February ~ On This Day In Michael Jackson History ~ MJ Calendar 2014

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
6vsf.jpg

Hello MJ Family, and Welcome :ciao:

Thank-you so much for visiting this Thread ! There are missing Dates in these Threads because we want you to FILL IN the BLANKS so to speak !

A CO-creation of Us the ENTIRE MJJCommunity...:agree:

So if you see or have information on ANY Dates pertaining to Michael that you don't see here, please SHARE it so, it can be properly reported here for ALL to acknowledge and NEVER forget !

We Michael-you all very much

We want to also assure you that these Dates will be completely filled in and added to as the amazing new information about Michael continues to reveal themselves over the years to come !

We L.O.V.E you MORE..​

February 1st ~

- In 1974-
The Jackson 5 preform their first of 3 concerts at the Demba Diop Stadium, Dakar Senegal.
Michael would later remember:
&#8220;When we came off the plane in Dakar, Senegal, Africa, we were greeted by a long line of African dancers. Their drums and sounds filled the air with rhythm. I was going crazy, I was screaming, &#8216;All right! They got the rhythm&#8230; This is it. This is where I come from. The origin.&#8217;&#8221;
j5africa.jpg

- In 1979-
The Jacksons preform Destiny Tour at the Carre Theatre, Amsterdam Holland.
- In 1983-
Music&#8217;s greatest style statement was Michael Jackson&#8217;s single, sparkling glove. On this day in 1983, Michael Jackson introduced his one-glove look (and a little dance move called the Moonwalk) while performing on &#8220;Motown 25,&#8221; a television special airing on NBC.
- In 1984-
Michael Jackson receives an Official letter from US President Reagan wishing him a speedy recovery.
3456568043_315dea6c27.jpg

- In 1988-
The Song "Man In the Mirror" enters the charts. The proceeds from the sales of this record goes to Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times, a camp for children who suffer from cancer.
- In 1989-
Lavon A. Muhammad was sentenced to a maximum of 2 1/2 years in prison for violating a court order to stay away from Michael Jackson. She also lost her $100 million paternity suit. She had claimed that Michael Jackson was the father of one of her twins.
- In 2003-
Wiesner & Konitzer try to block the airing of Martin Bashir's documentary after obtaining the final transcript.
- In 2005-
Michael Jackson appears in court for the second day of the Jury selection.
- In 2010-
More than 80 artists gathered to record the remake of "We Are The World". The next day Janet Jackson laid down her version of Michael Jackson's part. The song was premiered at the opening of the Winter Olympics on February 12.

February 2nd ~

- In 1974-
The Jackson 5 play the second of three nights at the Theatre National Daniel Sorano, Dakar (Senegal).
- In 1979-
On the sixth anniversary of The Midnight Special The Jacksons appear, performing Things I do for you, Destiny (with Jermaine), and Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground).
4.jpg

- In 1979-
On their Destiny Tour, The Jacksons play at the Wakefield Theatre Club, Wakefield (UK).
- In 1986-
Michael Jackson gives a five-minute interview about Quincy Jones for CBS 60 minutes programme.
- In 1992-
Fox, BET and MTV simultaneously premiered the 9 minute Michael Jackson short film for " Remember The Time".
artworks-000014874493-5yz1zg-crop.jpg

- In 1994-
Michael Jackson attends a concert of The Temptations and the of Fifth Dimension at the Sheraton Desert Inn of Las Vegas with Lisa Marie Presley.
- In 1998-
Michael Jackson's video for "Ghosts" was released in the U.K. and Europe.

February 3rd ~

-In 1974-
"Dancing Machine" from the Jackson 5 1973 album G.I.T.: Get It Together was released. The group's first US Top Ten hit since 1971's "Sugar Daddy", "Dancing Machine" reached #2 on the Billboard pop music charts and #1 on the R&B charts. It bought The Jackson 5 their second Grammy Award nomination in 1975 for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals.
Spain180.jpg

- In 1974-
The Jackson 5 play the third and final concert of three nights at the Theatre National Daniel Sorano, Dakar (Senegal).
-In 1990-
Michael Jackson is offered the "Role Model Award" from Japan. He accepts the award via satellite.
- In 1992-
Michael Jackson held a press conference at Radio City Music Hall in New York to announce plans for a new world tour to raise money for his newly-formed "Heal The World" Foundation,which battles against AIDS and Juvenile Diabetes. Michael joined Peter Kendall, vice president for Pepsi-Cola Int. in announcing the $20 million deal, which was the largest ever between a corporation and a music entertainer. Before the kick-off of his Dangerous World Tour, Michael signed a Pepsi endorsement deal in front of the media. At the press conference, he issues a statement in appreciation for the sponsor of this new tour - the Pepsi-Cola Corporation:
[youtube]cIN9ONo9uH0[/youtube]
Michael's statement:
"Good afternoon. I like to thank the Pepsi-Cola Corporation for sponsoring the Dangerous Tour, which we plan to kick off in June. The only reason I&#8217;m going on tour is to raise for the newly formed, Heal The World, an international children&#8217;s charity, that I&#8217;m spearheading to assist children and the ecology. My goal is to gross one hundred million dollars by Christmas, 1993. I urge every corporation and individual who cares about this planet and the future of the children, to help raise money for the HTW charity. The Heal The World Foundation will contribute funds to pediatric aids in honor of my friend, Ryan White.
The "Heal The World Foundation" will also offer support to such worthwhile organizations as Camp Ronald McDonald, Make A Wish Foundation, Children Diabetes, Minority Aids Foundation and other charities. I&#8217;m looking forward to this tour, because it will allow me to devote time to visiting children all around the world, as well as to spread the message of the global love, in the hopes that others too will be moved to do their share to heal the world. Thank you for coming. I love you very much. Thank you, all."
After his speech, The St. Thomas Boys' Choir sing "Heal The World", which touches the singer: "When I composed the song, it was my dream to hear it performed the way they just performed it, with such innocence and beauty. It took everything to keep me from crying", declares Jackson.

- In 2003-
The controversial &#8220;Living With Michael Jackson&#8221; documentary conducted by British journalist, Martin Bashir first aired in the United Kingdom on ITV. The interview will air later all around the world..and a storm began. e interviewed Jackson over a span of eight months, from May, 2002 to January, 2003, the documentary containing much commentary by Bashir, which was very critical and judgmental of Michael. However, most of the viewers did not fall for Bashir... after the interview viewers all around the world expressed their support for Michael. The interview was a rare occasion for Michael Jackson to allow such access to his personal life, thus felt all the more betrayed by Bashir&#8217;s negative portrayal of him. As a consequence, he soon issues the following statement:
MJ+hates+Bashir.jpg

Michael's statement:
"I trusted Martin Bashir to come into my life and that of my family because I wanted the truth to be told. Martin Bashir persuaded me to trust him that his would be an honest and fair portrayal of my life and told me that he was `the man that turned Diana's life around'. I am surprised that a professional journalist would compromise his integrity by deceiving me in this way. Today I feel more betrayed than perhaps ever before; that someone, who had got to know my children, my staff and me, whom I let into my heart and told the truth, could then sacrifice the trust I placed in him and produce this terrible and unfair program. Everyone who knows me will know the truth which is that my children come first in my life and that I would never harm any child. I also want to thank my fans around the world for the overwhelming number of messages of support that I have received, particularly from Great Britain, where people have e-mailed me and said how appalled they were by the Bashir film. Their love and support has touched me greatly."

- In 2007-
Michael Jackson attends the "Beatles Love" musical, and meet the cast backstage at The Mirage in Las Vegas.
21mvon6.jpg

February 4th ~

- In 1974-
The Jackson 5 fly home from Dakar after three concerts and many celebrations in their honor.
- In 1990-
Michael Jackson joined other stars at the Sammy Davis Jr 60th Anniversary TV Special, musical gala honoring Sammy Davis Jr. Sammy Davis Jr TV Special aired on ABC on Feb. 4, 1990, with all proceeds, $250,000 being donated to the UNC Fund.
Michael performed "You Were There", which he wrote with Buz Kohan especially for the occasion. The night before the tribute show, Michael and Buz Kohan, who wrote the script, went in the rehearsal hall and wrote a song. They arranged it overnight, and the night of the show was the first time he'd ever sung it. Michael stepped from the glare of several spotlights to perform, "Your Were There". Michael's touching tribute brought tears to his idol, who was then battling throat cancer. After Michael finished the performance with one hand raised in the air, he walked over to Sammy and hugged him warmly. Other performers included Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope and Ella Fitzgerald to name only a few.

[youtube]RGxRJkBpv0k[/youtube]
For more info and photos:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...Jr-60th-Anniversary-Special-February-4th-1990

- In 1997-
Michael Jackson goes to a courtroom in Rome Italy to testify that he didn't steal "Will You Be There" from Italian artist Al Bano.

February 5th ~

- In 1981-
During her concert in LA, Diana Ross convinced a young Michael Jackson to get on stage to sing "Upside Down" with her.
[YOUTUBE]dVcmj5soVYk[/YOUTUBE]
- In 1984-
Michael Jackson makes his first public appearance since his head burn injury when he visits the Los Angeles zoo with Emmanuel Lewis.
- In 1992-
Michael Jackson was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters.
Rev. Jesse Jackson and NABOB Chairman Pierre Sutton presented him the Award at the 8th Annual Communications Awards Dinner held at the Sheraton Washington Hotel in Washington D.C. Stevie Wonder, boxing heavyweights Muhammad Ali and Leon Spinks, Spike Lee, and Al Jarreau were among the 900 guests, who turn out to see the man who revolutionized and dominated contemporary music, dance, video and fashion.

PHO-09Jun26-167476.jpg

- In 2001-
At the American National Portrait Gallery of the Smithsonian Institution there is an exhibition called 'A BRUSH WITH HISTORY: Paintings from the National Portrait Gallery.' Andy Warhol's 1984 portrait of Michael Jackson is included with other paintings ranging in date from the 1720's to the 1990's and featuring people of America's past. Other historical figures who have portraits in this exhibition include Benjamin Franklin, T. S. Eliot, General George S. Patton, George Gershwin, and more.
andy-warhol-michael-jackson-painting-300x225.jpg

- In 2002-
Because February will be the month of black music on VH1 (US) featuring 113 hours of music by African American performers - of course including Michael Jackson, on February 5th there are pop up videos by Michael Jackson as well.
- In 2005-
In a US TV interview with Geraldo Rivera Michael Jackson says that his fame has made him a target for those who wish to make money by falsely accusing him of, among other things, harming children.

February 6th ~

- In 1970-
The Jackson 5 are on top of Billboard Number One Hits Chart with "I Want You Back". The song, along with a b-side cover of Smokey Robinson & the Miracles' "Who's Lovin' You", was the only single from the first Jackson 5 album, Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5. It has sold 6 million copies worldwide. In 1999, "I Want You Back" was also inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.
jackson5.jpg

- In 1971-
"Mama's Pearl" by The Jackson 5 enters the Billboard US Top 40 Singles chart, where it will peak at No 2.
- In 1975-
The Jackson 5 performed in concert at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
- In 1979-
The Jacksons preform the first of four nights of the Destiny World Tour at The Rainbow, in London (UK).
-In 2003-
ABC's "20/20" aired the British documentary "Living With Michael Jackson."
Debbie Rowe, Michael's ex-wife and mother of two of his children, released a press statement regarding the Living With Michael Jackson in supporting him.
"It breaks my heart that anyone could truly believe that Michael would do anything to harm or endanger our children: they are the most important thing in his life," she said, according to the statement, released by a London public relations firm.

February 7th ~

- In 1979-
The Jacksons preform the second of four nights of the Destiny World Tour at The Rainbow, in London (UK).
- In 1984-
Michael Jackson goes to the New York Metropolitan Museum of Natural History to receive awards from CBS & The Guineess Book Of World Records to celebrates Thriller as the largest-selling album of all time. Michael took several occasions that evening to step outside and meet his fans, from barricades in Central Park. At the party, CBS Records president Walter Yetnikoff presented Michael with presented with the first edition of the 1984 paperback version of the Guinness Book of World Records, who had stopped their presses to include the new record holder for the biggest selling album of all time, Michael Jackson's THRILLER.The album had surpassed the 25 million mark in sales, making it the most successful album in history. It had outsold the soundtrack album for Saturday Night Fever to take over the top spot. According to Susan Blond, who organized the event: "It was unbelievably exciting. Even to this day, I don't think anyone has become as big a star as he was at that moment."
25 year old Michael, the shy and sensitive singer, told the invitation-only audience of 1,500 how he felt about epic $1.4 million party staged to salute him. Clutching the wireless microphone in his sequined-gloved right hand, the child star who became a grown-up superstar smiled and said softly:

tumblr_l0hn2bbaf91qbz69po1_400.jpg

"I&#8217;ve been performing for twenty years. I started at 5 years old touring with my brothers, The Jackson 5, and still I haven&#8217;t &#8211; you know, I feel like I&#8217;ve just begun, you know. And I&#8217;ve always wanted to do great things and achieve many things, but for the first time in my entire career I feel like I&#8217;ve accomplished this, because I&#8217;m in the Guinness Book Of World Records. I'm so honored and deeply touched by it and thank you all. And I also thank CBS Records, which is the best record company in the world and Walter Yetnikoff, who is the best record company president in the world. And thank you all. You are all wonderful people. I'm very embarrassed but thank you."
- In 1989-
Michael Jackson paid a visit to Cleveland Elementary School to see the children and families effected by the massacre occurred on January 17, 1989, at Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton, California.
tumblr_lk2nlex1Yj1qbw910o1_500.jpg

For more information, Photos and Trivia:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...leveland-School-Massacre-..-January-17th-1989
- In 2004-
Michael Jackson hires Raymone Bain as his new official spokesperson.
- In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens their 14th Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in North America performance at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis MO.

February 8th ~

- In 1977-
The Jacksons perform "Enjoy Yourself" and "Dreamer" on Mike In Hollywood.
- In 1979-
The Jacksons preform the third of four nights of the Destiny World Tour at The Rainbow, in London (UK).
- In 1983-
Michael Jackson attends The British Record Industry Awards (later re-named simply The BRITs) in the Grosvenor House Hotel, London (UK) to collect an award on behalf of Barbara Streisand. Michael is seen pictured with Paul McCartney and his late wife Linda McCartney.
6775214230_2519b3d1b3_o.jpg

- In 1984-
Michael Jackson attends the "Tap Dance Kid" Musical at the Broadhurst Theatre in NYC with Sean Lennon.
- In 1993-
Jet magazine featured Michael Jackson on their cover with the story: Michael Jackson gives First Live Interview to Oprah Winfrey.
As the monthlong celebration gets underway during the Black HIStory month, the musical monarch will establish an precedent. He will give the first live interview to Oprah Winfrey. The prime time special, produced by Winfrey's Harpo Productions, Inc., will air Wednesday, Feb. 10 (9:30-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network in the U.S. and in countries around the world. "Michael Jackson has always been at the top of my list of people I am most interested in interviewing," Oprah allowed. "The excitement of this interview being live and unedited is certainly a special event for me and for all of Michael's fans." she adds.
Rather than tape the interview and release it on the scheduled air date, the talk show host and Michael agreed to an unprecedented live show. The format will allow the megastar to talk about his career, lifestyle and family, and express his innermost feelings.

jet-1993-feb-8.jpg

- In 2003-
CBS Entertainment (Ed Bradley & Jack Saussman) arrive at Neverland in order to interview Michael Jackson for their show 60 Minutes, but Michael cancels the interview when he hears about the leak of the Chandler deposition from 1993.
- In 2006-
Michael Jackson goes to Rome (Italy). American entertainer and pop icon whose successful musical career and Sophia was one of his fans in the late 1980's and attended several of his concerts. Interview excerpts of Sophia can be seen in the documentary The Legend Continues...
a23ed555b90961eecdb417d295d0ce00.jpg

- In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens their 15th Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in North America performance at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis MO.

February 9th ~

- In 1979-
On their Destiny Tour, The Jacksons play the last of three nights at The Rainbow, London (UK).
- In 2002-
Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor attend the fund-raiser Art For Aids: A Tribute To Rock Hudson at the Laguna Art Museum in Laguna Beach. Later in the evening, they attend a private dinner at Dana Point with Michael&#8217;s dermatologist Dr Arnold Klein.
Michael looked better in person than he did in photographs and his demeanor toward Elizabeth Taylor was endearing. He held her bejeweled hand throughout the press conference, as well as an arm always protectively around her.
&#8220;It was a rocking event here at the museum, complete with the Orange County Sheriff and lots of traffic,&#8221; museum director Bolton Colburn said. &#8220;I was amazed that Michael was willing to come out to support the arts and AIDS like he did. It was truly amazing.&#8221; At the beginning of the event commemorative t-shirts signed by various stars including Michael, Bob Dylan, Madonna, Ringo Starr, Sharon Stone, Halle Berry and others were auctioned. Michael's, which was signed twice, went for an amazing $ 700, well above the average. The gala was expected to raise $150,000.

2011-03-25-10-30-10-8-in-2002-they-arrived-at-a-tribute-to-rock-hudson.jpeg

- In 2009-
Michael Jackson goes to the Bel Air Hotel for a business meeting with Dr. Tohme Tohme.

February 10th ~

- In 1977-
'Enjoy Yourself' becomes The Jackson's first Offical Gold record certified by the RIAA on February 10, 1977. It was also the group's first Platinum single, as well as the first song to featured new member Randy Jackson, who replaced Jermaine after he decided to stay in Motown after his brothers left.
- In 1979-
On their Destiny Tour, The Jacksons perform at the Brighton Centre in Brighton (UK).
-In 1998-
Michael Jackson safely arrives in Panhandle city to rehearse for his concert tour &#8220;BAD&#8221; after bad weather in Atlanta delayed his arrival by three days, a publicity spokeswoman said. On Monday afternoon, Jackson arrived in the same Eastern Airlines that carried the Pensacola Tornados of the Continental Basketball Association home from a road trip.
- In 1992-
Michael Jackson departs for a one week tour to Africa at LA airport. He travels for 11 days to visit hospitals, orphanages, schools, churches & institutions for mentally handicapped children, covering about 30,000 miles on his journey.
- In 1993-
Michael Jackson Talks&#8230;to Oprah is telecast live from Neverland Valley around the world attracting around 100 million viewers. During the interview, Michael reveals that he suffers from a skin disorder that destroys the pigmentation of his skin. He also shows his ranch to the world, premieres the video of "Give In To Me" and improvises a beat box on "Who Is It" after doing the Moonwalk. Elizabeth Taylor makes a surprise appearance in support of her friend.
michaeljacksonoprahwinftq2.jpg

- In 1996-
Michael Jackson goes to a slum in Rio de Janeiro to shoot a second version of the "They Don&#8217;t Care About Us" video directed by Spike Lee.
3660669353_02127c414f.jpg

- In 1997-
Michael Jackson starts to shoot the video for "Blood On The Dance Floor" in Los Angeles.
- In 2000-
Michael Jackson has selected "The Firm" as his new management company. "The Firm", a two-year-old company described as "one of the hottest music management teams in the world", is headed by Jeff Kwantinetz and Michael Green. John McLain, a family associate and former high-ranking A&M executive, will remain involved in managing Michael Jackson.
- In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens their 16th Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in North America performance at the Houston Toyota Center in Houston TX.

February 11th ~

- In 1978-
"Even Though You're Gone/Different Kind of Lady" enters the Top 50 singles chart in Britain, peaking at number 31 and remains on the charts for 4 weeks.
-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform their Destiny World Tour in Preston, UK.
- In 1992-
Michael Jackson is welcomed by 100,000 people when he arrives in Libreville in Gabon. President Omar Bongo presents him with a Medal of Honour at the Ambassador's Hall in the Presidential Palace.
[youtube]AoupR2HUQJo[/youtube]
- In 2008-
Michael Jackson's "Thriller 25th Anniversary Edition" CD is now available to buy in the shops. It features the original nine classic tracks as well as five new remixes and the previously unreleased track "For All Time." Each copy comes with a colour booklet and DVD featuring some of Michael's groundbreaking videos from "Thriller."
- In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens their 17th Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in North America performance at the Houston Toyota Center in Houston TX.

February 12th ~

- In 1972-
The Jackson 5 perform at the Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis. Missouri.
-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform their Destiny World Tour in Wakefield, UK.
- In 1983-
"ET: The Extraterrestrial" LP enters the Top 100 albums chart in Britain peaking at number 82 and remains on the charts for 2 weeks.
c0157031_1454241.jpg

-In 1984-
Michael Jackson appears on the cover of "The News of the World" Color Supplement in Britain.
- In 1992-
The town of Oyen welcomes Michael with children carrying banners 'Welcome Home Michael.' In the West African gold-mining village of Krindjabo on the Ivory Coast, populated by the Agni tribe, Michael is crowned 'King of Sani' by tribal chief Amon N'Djafolk. In Dar-Es-Salaam, Michael is the guest of President Ali Hassan Mwinyi and Tanzania issues a special postage stamp bearing Michael's image. Michael travels 30,000 miles in 11 days, but his excursions to hospitals, orphanages, schools, churches and institutions for mentally retarded children receive little positive coverage by media.
- In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens their 18th Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in North America performance at the Houston Toyota Center in Houston TX.

February 13th ~

-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform their Destiny World Tour in Sheffield, UK.
-In -

- In -

-In -

- In -

- In 2013-
Cirque du Soleil opens the first of three nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in at Hallenstadion in Zurich, Switzerland.

February 14th ~

-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform first of two nights of their Destiny World Tour in Geneva, Switzerland.
- In 1980-
Michael Jackson's single "Rock With You" was certified Gold by the RIAA.*
528953_320477414735847_1966315203_n.png

-In 1985-
On Valentine's Day in 1985, the Michael helps with the delivery of Valentino, a baby deer born to his pet deer, Prince and Princess at Hayvenhurst in Encino CA.
574715_10200579650721737_1454784812_n.jpg

- In 1989-
Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean," "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," "Rock With You," and "Beat It" were certified Platinum and "Off The Wall" and "She's Out Of My Life" were certified Gold by the RIAA.
-In 2001-
Michael Jackson's initiative 'Heal the Kids' presented a 'Valentine's Day Extravaganza' at Carnegie Hall, New York City, featuring an all-star panel of celebrities and experts. Michael welcomed the participants and the audience with the following words:
"I would like to welcome you to Carnegie Hall, the world's most famous concert hall to hear an entirely different kind of music, a loftier melody. It's a more eternal song.
[youtube]__hPA0z27uk[/youtube]
- In 2003-
A two-week investigation by the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services Sensitive Case Unit and the Los Angeles Police Department began investigating Michael Jackson on child abuse charges.
- In 2013-
Cirque du Soleil opens the second of three nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in at Hallenstadion in Zurich, Switzerland.

February 15th ~

-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform last of two nights of their Destiny World Tour in Geneva, Switzerland.
- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform their Destiny Tour in Geneva, Switzerland.
- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform 'Blame It On The Boogie" during recording of the ABBA Snowtime TV special in the Central Hotel, Leysin (Switzerland).
[youtube]qK0EYStKhNo[/youtube]

February 16th ~

-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform their Destiny World Tour in Glasgow, UK.
-In -

- In -

-In -

- In -

- In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens their 20th Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in North America performance at the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans LA.

February 17th ~

- In 1972-
Michael Jackson's cover version of "Rockin' Robin" was released as the second single from his 1972 first solo album titled "Got to Be There". The song hadn't originally been scheduled as a single, and it was only after radio djs started playing the song from Michael's first LP, Got to Be There, that Motown decided to release it as the second single, instead of of "I Wanna Be Where You Are." The djs who has originally played the album cut in the first place probably chose it because it was a familiar song to them, having first been released as a single back by Bobby Day back in 1958, the year Michael was born. Also on the B-side was "Love Is Here and Now You're Gone", another cover from The Supremes' #1 smash. It was the biggest hit from the album, peaking at number two on the Hot 100 and R&B charts.
3085372.jpg

-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform first of two nights of their Destiny World Tour in Manchester, UK. "Shake Your Body" (Down to the Ground) hits the Billboard Pop singles chart peaking at #7 and remains on the charts for 22 weeks. Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) co-written by Michael and Randy, was released as the second single from the Jacksons 12th studio album, Destiny, and became a signature tune of the disco age. It was the most successful single from Destiny, which helped to re-established them as a top-selling group. This infectious dance tune peaked at #3 on the black singles chart.
Michael, in a rare interview for a radio program, recalled writing the song with Randy. "Randy was going around the house humming a tune and I liked it. I asked him what it was and he said, 'It's nothing.' I said, 'No, it's something.'" Michael went on to write the melody and lyrics for "Shake Tour Body". "I don't know where it came from. God, I say."

Jacksons-shake-your-body.jpg

- In 1983-
Michael Jackson is on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine, with the main article Michael Jackson Life As a Man, who they dub as 'The Prince of Pop' in an interview by Gerri Hirchey.
- In 1998-
It was announced that Michael Jackson was planning a benefit called "We Are The World 2" for starving children in North Korea.
- In 2005-
Michael Jackson, having recovered from a flu attack, is discharged from the Marian Medical Center in Santa Maria, California.
- In 2007-
Over the NBA's All-Star weekend, Michael Jackson, Will I Am and Chris Tucker attend a performance of Prince at his club 3121 in Las Vegas.

February 18th ~

-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform last of two nights of their Destiny World Tour in Manchester, UK.
- In 1981-
Can You Feel It by The Jacksons enters the UK pop singles chart where it will peak at No 6 during a fifteen week run.
- In 1984-
"Thriller" enters the Top 10 in its second week on the charts - the first single to achieve this feat since John Lennon's Imagine hit the Top Ten in its second week in 1971. It is also the highest debuting single (20) since Lennon's Imagine. Thriller is also the fifth Top Five single from the album of the same name, making Michael the first artist in music history to achieve seven Top 10 singles from one album.
471063_small.jpg

-In 1986-
Fourteen-year-old heart transplant patient, Donna Ashlock from Patterson in California, receives a call from MJ after he learns she is a devoted fan. Michael wishes her well and invites her to visit him at the Encino family home once she is feeling better.
- In 1988-
Rehearsals for the tour's second leg took place at the Pensacola Civic Center in Pensacola, Florida between January 22 - February 18, 1988.
-In 1989-
"Moonwalker" replaced "E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial" at #1 on the Billboard Video Sales chart.
- In -

-In -

- In -

-In -

- In -

-In -

- In -

- In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens their 21st Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in North America performance at the BOK Center in Tulsa, OK.

February 19th ~

-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform first of two nights of their Destiny World Tour in Leeds, UK.
-In -

- In -

-In -

- In -

- In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens their 22nd Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in North America performance at the BOK Center in Tulsa, OK.
- In 2013-
Cirque du Soleil opens the first of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in at Palaolimpico in Turin, Italy.

February 20th ~

- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform last of two nights of their Destiny World Tour in Leeds, UK.
-In -

- In -

-In -

- In -

- In 2013-
Cirque du Soleil opens the last of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in at Palaolimpico in Turin, Italy.

February 21st ~

-In -

- In -

-In -

- In -

February 22nd ~

-In -

- In -

-In -

- In -

February 23rd ~

-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform the first of two nights of their Destiny World Tour concert in London, UK.
- In 1980-
"Off The Wall" enters the Black Singles Chart Top 5 and remains their for 13 weeks.
-In 1988-
Michael Jackson performs the first of two nights of the Bad World Tour at Kemper Arena, Kansas City (Missouri).
- In 1995-
Michael Jackson was awarded the Harry Chapin Memorial Humanitarian Award.
- In 2002-
Michael Jackson won three awards [out of six nominations] at the "33rd Annual NAACP Image Awards" which took place at the Universal Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA. Michael won for Best Variety Special: "Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration", Best Performance in a Variety Special: "Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration" and Best Music Video: "You Rock My World". However, Michael did not attend the ceremony.
- In 2005-
Michael Jackson goes to court where the 8 members of the Jury are selected.
- In 2010-
The Return of Captain EO.The groundbreaking 3D movie called "Captain Eo", directed by Francis Ford Coppola and produced by George Lucas. Jackson writes and records two songs for the 17 minute epic: "We Are Here to Change the World" and "Another Part of Me". He also helps create a "Captain Eo" ride for Disneyland. The attraction, now entitled Captain EO Tribute, re-opened at Disneyland Park on February 23, 2010. The attraction returned to Discoveryland at Disneyland Park (Paris) on June 12, 2010, returned to Epcot at Walt Disney World on July 2 and to Tokyo Disneyland on July 1.
- In 2013-
Cirque du Soleil opens the first of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in at the Mediolanum Forum in Milan, Italy.

February 24th ~

-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform the last of two nights of their Destiny World Tour concert in London, UK.
-In -
1979 - You Can't Win enters the Pop singles chart peaking at number 81 and remains on the charts for 3 weeks.
- In -

-In -

- In -

- In 2013-
Cirque du Soleil opens the last of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in at the Mediolanum Forum in Milan, Italy.

February 25th ~

-In 1979-
The Jacksons perform the last of two nights of their Destiny World Tour concert in London, UK.
-In 1979-
You Can't Win enters the Pop singles chart peaking at number 81 and remains on the charts for 3 weeks.
-In 1979-
The Jacksons are on the cover of Right On
- In 1993-
Michael Jackson receives 2 nominations at the 35th Annual Grammy Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in LA for best Pop Male Vocal (Black or White) and Best R&B Male Vocal (Jam). Although he doesn't win the categories, he is presented with the Grammy Legend Award by his sister Janet, who narrates a video tribute to her brother. Both siblings look stunning and Michael is in exceptional form as he jokes with the audience, provoking a comment from the host of the show: "When did he get so damn funny?" Following the presentations, Michael and his date, Brooke Shields, attend the Polygram party at A&M Studios and later show up at the Sony Music party in Century City.
-In 2003-
Michael Jackson - 'The Footage You Were Never Meant to See' airs at 9pm on Sky One in the UK. After the programme, Sky One asks viewers to vote on whether they thought Michael was unfairly treated by Martin Bashir. A massive 92% of voters said they felt he had.
- In 2004-
Judge Philip Simon removes Michael Jackson's name from the lawsuit brought against the Jackson 5 by Steeltown boss Gordon Keith and other musicians. The judge ruled that Michael (and his brothers) had no involvement in the disputed 1996 compilation of songs the Jackson 5 performed long ago, clearing him of any liability.
- In 2005-
Michael Jackson is in court today for completion of jury selection. Although the main 12 jurors were chosen the day before, today 8 jurors are selected as alternates.
- In 2013-
Cirque du Soleil opens the last of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour in at the Mediolanum Forum in Milan, Italy.

February 26th ~

- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform their Destiny World Tour in Bournemouth, UK.
-In 1983-
At the CBS Records press conference, Jane Fonda presents Michael with a Double Platinum certification for Thriller LP.
- In 1996-
Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie attend the 28th Annual Grammy Awards. 'We Are the World' wins 4 of its 6 nominations for Song of the YEar, Record of the Year, Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group, and Best Music Video (Short Form).
-In 1997-
A Superior Court judge dismisses most of a lawsuit that held Michael responsible for production losses from the failed 1994 Jackson Family Honours show. Judge Sherman Jr. threw out 2 of 3 claims brought against Jackson by Smith-Hemion Productions. The judge found that Jackson did not commit breach of contract or break implied contractual indemnity. "It is undisputed that Mr. Jackson made a written promise to appear on the show, and that gave the big green light to go ahead with production," Smith-Hemion attorney William Briggs said. "His failure to appear caused all the hurt and damages." The lawsuit seeks to have Jackson pay most or all of a $1.7 million judgment brought against Jackson Communications, Inc. The company claimed it had no assets and was unable to pay. Smith-Hemion also has sued in federal court to have the judgment enforced.
- In 2002-
A press release is issued stating that Neverland Entertainment, headed by Michael Jackson and film producer Raju Sharad Patel, have signed an agreement in principal with Mark Damon's MDP Worldwide Entertainment Inc to enter into an investment and partnership for all of MDP's film production. With the investment by Neverland Entertainment, MDO will operate a new division called Neverland Pictures, which will be the production arm of MDP, and all feature films produced will carry the Neverland Pictures banner. Michael states, "Both Raju and I love the way classic stories can be reinvented for the screen. My favorite movies such as Raju's Jungle book and Pinocchio were re-imagined as major features, and were produced outside the traditional studio system. Films have always been a passion for me as a fan and as an artist and there is nothing in the world like the magic captured forever in a time capsule like motion picture images."

February 27th ~

-In 1980 -
At the Shrine Auditorium in LA, Michael is awarded his first Grammy as a solo performer in the category Best R&B Vocal Performance-Male for 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough'. Michael boycotts the event in disgust at being pigeonholed into only R&B soul categories and is disappointed that Off The Wall was overlooked for Best Album. He vows his next album won't be ignored. It is widely accepted that the awards do not do justice to the hugely successful LP.
michael_jackson_off_the_wall.jpg

- In 1984-
The Jacksons' Pepsi commercials are previewed on MTV as part of a 28-minute Bob Giraldi documentary. MTV broadcast the two 60-second commercials free of charge.
-In 1989-
Michael Jackson and Brooke Shields are on the cover of Jet Magazine.
- In 2008-
A legal notice has been issued to Michael stating that unless he pays $24 million, Neverland will be auctioned on March 19, 2008. The sale will include absolutely everything at the ranch including all fixtures and fittings, personal belongings, household goods and recreational items, including the trains and their tracks, and even the trees and plants.

February 28th ~

- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform their Destiny World Tour in Avignon, France.
- In 1984-
Michael Jackson won a record eight Grammy awards for the album "Thriller."
- In 1992-
Michael Jackson's "Motown's Greatest Hits" debuted at #53, its peak, in the U.K.
- In 1995-
Michael Jackson was awarded the Harry Chapin Memorial Humanitarian Award.
-In 1996-
Michael and Janet Jackson take home the "Best Music Video, Short Film" Award for "Scream", alongside producer Cean Chaffin and director Mark Romanek at the 38th Annual Grammy Award ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, Ca.
MJ+1996+scream+2.jpg

- In 2001-
Michael Jackson injured his right foot after taking a fall at Neverland Valley Ranch.
- In 2000-
In Los Angeles, Carlos Santana received a record-tying eight Grammy's. Michael Jackson set the record back in 1984 when he won awards for "Thriller."
- In 2005-
The jury for the Michael Jackson child molestation trial... was selected. The process for selecting eight alternates began.

February 29th ~

-In -

- In -

-In -

- In -

MJ TinkerBell :heart:

Last edited:
I love reading the monthly Michael Jackson Calenders!

Today is Saturday, February 15, 2014

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1992 - The Ivory Coast village of Krinjabo named Michael Jackson "King of the Sanwis."

1993 - The U.S. District Court in Denver, CO, ruled that Michael Jackson did not steal the song "Dangerous" from songwriter Crystal Cartier.

2005 - Michael Jackson was admitted to Marian Medical Center with flu-like symptoms. As a result, the judge in his child molestation case delayed the jury selection process until February 22.

:give_flowers: :heart:

Last edited:
Back