LL Cool J Talks Michael Jackson

Bubs

Proud Member
LL Cool J Talks Michael Jackson, Kanye West & More On Arsenio | Video

The legendary, the ground breaking, LL Cool J, is back. The wordsmith, actor, and host, hit the stages of the Arsenio show recently, sitting down and chopping it up with Arsenio about a little bit of everything, including music, the Grammy Awards, and so much more along the way.

The fellas dove deep into speaking about stories LL had of Michael Jackson, getting punked by the King of Pop. He then opened up a bit about Kanye West, that state of hip hop, how it is different from when he got it, and the new school of rappers that are out now. LL speaks nothing but the truth and supplies another introspective interview for our enjoyment. Check out the clip after the jump and speak your mind on it down below.

:D

mmmm.jpg

That was funny. It was nice how they both said they missed Michael. You can tell too by not what they say but the look in their faces. You can relate to that feeling.

ll cool j is great. is it true they did two songs together? serious effect and another one?

L.l. Cool J Owes Grammy To Jackson's Generosity

L.L. COOL J will always cherish his relationship with MICHAEL JACKSON, because the late King of Pop helped him win a Grammy Award.
Jackson agreed to let the rapper sample his hit Lady In My Life, which he turned into hip-hop anthem Hey Lover, earning him the Best Rap Solo Performance Grammy back in 1996.
Cool J insists the gesture was extra-special, because Jackson rarely let other artists cover or sample his work.
He says, "I used a piece of Lady In My Life for my song Hey Lover. Michael cleared the sample, and made it possible for me to get a Grammy. Not a lot of people know that because Michael wasn't big on clearing samples.
"It was generous and his success rubbed off."

He always supported Michael

2qmqe79.jpg

What is he saying to MJ, "yo my man" ?

Last edited:
Back