Tame Impala Unveil Michael Jackson Cover, ‘Stranger In Moscow’

Bubs

Proud Member
ARIA award winning Perth-bred rock and roll impressionists Tame Impala have unveiled a cover of Michael Jackson‘s 1996 single Stranger In Moscow from his 1995 double-album HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I. The band unveiled the track “fresh out of the the oven” via Twitter.

MJ’s hit takes a characteristically Kevin Parker turn for this cover, with the track aglow in phasing, watery atmospherics, lighter-than-helium synth chords, Parker’s trademark from-beyond vocals, and a heartbeat rhythm that sounds as though it was pulled from Massive Attack‘s sound library.

Listen their version here:
http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/tame-impala-unveil-michael-jackson-cover-stranger-in-moscow/
--------------------------------------

I never heard of this band before, but I must say I like their version :clapping:
and it is always nice to hear other bands covering Michael's music.

Haven't yet listened to it but i'm glad hearing that people are covering this song. Undoubtedly among his finest work and deserves much more recognition.

Yay for Perth! Haha.. These guys have definitely become pretty popular here in Australia, really do like them.
Awesome cover anyways, and so great to see some love for what has to be one of Michael's most underappreciated works.

Back