RE-mixes

igorzets

Proud Member
Well, we've all seen the album release movie first aired in GMA, right? If not, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7_iLMq8REo

We've actually known that track (Xscape/Escape) for a long time now, and as it can be noticed in the video, it got re-mixed. Either for the album or just for the video (I doubt that last one). So this thread is about discussing how they've reworked MJ's work this time. We have already seen this kind of work done in some "Michael" tracks previously released, like "(I Like) The Way You Love Me", and one thing we can't deny is that producers who are re-working the tracks are realy found of MJ's beatboxing, haha.

So, let's wait for the album and make notes!

P.S.: This thread may interest those who work with music, so I'm sorry if it's kind of irrelevant to someone.

Does someone feel like almost every track sound like they end suddenly, and therefore could use a little more time at the end? I feel this specially on Chicago and Loving You...

This is unnecessary.

These are the final mixes. Not remixes. Remixes happen when you remix something that already exists. Finalizing demos is different from remixing finished products.

No they are not.

They aren't the finished versions. They are remixed demo's. Unless Michael said they are finished, they aren't finished. Period. I know everybody wants to feel like Michael's still here or like it's 2001, 1995 or 1991 again, but don't delude yourselves.

This is unnecessary.

These are the final mixes. Not remixes. Remixes happen when you remix something that already exists. Finalizing demos is different from remixing finished products.

I'm aware of that, I just called them "re-mixes" because they were indeed mixed again... Now, apart from the way you call them, did you guys feel like some tracks end suddenly?

Back