MJ fans and Youtube Advertisments

Science Freak

Proud Member
In a place with soul and love, it's called: Home.
Hi all,

As I noticed over the years alot of Michael material on Youtube has advertisements.
But how does this work?
How can someone use Michael material, put some lyrics in the video and earn money by it?
Am i wrong and goes the money to Michael's estate etc or is this plain simpel and easy money making?

I'm really annoyed I get so many ads on Youtube videos while I just want to listen to Michael.

Cheers!

Yeah. I'm sick and tired of those stupid ads they put up on every YouTube videos and audios.

It's Google AdSense. YouTube is owned by Google, so people who post videos/files to YouTube have the option to turn on advertising to generate income. I don't know if his Estate receives any funds. It's possible they do. But I think, having worked with AdSense in the past, most of the funds generated basically goes to Google, the advertiser and the individual who posted the video.

It's my understanding that the videos have to be original with no copyright claims on content. If there are claims, then the option to make money is not available.

The adds are not making money for the uploaders but for the people that own the copyright. Sony or other copyright holders blocks certain songs for copyright and allow some content that they monetize by adding a link to iTunes under it or an add to it .. or both.

You can only be a partner and make money with original content.

Copyright holders use Content ID to easily identify and manage their content on YouTube. Videos uploaded to YouTube are scanned against a database of files that have been submitted to us by content owners. When Content ID identifies a match between your video and a file in this database, it applies the policy chosen by the content owner. Content owners may choose the following policies:

Monetize:
If ads that you did not enable appear on or before your video, the content owner has applied a Monetize policy.

Block: If the content owner has chosen a Block policy, your video will either not be viewable on YouTube, or its audio will be muted. The owner may choose to allow content within your video to play in some countries while blocking it in others. While you may not be able to see your video, or hear its audio, people in other regions may still be able to view and interact with it as usual. You will still be able to view, moderate, and respond to comments on the video from theComments page in My Messages.​

Track:
If the content owner has chosen a Track policy, your video will be unaffected. However, its viewership statistics will appear in the content owner's YouTube Analytics account.​

Please keep in mind that any of these policies can be country-specific. A video may be monetized in one country, and blocked or tracked in another.

Youtube Support
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797370?p=cid_what_is&rd=1

I made a montage of video clips relating to another subject - all of which was copyrighted material - and YouTube emailed me inviting me to start advertising on it due to the view count.

As I knew it was material I didn't own I elected not to set this up. Not sure if you can go through the process despite it being copyrighted?

Back