XSCAPE - Do You Know & Love Never Felt

Billyjeanplxiv

Proud Member
With DYKWYCA pretty much confirmed to be on the next album, a good question I have for the song (as well as LNFSG).

The Michael Album outtakes of DYKWYCA and LNFSG seem to just have overdubs.
With Xscape do you expect these tracks just to have overdubs? or do you think the Estate finally found the multis?

Based on some of the reviews stating that at times the music production drowns out Michael, I would guess at the former. You would hope though that they only went with track they had the multis for.

I can see his point, LNFSG is better off because its just vocals and a piano. IF TRUE, I wonder how DYKWYCA will fare....Anyone have any further ideas to elaborate on this idea? Maybe we can get in contact with people that heard the album?

It's to my understanding that the estate has had the stems for Do You Know for some time, but only got the stems to Love Never Felt So good recently. I believe they only had a cassette tape of the latter and remastered it in 2010 for Michael.

Love Never Felt So Good was intended for release on Thriller,but it never happened. How they acquired the stems just recently is beyond me,because it should've already been available,IMO.

Love Never Felt So Good was intended for release on Thriller,but it never happened. How they acquired the stems just recently is beyond me,because it should've already been available,IMO.

Michael began working with Paul Anka in 1983, a year after Thriller was released, for the latter's duet album Walk a Fine Line. These collaborative sessions gave three songs: Love Never Felt So Good, I Never Heard and It Don't Matter to Me. Anka kept all of the stem recordings, given that they were all recorded at his private studio; Michael was always given a cassette reference tape. Unfortunately, these tracks were all put on the back burner after Michael attempted to take the stems of I Never Heard without permission. Anka threatened legal action and they were returned.

To my understanding, Anka was approached regarding Love Never Felt So Good and handed over the stems then. Not quite sure when this was, to be totally honest; it could have easily been back in 2010. But in any sense, John McClain had the masters to work with, so this won't be an amateur sounding recording.

John McClain...
the thought of this wanna-be-producer fiddling once again with Michaels songs is terrible.
After the absolute mess that Behind the Mask turned out. Leave it to the pro's John... please!!

But well, we'll see what happened this time...

John McClain...
the thought of this wanna-be-producer fiddling once again with Michaels songs is terrible.
After the absolute mess that Behind the Mask turned out. Leave it to the pro's John... please!!

But well, we'll see what happened this time...

Behind the mask was probably one of my favourite songs on that album. I loved the production on that song!

He also produced Much Too Soon, which is beautiful and a much better indication of what he can do with LNFSG.

What are the chances they ever release 'DYKWYCA' as a single?

Apparently it's the strongest track on the album! I would love to hear it on the radio, but i am afraid with the Wade-case this june, they won't do it :(

Michael began working with Paul Anka in 1983, a year after Thriller was released, for the latter's duet album Walk a Fine Line. These collaborative sessions gave three songs: Love Never Felt So Good, I Never Heard and It Don't Matter to Me. Anka kept all of the stem recordings, given that they were all recorded at his private studio; Michael was always given a cassette reference tape. Unfortunately, these tracks were all put on the back burner after Michael attempted to take the stems of I Never Heard without permission. Anka threatened legal action and they were returned.

To my understanding, Anka was approached regarding Love Never Felt So Good and handed over the stems then. Not quite sure when this was, to be totally honest; it could have easily been back in 2010. But in any sense, John McClain had the masters to work with, so this won't be an amateur sounding recording.

Thanks for the info. Does this mean the 2009 release of This Is It used a cassette tape as its source?

Very excited to hear the original demo of 12 O'Clock! it's never been heard before, as well as some other's. This album will be a wonderful experience.

Guys, this official version released by Johnny Mathis may give us an idea about how it might sound
[youtube]hPyOCS0xccM[/youtube]

Behind the mask was probably one of my favourite songs on that album. I loved the production on that song!

Well, whats left of the greatness is still great. Michaels vocals are great and the elements from the Yellow Magic Orchestra song are great. But this silly re-worked version ruins it on several levels. The excessive use of "eeeeh-hehehe" cut-up samples as a refrain (that obviously was not there in the original) which are even slightly out of key. Rediculous. Just imagin Greg Phillinganes cover from the 80s with Michaels voice. So much better.

As for Much Too Soon...
Wasn't John McClains only contribution to add a cheesy Fisherman's accordion that wasn't there before? Meeh..

Last edited:
Very excited to hear the original demo of 12 O'Clock! it's never been heard before, as well as some other's. This album will be a wonderful experience.

I don't understand why fans use fake title 12 O'Clock. I can see them renaming Michael's songs like they did with She Was Loving Me, but fans..

As for Much Too Soon...
Wasn't John McClains only contribution to add a cheesy Fisherman's accordion that wasn't there before? Meeh..

No. Original had just acoustic guitar. All other instrumentation including new guitar solo was added by McClain.

No. Original had just acoustic guitar. All other instrumentation including new guitar solo was added by McClain.

Did that leak? I have a version thats close to the Album version only missing the Accordion.

Did that leak? I have a version thats close to the Album version only missing the Accordion.

That's a 2010 Work-In-Progress rework by John McClain.

We know about these versions of "Much Too Soon":
- 1994 rough recording (just vocals and guitar by Jeff Mirinov)
- 1994 (finished) Mix #9 by Bruce Swedien
- 2010 Work-In-Progress rework by John McClain [leaked]
- 2010 (finished) rework by John McClain [released]
- 2010 multi-tracks/stems of John McClain's rework* [in circulation]

*includes both 1994 rough recording (vocal, guitar stems) + 2010 rework contributions (eg by Suzie Katayama and Tommy Emmanuel)

The song is called Do You Know Where Your Children Are. I don't care what some dumb, childish haters will say

Does anyone know how many versions of DYNWYCA have been leaked? I know two versions: one with police noises and spoken intro by Clint Eastwood, and one without the intro and the police noises. Are these both from 2010? And why are they different?

Does anyone know how many versions of DYNWYCA have been leaked? I know two versions: one with police noises and spoken intro by Clint Eastwood, and one without the intro and the police noises. Are these both from 2010? And why are they different?

The former is fan made?

^ Only one version, the "police noises and Clint Eastwood" file is fan-made, it was only made to make it harder to be automatically detected and thus removed from youTube.

That's a 2010 Work-In-Progress rework by John McClain.

We know about these versions of "Much Too Soon":
- 1994 rough recording (just vocals and guitar by Jeff Mirinov)
- 1994 (finished) Mix #9 by Bruce Swedien
- 2010 Work-In-Progress rework by John McClain [leaked]- IS IT 2:48 MINUTE LONG?
- 2010 (finished) rework by John McClain [released]
- 2010 multi-tracks/stems of John McClain's rework* [in circulation]

*includes both 1994 rough recording (vocal, guitar stems) + 2010 rework contributions (eg by Suzie Katayama and Tommy Emmanuel)

hI,IS 2010 version 2:48*?

^ Only one version, the "police noises and Clint Eastwood" file is fan-made, it was only made to make it harder to be automatically detected and thus removed from youTube.

So you didi it.
No offence but i was wondering who made it and why :D

actually we don't know at all what the leaked version of DYKWYCA is. It's most likely a 2010 WIP but it could also be the original demo. We'll know more in less than six weeks.

actually we don't know at all what the leaked version of DYKWYCA is. It's most likely a 2010 WIP but it could also be the original demo. We'll know more in less than six weeks.

I can't really hear this to be a 2010 remake. If the music was remade in 2010 then they did a great job making it sound like a badly mixed raw demo from the late 80s/early 90s. :D

I mean the idea alone to use this looped classic Hip Hop sample breakbeat... seems to be more like something Michael would have come up with back then when he was trying to go Hip Hop.
By 2010 it would be a no-go for anyone with a clue to use such a (now) lame old overused sample loop as a foundation for the whole song. On the other hand... if John McClain is involved you never know... :D

My guess is... we'll get this leaked version of the song on the bonus disk. Maybe with a better mixdown.

Last edited:
I can't really hear this to be a 2010 remake. If the music was remade in 2010 then they did a great job making it sound like a badly mixed raw demo from the late 80s/early 90s. :D

I mean the idea alone to use this looped classic Hip Hop sample breakbeat... seems to be more like something Michael would have come up with back then when he was trying to go Hip Hop.
By 2010 it would be a no-go for anyone with a clue to use such a (now) lame old overused sample loop as a foundation for the whole song. On the other hand... if John McClain is involved you never know... :D

My guess is... we'll get this leaked version of the song on the bonus disk. Maybe with a better mixdown.
I've said that it could be a WIP (Work-In-Progress) version. My assumption is that the original track is simply overdubbed with the guitar solo

Back