would be talking about the next day at the water cooler?
Greg: ..."Well, okay, more than likely, when I had to confess to my first wife that I was having an affair with Sheryl Crow. ...Yeah, that was during the BAD tour."

http://www.soulmusic.com/index.asp?S=80&T=105&ART=2484

Last edited:
^^ Now it all makes sense... no wonder he called her one of their 'special effects '

Anyway, I agree with those who said she's a fraud. Why shouldn't we say it? John Landis and Quincy Jones have been called out for being class A hypocrites and no one excuses their behavior because there's NO EXCUSE. None of the Bad tour band members have ever said nasty crap about Michael that I know of, but her. And on top of it he was still here to witness it. Just low. The rest of the band all loved and respected Michael and knew he gave them the chance of a lifetime, she apparently didn't get the memo... I don't believe she meant that at all.

she loved the attention during the tour, but when she saw that bad didn't launch her own carreer, she started playing a nasty toon...anyway from what I saw she didn't really relate to Michael during that period, she was cold, he was shy, no personal connection, so she can't say much about Michael...

she loved the attention during the tour, but when she saw that bad didn't launch her own carreer, she started playing a nasty toon...anyway from what I saw she didn't really relate to Michael during that period, she was cold, he was shy, no personal connection, so she can't say much about Michael...

ibjSdOb93Cfx4l.gif

No. She was a backup singer for that tour. She wasn't expecting to get a record deal on the spot for singing backup. You're really reaching on that one.
It would be a few years later when she would break big in her own right and has had a pretty damn good career.

And I like how you speak about their working relationship as if you were on tour with them. And by the way, it was just that: a working relationship. Y'all are acting like Michael was besties with everyone he toured with.

Doesn't she do the interview today with some UK talk show? If she talks about MJ, let's see what she says this time. She changes her opinion a lot

If you like her as a singer AtlasAir, that's another story. But defending her hypocritical and backstabbing actions/comments knowing Michael felt hurt is inexcusable and defending the indefensible. I couldn't care less about her career but she's a fraud as a character.

Y'all are acting like Michael was besties with everyone he toured with.

NO we aren't. I get it, you like her and from what I read you're always agreeing to disagree with a lot of rocky issues. She's a hypocrite, she backstabbed Michael, she didn't have to be 'besties' to show some respect or try to avoid being a damn sheep and kick him when he was down. MANY other people who toured with him have nothing but the nicest most sincere things to say about him and life on tour. Dancers, other backup singers, drummers, guitar players, EVERYONE all of that despite not being 'besties', because they weren't and we KNOW that wasn't the case because it didn't have to be for anyone to acknowledge Michael's character and soul...why the heck couldn't she?

If she had MAYBE just maybe we wouldn't be so harsh on her, but she didn't. Don't like it? too bad

Why don't you give us a VALID reason to see the good in this? if you have A VALID point, that is... other than liking her...

Last edited:
lol.
I'm not really a huge fan. She has a lot of good songs, but I'm not stanning for her here. It just trips me out when the angry mob thing happens.

Back