Dirty Diana Vs Give Into Me

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Which one is the ultimate MJ rock song, Dirty Diana or Give Into Me? Let's Go!

My pick would be Give Into Me, and if I could be a bit meticulous I would pick the Demo :)

GITM.

I adore Dirty Diana, I have a special place for it and remember buying the 12" from WH Smith as if it was yesterday.

But GITM is the better song, it is the perfect rock song, with perfect vocals and perfect guitar.

It is also (like most of Dangerous) perfectly produced. The ending is massive and every second of the song is necessary.

It is sung with the most urgent, raw, passionate & heartfelt vocal that you almost can't believe this is the same person who you just heard singing the pure pop of 'Black Or White' or will be singing the pure gospel of 'Will You Be There'.

A stunning piece of work. Would have died to hear it live.

OMG, I love both, so it's very difficult. I'd have to go with GITM - just slightly.

(BTW, it should have been a three-way fight, including also Beat It.)

For me this is like choosing between a burger and a hot dog. It's impossible to pick a favourite

For the stage i would choose 'Dirty Diana' his performance is a work of art, the energy and live vocals also are flawless! but as a studio track i would choose 'Give In To Me' Michael's vocal control is second to none, and the harmonies are like silk! i love bridge on the alternate version more though, incredible!

Of course, like all of you, I love both...

...but I think I'll go with Give In To Me :)

Oh, I love Give In To Me! And especially the demo version. The vocals and ad-libs there give me the goosebumps.

Both brilliant songs, but Give Into Me is the better of the two. Slash and MJ were a match made in heaven. Slash took what was already a brilliant song and transcended it to another level of greatness. I also loved the guitar solo he did on D.S.

MJ and Slash were a dream team. I wish they'd done more work together and if there is an MJ rocker left in the vault I hope the estate give Slash a call.

I haven't heard both songs in probably 2 years or so. And if I can remember how both songs went. I think I had always L.O.V.E. both of those songs the same. But if I had to choose between them. It will definitely be Give In To Me I would choose the most. Especially since the Dangerous album is my number 1 favorite MJ album.

I haven't heard both songs in probably 2 years or so. And if I can remember how both songs went. I think I had always L.O.V.E. both of those songs the same. But if I had to choose between them. It will definitely be Give In To Me I would choose the most. Especially since the Dangerous album is my number 1 favorite MJ album.

Hi,

Just to let you know, you have typed 'years' instead of 'days' in your post above.

Tony

Hi,

Just to let you know, you have typed 'years' instead of 'days' in your post above.

Tony

Yeah I know I typed years. Because that was the last time I had listen to those songs. Until this topic was made. I kind of forgotten that those MJ songs even existed. Because of my major depression over what had happen to Michael. I very rarely listen to him anymore. It was this past summer the last time I had really listen to him. The music I prefer to hear mostly now is my Bollywood music. Since thanks to that evil nameless monster that cause this depression of mine. By doing what he did. Being an MJ fan is something I can very, very hardly call myself now.:(

Tough question. I love both songs so much.
Dirty Diana for me though. It's just perfect to me, it's so autobiographical and cinematic. When I hear the song I can picture it like I was there. Then there's that show stopping breakdown in the middle, and his voice on this is amazing (one of his greatest vocal performances ever ) you can really feel that pain.
I do love Give In To Me though. It's a very close second, the song is breath-taking, every second of that song just builds the tension and the urgency in Michael's voice is so powerful. Two of my favourite songs

Dirty Diana is more traditional rock and roll and Give In To Me is like Grunge. Give In To Me is my favorite, but I'd pick Dirty Diana as a straight up rock song.

Tough one indeed,I love both songs,Dirty Diana is from the magical Bad era when I became an MJ fan but I love Give In To Me also,I think that song is very underrated or at least doesn't get the recognition it deserves....aggh,I can't decide...so I'm not going to.....both are excellent and that will do for me.:D

Last edited:
No contest. Give Into Me. And excuse me....GITM grunge? No freaking way. Have you even heard grunge music? This song doesn't come close to that garbage.

hehe I knew this would be hard one! I should have made a poll.. To respond to a fella above me saying that GITM is underrated, I have to say no. I mean yeah, it's underrated outside of the fan community like half of MJ's catalogue but within these walls people always pay respect and reverence to this great song.

I will never understand the reasoning of not including this song on The a Dangerous Tour.

Yeah, GITM is definitely not grunge. Grunge became big after the release of Dangerous and I don't really think MJ was inspired to write this song by the grunge underground. I just don't think he was inspired that kind of music. In fact, we know he was inspired by the Beatles (not that it's in the Beatles style).

Yeah, GITM is definitely not grunge. Grunge became big after the release of Dangerous and I don't really think MJ was inspired to write this song by the grunge underground. I just don't think he was inspired that kind of music. In fact, we know he was inspired by the Beatles (not that it's in the Beatles style).

Actually I believe the video for GITM was definitely inspired by the grunge scene, Seattle rock to be more specific. But the song? No.

I will never understand the reasoning of not including this song on The a Dangerous Tour.

You could say the same about most of the tracks on Dangerous.

The Dangerous tour did very little to showcase the brilliance of the Dangerous album.

You could say the same about most of the tracks on Dangerous.

The Dangerous tour did very little to showcase the brilliance of the Dangerous album.

I agree. I actually think MJ did a better job representing Dangerous on the HIStory tour.

GITM.

Because Dirty Diana is too repetive for my taste...

Give In To Me, definitely. I love Slash's guitar work. They always did great work. Plus, Michael is lookin' good in the video (as always):greenD:

I think I'm actually a fan of the demo of Give In To Me more than anything. I'm enamored with the long ooh's from 4:13 onward.

Back