POP Crush 'Billie Jean' vs. 'Like a Virgin' - Greatest Pop Song Round 2 [Poll closed - MJ Won]

qbee

Proud Member
POP Crush 'Billie Jean' vs. 'Like a Virgin' - Greatest Pop Song Round 2

Things are heating up in the second round of March Music Madness, as the most iconic tracks by the most iconic artists of the 1980s go head to head to win your votes and vie for the title of Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era. Famous frenemies born just 13 days apart, the King of Pop and the Material Girl take on each other in Round 2 with the dance-pop singles that made them global sensations.

You can vote once every hour until the polls close at 12PM ET on March 18. Either ‘Billie Jean’ or ‘Like a Virgin’ will move on to Round 3 in our Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era competition.

Vote For Michael
http://popcrush.com/michael-jackson...-greatest-pop-song-of-the-modern-era-round-2/

Re: POP Crush 'Billie Jean' vs. 'Like a Virgin' - Greatest Pop Song Round 2

What? Is this even a question?

BTW, Like a Virgin kind of "rips off" the bass line of Billie Jean. :p

And:

I agree- I can't believe this is even up for debate! And I don't say that just because I'm a fan. Billie Jean truly is an all around better song.

Its according to the votes of the last round that's why .. Like a Virgin won last round so it goes up against Billie jean
this is all about votes.

so lets vote :)

Yeah, it is our sole duty to make sure that Michael wins all the competitions :billiejean:

‘Billie Jean’ and ‘Like a Virgin’ are both ’80s mega-hits, but which will be the One? Vote below! You can vote once every hour until the polls close at 12PM ET on March 18. Either ‘Billie Jean’ or ‘Like a Virgin’ will move on to Round 3 in our Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era competition.

Michael Jackson, ‘Billie Jean’ 71.6%

VOTED & Tweeted via @MJJCLegacyTeam twitter.

Go MJFAM :clapping:

Thanks for voting! This poll will close on March 18 at 12 PM ET. You can vote once per hour until then!

Michael Jackson, ‘Billie Jean’ 73.67%

Madonna, ‘Like a Virgin’ 26.33%

Read More: 'Billie Jean' vs. 'Like a Virgin' - Greatest Pop Song | http://popcrush.com/michael-jackson...-of-the-modern-era-round-2/?trackback=tsmclip

Billie Jean by far no Comparision

Voted for Michael. I love Madonna too, but my Michael is better.

Voted ! Billie Jean must win! BJ is like Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, or Egypt pyramids! LEGENDARY.

I really like Madonna too, very much, yet Michael is Michael. "Billie Jean" is by far better song and for the poll description "Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era" --- "Billie Jean" Captures that more than Madonna's "like A Virgin" even though that song too, deserves to be n the poll.

Voted for Michael Jackson! :clapping:

Results:

Thanks for voting! This poll will close on March 18 at 12 PM ET. You can vote once per hour until then!

Michael Jackson, ‘Billie Jean’ 66.67%

Madonna, ‘Like a Virgin’ 33.33%

Vote and Read More: 'Billie Jean' vs. 'Like a Virgin' - Greatest Pop Song | http://popcrush.com/michael-jackson...-of-the-modern-era-round-2/?trackback=tsmclip

Voted

tumblr_lcvejwWJJ31qdubemo1_500.gif

th_big.gif

voted, Michael is winning:)

What? Is this even a question?

BTW, Like a Virgin kind of "rips off" the bass line of Billie Jean. :p

And:

Was Nile Rogers involved with Michael in Billie Jean? As far as I can remember, he wasn't but I may be wrong. People are saying in the comments since both Michael and Madonna had the same producer, he made the songs to sound similar.

Was Nile Rogers involved with Michael in Billie Jean? As far as I can remember, he wasn't but I may be wrong. People are saying in the comments since both Michael and Madonna had the same producer, he made the songs to sound similar.

They are wrong. Quincy never produced Madonna and Nile Rodgers never produced Michael. And Billie Jean was mainly produced by Michael, not even Quincy.

They are wrong. Quincy never produced Madonna and Nile Rodgers never produced Michael. And Billie Jean was mainly produced by Michael, not even Quincy.

People thought Nile produced Billie Jean and since he produced Like A Virgin for the similarly in the bass rhythm, that's why the confusion.

Glad the most bad ass song ever is winning! You go Mikey! :thumbs_up: :clapping:

People thought Nile produced Billie Jean and since he produced Like A Virgin for the similarly in the bass rhythm, that's why the confusion.

Where did they even get the idea from that Nile produced Billie Jean? LOL. Love it how people like to pull things out of their behind without any basis whatsoever.

Back