Re: POP Crush 'BILLIE JEAN' vs. ‘GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN’ [ Poll Closed MJ Won]

voted for Michael Jackson!

But..... is that not the same??? : Doesn't Billie Jean also just want to have fun?:rollin:

Voted.

Hopefully Billie Jean wont lose to that mediocre song...

BJ is in the lead...

Thanks for voting! This poll will close on March 25 at 12PM ET. You can vote once per hour until then!

Michael Jackson, 'Billie Jean' 54.84%

Cyndi Lauper, 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' 45.16%

Michael is barely leading:-(

Yes, his percentage is going down. At this rate Billie Jean will lose to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Unreal. :(

Maybe Cindy's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is more iconic song of the 80's :bugeyed

The winner of this poll goes to round 4, Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era.

It’s a battle for the best song of the 1980s, as Michael Jackson‘s ‘Billie Jean’ takes on Cyndi Lauper‘s ‘Girls Just Want to Have Fun’ in our March Music Madness tournament. ‘Billie Jean’ brought in 82.53% of the votes against its Round 2 competitor, Madonna’s ‘Like a Virgin.’ ‘Girls Just Want to Have Fun’ ended its battle against Bon Jovi’s ‘Livin’ on a Prayer’ with 52.27% of the votes. That means that the two songs have now officially topped tunes from Madonna, Prince, U2, Paula Abdul, Bon Jovi and Janet Jackson to face off for the title of Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era.
The unforgettable and undeniable ‘Billie Jean’ was the second single off of 1982′s legendary ‘Thriller.’ The propulsive dance hit spent seven weeks at No. 1 and remains not only one of Michael’s most beloved tracks but one of the decade’s most defining cuts. In our two previous rounds, MJ completely crushed first Prince and then Madonna, with more than 80% of the votes in both instances. Can the Jackson juggernaut be stopped?
Cyndi’s fun and frothy first single became not only her personal anthem but a feminist anthem worldwide. ‘Girls Just Want to Have Fun,’ from debut album ‘She’s So Unusual,’ hit its peak at No. 2 in 1984. The instantly recognizable track remains so beloved it helped Lauper handily beat first-round contender Paula Abdul — but she only just barely edged out Bon Jovi, with a less than 5 percent margin in the second round. Does Cyndi have enough spunk to beat the King of Pop?
Which of the 1980s’ most iconic hits gets your vote for the Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era? Let us know below! You can vote once every hour until the polls close at 12PM ET on March 25. Either ‘Billie Jean’ or ‘Girls Just Want to Have Fun’ will move on to Round 4 in our Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era competition.

Read More: 'Billie Jean' vs. 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' – Greatest Pop Song | http://popcrush.com/michael-jackson...-of-the-modern-era-round-3/?trackback=tsmclip

Bubs;3973072 said:
Cyndi’s fun and frothy first single became not only her personal anthem but a feminist anthem worldwide.

Perhaps this is the reason for this neck-and-neck race? Maybe the female voters do have the majority?

About what is the voting? Is it about the sound or is ist about the lyrics? Or both?
Maybe a decision between an feminist anthem and a relative misogynistic lyrik it is not difficult for many women and the sound is not the first this time?

Each their own on tastes but I can't personally stand that song, Cindy has the voice like Alvin and the chipmunks there. I like better True Colors. Keep voting guys. Billie Jean is not misogynistic, it talks about what some women do to trap famous male stars. Groupies exist since the 60's.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;3973214 said:
Each their own on tastes but I can't personally stand that song, Cindy has the voice like Alvin and the chipmunks there. I like better True Colors. Keep voting guys. Billie Jean is not misogynistic, it talks about what some women do to trap famous male stars. Groupies exist since the 60's.

I think that Phil Collin's version of True Colors is better

I actually like Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, it's a fun little song and I always liked Cyndi Lauper, but it's no way in the league of Billie Jean. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is a pretty generic 80s song, to be honest, while Billie Jean is a classic.

/Snow White luvs Peter Pan:

In my posting I wrote not this would be my opinion!
I thinking about the issue with this poll and the reasons for the many Laper-voters.

Such votings wake up reminiscences on past times and events in our life and I know what fanal 'Girls just to have fun' was in the eightys, especially in the Lesbian scene.

But of course I vote for Michael because I love the sound of 'Billie Jean'. And what Michael is singing there ----- I simply do not listen there at all.

^^Yeah, I guess Cindy's song put many people in good mood but it sounds so 80's.
Billie Jean still sounds as fresh as ever, it's still ageless and so iconic in many aspects. It was the first short for an Africa American on MTV, Michael introduced the most famous dance move ever, the Moonwalk. With the Motown Special performance, he proved the whole world he's a huge forcs and superstar to be reckon. And terms of fashion, he made cool wearing that beautiful diamond white glove, wearing short trousers, white socks with black loafers.

Oh no, I have ask my friend to help and vote for Mike

cats-in-a-room-on-computers.gif

cats-in-a-room-on-computers.gif

Oh Bubs!
I never had thought that you enslaves your cats!
You must secure your computer because the cats could buy living mouses and birds in the i-net....

^^ I don't enslave them, they want to do this for Michael. Can you not see how exited and hyped they are:D

Few more friend added to my "workforce"

cat-on-computer-300x279.jpg

images

This one seems to be Cindy L fan
ComputerCat.jpg

and if Michael wins this poll, I reward my cats by playing Billie Jean for them so they can do some dancing
[video=youtube;tURJ5aQoJ0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tURJ5aQoJ0U[/video]

Back