Researchers compare Michael Jackson to show what women feel is most attractive dance moves

qbee

Proud Member
<header class="entry-header" style="line-height: 17.0625px; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Arial, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', sans-serif; font-size: 11px;">LOL :giggle:

Researchers Claim That Men Who Move Their Head And Right Leg While Dancing Are More Attractive To Ladies

</header>
Source: Daily Mail / Scientific Blogging
al4sag.gif

Men wanting to attract a woman in a nightclub or wedding should definitely hit the dancefloor &#8211; with particular focus on shaking their head and moving their right knee.

Researchers used 3D cameras to film men dancing, before asking women to rate how good it was on a scale of one to 10.

They discovered that a series of specific movements, involving the neck, trunk, wrist, left shoulder and right knee, were the most alluring &#8211; and could even reveal clues to a man&#8217;s fertility.

The research was carried out by Dr Nick Neave and Kristofor McCarty, from Northumbria University.
They filmed 19 men aged between 18 and 35 using a 3D camera as they danced to music.

Their individual movements were mapped onto a blank background and each male was turned into a white avatar.

sciencedancing.gif

Good dancers made large and varied movements with their neck and trunk

At the other end of the scale, men who moved their arms too much were marked down by the females, pictured left, as were men that did not move enough and kept their arms and legs close to their body, pictured right

The researchers then asked 35 heterosexual women to rate each participant&#8217;s dance moves on a scale of one to 10.

Dr Neave said he turned the dancers into avatars so the women would not be influenced by the physical attractiveness of each volunteer.

The study discovered five movement variables made the difference between a &#8216;good&#8217; and &#8216;bad&#8217; dancer.

According to the female participants&#8217; perceptions, good dancers made large and varied movements with their neck and trunk.

Equally, varied movements in the wrist and left shoulder, as well as fast movements with the right knee, were also seen as a signs of good dancers.

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="593" height="364" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h58LKRyYRNI?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" style="line-height: inherit; border-width: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; max-width: 100%;"></iframe>

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="593" height="364" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xMQ9HYDnplU?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" style="line-height: inherit; border-width: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; max-width: 100%;"></iframe>

Many of the world&#8217;s most famous dancers, including Michael Jackson, are renowned for using these movements &#8211; in particular Jackson&#8217;s knee swivel in the Rock With You video.

xp4y28.gif

Neave told Scientific Blogging such dance movements &#8216;may form honest
signals of a man&#8217;s reproductive quality, in terms of health, vigour or strength&#8217; and
this may bewhy the females found these moves so attractive.

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="593" height="364" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5X-Mrc2l1d0?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" style="line-height: inherit; border-width: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; max-width: 100%;"></iframe>

&#8216;This is the first study to show objectively what differentiates a good dancer from a bad one,&#8217; said Dr Neave.
&#8216;Men all over the world will be interested to know what moves they can throw to attract women.

&#8216; We now know which area of the body females are looking at when they are making a judgement about male dance attractiveness.

&#8216;If a man knows what the key moves are, he can get some training and improve his chances of attracting a female through his dance style.&#8217;

At the other end of the scale, men who move their arms too much were marked down by the researchers, as were men that did not move enough and kept their arms and legs close to their body.

Source :
All Things Michael blog and DailyMail UK
http://vallieegirl67.com/2014/03/17...ncing-are-more-attractive-to-ladies/#comments

We all knew women loved MJ already. :)

But nice they use MJ. :)

So it's been scientifically established that Michael Jackson was sexy. I love it.

"Good dancers made large and varied movements with their neck and trunk"

Trunk ha? I have one of those.. lol!

... I just see the fellas on the board moving there right leg and head right after reading this! haha... "d*mn it I need to be sexy"

I actually remember this info from somewhere!

This gives me confidence to perform at a college talent show next year but it's wishful thinking that i'd even do it xD

That's why it puzzled media pushed so much Michael in their "perspective" wasn't attractive. I mean, millions of us women couldn't be wrong. He was as gorgeous and as sexy as hell!

That's why it puzzled media pushed so much Michael in their "perspective" wasn't attractive. I mean, millions of us women couldn't be wrong. He was as gorgeous and as sexy as hell!

Totally. I never understood that myself. How can anyone look at his face and see "ugly"? Those people need to have their eyes checked!

well as far as MJ and looks, there was a time he was considered a sex symbol.. from when he was old enough to be thought of in the light up til the early 90's..

I love it. I see hips did not make it. I like looking at hip movements too.

I was cracking up while looking at the bad dancer video.

well as far as MJ and looks, there was a time he was considered a sex symbol.. from when he was old enough to be thought of in the light up til the early 90's..

Hmm... yeah. But he's always been a sex symbol to me. That never changed.

I know some wont find my opinion favorable, but I think he looked great through most of the 90's, but later and later to me it was more so still looked "cool" over attractive per se.. The MJ look was the pinnacle of coolness to me, so when I would just look at him, I would love it!! (Im a straight man too) lol..

The beauty in his eyes, his presence, smile.. That always made him shine attractively..

Now I personally don't think if we were introduced to Michael lets say in 2004, we would just find him an attractive guy, it's finding the beauty that he still possessed is what I think most fans find attractive..

That's just how I see it.. don't hate on me cuz of it lol

I fully understand why many fans find him 'sexy', he spilled beauty out of his pores even in 'ugly' moments..

I too find myself shuffling through pictures admiring him through any era!

I know some wont find my opinion favorable, but I think he looked great through most of the 90's, but later and later to me it was more so still looked "cool" over attractive per se.. The MJ look was the pinnacle of coolness to me, so when I would just look at him, I would love it!! (Im a straight man too) lol..

The beauty in his eyes, his presence, smile.. That always made him shine attractively..

Now I personally don't think if we were introduced to Michael lets say in 2004, we would just find him an attractive guy, it's finding the beauty that he still possessed is what I think most fans find attractive..

That's just how I see it.. don't hate on me cuz of it lol

I fully understand why many fans find him 'sexy', he spilled beauty out of his pores even in 'ugly' moments..

I too find myself shuffling through pictures admiring him through any era!

Totally. I mean, Michael was a human being, just as we all are, and he was subject to good days and bad days. I do have to admit, I'm not a big fan of facial hair- on anybody. Unless you're Johnny Depp. Michael could rock pretty much any style, but to me, the facial hair just didn't work for him. Also, whenever I see him with a trucker cap on, I just want to throw it away. I hate trucker caps and they didn't work for him.

I think we're dealing with a matter of perspective on beauty and attractiveness. It surprised even in such horrendous circumstances Michael didn't lose his beauty and his capacity to shine with a sole gorgeous smile and carried himself with dignity. :girl_love: April 2004.

audierea-lui-mj-din-santa-maria-california(321)-m-97.jpg

Definitely- every person has their own opinion of that "beautiful" is. I never meant to suggest Michael was ever ugly, because he wasn't. Even on his worst days, he was still beautiful. His soul shined through and that's what made him beautiful. Not the color of his skin or his hair or what he wore. He was beautiful always. He is beautiful always.

Re: My Dream Man

I think we're dealing with a matter of perspective on beauty and attractiveness. It surprised even in such horrendous circumstances Michael didn't lose his beauty and his capacity to shine with a sole gorgeous smile and carried himself with dignity. :girl_love: April 2004.

audierea-lui-mj-din-santa-maria-california(321)-m-97.jpg

Yep trying times... Sad times .......but he still remained so so soo beautiful.... dignified and he ROCKED those reading glasses
:wub:wub:heart:

Hehehe there is not a man in this world that could .... well, you know the rest :blush:
Lovin this thread! Thanks for it.
Night all

Everything makes sense now. O_O XD Even without this study though I can easily say that Michael was indeed sexy. ;)

Of couse we didn't need that study. We've know Michael exuded sexiness and hotness for decades. :heat: :swoon: If the results provide credible scientific data and it's useful to appreciate his gorgeousness more, then I'm glad for it!

michael-jackson-sexy-1-o.gif

MICHAEL-michael-jackson-15198691-219-300.gif

Last edited:
So they said, the head and the right leg.... maybe they miss wrote and meant third leg!? Just a possibility, it works for me.. haha

Back