Best MJ Interview

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
What is your favourite MJ interview and why ?
Mine is Ebony Jet Magazine 1987.
This is my favourite because I love the BAD era and the album, and I like the interview MJ seems so alert and happy, the interview doesn't talk about bad press and I feel like you learn more about him, without him breaking down the wall, that kept him so mysterious.

I agree. The Ebony Jet interview is one of his best interviews. No dumbass reporter who tries to bash Michael in an interview like lil bitch Diane Sawyer or bottom bitch Barbara Walters.

These are my favorites

So relaxed in this on
[youtube]nWX0XcZIpe0[/youtube]

[youtube]rD6zF5SE0W4[/youtube]

I never read that Ebony Jet interview. But my number 1 favorite MJ interview is the Oprah Interview. I would never forget that day when I had first saw it on tv. I was 13 years old at the time. And I remember just being so extremely excited that I was going to get to see my first MJ interview that night. It was all that I could literally think about that day. My school work probably suffer because I had such a hard time concentrating on it. It was also my first time seeing Neverland. And I was instantly in L.O.V.E. with the place. And made me L.O.V.E. him even more than I already did at the time. It is the whole entire theater scene that really makes me L.O.V.E. that interview. Especially the Who Is It part. It is because of that interview is why I became so obsessed with that song.

I think my favorite would be the unauthorized interview from 1983. He was just being himself there, all sweet and innocent, no one asking him inappropriate questions. I like Michael being remembered that way.

I could literally spend hours listening to his voice and watching his mannerisms on interviews, I adore Michael but I wouldn't consider Oprah's interview one of the bests because 1. She wasn't willing to listen to him (when Michael talks about his vitiligo and alleged "plastic surgeries", all she said was "hmm, hmm hum".) and 2. She wasn't professional and asked him inappropriate questions. Michael wasn't the problem, I loved how he showed Neverland, his spontaneity at some moments, that hag is not a good interviewer.

I loved the getmusic interview as well. Also, to me, 2 of the best were the vh1 interview. I loved his honesty, his nervious laugh and the questions he chose to answer from the fans weren't stupid.

And the 1999 MTV interview. He looked so happy to talk about the creative process of his short films and OMJ, his crazy laughter, I adored it! :girl_love:

Last edited:
Oh yes yes the Ebony Jet 1987 interview is my fave! he looks gorgeous and was really happy and receptive. Just lovely :stars :Also the Molly Meldrum interview in Japan and the 1999 Mtv interview I think it was, not so much the reporter lol, but he was just so adorable and relaxed! :wub:

I like the interview with Rivera from 2005, you can really see the great person behind the megastar:)

^Michael was absolutely charming but Steve's co- hosts were so annoying, laughing scandalously, interrupting him that it didn't let me enjoy the interview.

Not an interview perse but I love the Dangerous deposition in 1994. It's such a delight to listen to him talking about the creative processes of his composition. It's the closest Dangerous live performance we have so far, the beatboxing is so AWESOME! My favorite deposition without a doubt! :girl_in_love:

^Michael was absolutely charming but Steve's co- hosts were so annoying, laughing scandalously, interrupting him that it didn't let me enjoy the interview.

Not an interview perse but I love the Dangerous deposition in 1994. It's such a delight to listen to him talking about the creative processes of his composition. It's the closest Dangerous live performance we have so far, the beatboxing is so AWESOME! My favorite deposition without a doubt! :girl_in_love:

I love listening to that one too. Plus his videotaped deposition. I sometimes play them just to hear his voice. He sounds really tired in it though. It's right before he canceled the rest of the Dangerous tour.

Back