Inspirational Songs War!!!!

Which Is Your Favorite?

• Keep Your Head Up (Michael-2010)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hold My Hand (Ft. Akon) (Michael- 2010)

• Man In The Mirror (BAD- 1987)

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Cry (Invincible- 2001)

• The Lost Children (Invincible- 2001)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Keep The Faith (Dangerous- 1991)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Will You Be There (Dangerous- 1991)

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • HIStory (HIStory- 1996)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Proud Member
Here are a list of MJ's inspirational songs! Which is your favorite?
  1. -Man In The Mirror
  2. -Keep Your Head Up
  3. -Hold My Hand (Ft. Akon)
  4. -Cry
  5. -The Lost Children
  6. -Keep The Faith
  7. -Will You Be There
  8. -HIStory

I wouldn't call some of those war songs per say but you forgot 3 songs

Be Now Always
Man Of War
We've Had Enough

I might have to think about this one

Edit* oh man I'm sorry I misread the thread title!

Ugh. Keep Your Head Up? So a song by an impersonator is better than MJ's own masterpieces? Sorry, I do not want to derail the tread, but it just makes me so sad to see things like this when fans rate a fake song over MJ's own fantastic work.

Anyway, if I had to pick from those then Will You Be There and Man In The Mirror.

Last edited:
I would have added "We are the World" and "Heal the World" over any songs from the 'Michael album. But I go with "Man in the Mirror" for best inspirational song.

Poll rendered redundant by the inclusion of Keep Your Head Up.

And before moderators come in and accuse me of derailing the thread, can we please remember that Michael stood for TRUTH and stood by his convictions and what he believed to be true. I think MJJC should take a stand on this issue. I understand their reluctance to divide the fanbase, but I personally feel it is more important to stand up for the integrity of Michael's art, even if it means alienating a few fans.

1. Man In The Mirror
2. Will You Be There
3. We've Had Enough
4. On The Line
5. Someone Put Your Hand Out
6. One More Chance
7. Keep The Faith
8. Cry

Ugh. Keep Your Head Up? So a song by an impersonator is better than MJ's own masterpieces? Sorry, I do not want to derail the tread, but it just makes me so sad to see things like this when fans rate a fake song over MJ's own fantastic work.

Anyway, if I had to pick from those then Will You Be There and Man In The Mirror.

Same here!

Man In The Mirror and Will You Be There are my fave songs from the list!

Nobody said Keep Your Head Up was better than anything. I know it is Malachi but it is still under Michael's name therefore it counts. I'm not saying it's better than anything because of cause, it can't be.

Here are a list of MJ's inspirational songs! Which is your favorite?
  1. -Man In The Mirror
  2. -Keep Your Head Up
  3. -Hold My Hand (Ft. Akon)
  4. -Cry
  5. -The Lost Children
  6. -Keep The Faith
  7. -Will You Be There
  8. -HIStory

From the songs you listed I would rank them best to worst:

1. Man In The Mirror
2. History
3. The Lost Children
4. Will You Be There
5. Cry
6. Keep The Faith
7. Hold My Hand

Keep Your Head Up is by far the
worst of all the songs you listed, and not just because it isn't Michael singing. The song is just rubbish and I don't believe Michael would've ever recorded something like that.

Nobody said Keep Your Head Up was better than anything. I know it is Malachi but it is still under Michael's name therefore it counts. I'm not saying it's better than anything because of cause, it can't be.

Well, the list you gave in your first post gave the impression that you place it on second place, above Michael's own masterpieces such as Will You Be There. And to be honest I don't get you. So you agree that it's a fake song, but you still include it in a poll like this just because it was released under MJ's name on an album that MJ himself did not have any control over? So if they decide to release any crap under his name from now on, let's just include it in his official discography because it is released under his name? Sorry, but that does not make any sense and it's insulting to MJ.

Well, the list you gave in your first post gave the impression that you place it on second place, above Michael's own masterpieces such as Will You Be There. And to be honest I don't get you. So you agree that it's a fake song, but you still include it in a poll like this just because it was released under MJ's name on an album that MJ himself did not have any control over? So if they decide to release any crap under his name from now on, let's just include it in his official discography because it is released under his name? Sorry, but that does not make any sense and it's insulting to MJ.

Oh, no sorry my BAD, they're in no particular order, I see where you're coming from now. I just slapped them down, didn't think of the order.

Sorry, thought it was a good thread idea, then the first song I see is Keep Your Head Up?!?!?

Anyway, I don't like answering MITM as he didn't write it, but lyrically it is the most inspirational I guess.

Also, not necessarily the whole song, but these lyrics from WBSS. Perfect.

Lift Your Head Up High
And Scream Out To The World
I Know I Am Someone
And Let The Truth Unfurl
No One Can Hurt You Now
Because You Know What's True
Yes, I Believe In Me
So You Believe In You

Cant bring myself to do the poll. Seeing Keep Your Head Up absolutely boggles me.

HIStory is the most inspirational song for me

No force of nature can break your will to self motivate.... Good lord sing it!

So this poll as Keep Your Head up, but it doesn't have Heal The World, We Are The World and We Are Here To Change The World? Mind boggling

Even though Michael didn't write Man in the Mirror, he OWNED that song in its recording and live performances. It's a Michael song to me and my favorite from the list, followed closely by Will You Be There.

I always think of Can You Feel It as Michael's first social awareness/inspirational song. {Just thoughts.}

Even though Michael didn't write Man in the Mirror, he OWNED that song in its recording and live performances. It's a Michael song to me and my favorite from the list, followed closely by Will You Be There.

I always think of Can You Feel It as Michael's first social awareness/inspirational song. {Just thoughts.}

Oh yeah. 100% agree. It's just that I feel a bit 'unfaithful' choosing that one over so many great ones he's written!

Of the songs included in the poll I would call Will You Be There his absolute best. Powerhouse vocal performance and composition.

I will also freely admit that I enjoy Keep Your Head Up, and would call it better than Cry (my opinion of course). Impersonator controversy aside for a moment, it's wonderfully composed and very catchy in its original demo state. Had Michael completely revamped the borderline mediocre lyrics and recorded it I'm sure it would have been a smash with the fans.

Of the songs included in the poll I would call Will You Be There his absolute best. Powerhouse vocal performance and composition.

I will also freely admit that I enjoy Keep Your Head Up, and would call it better than Cry (my opinion of course). Impersonator controversy aside for a moment, it's wonderfully composed and very catchy in its original demo state. Had Michael completely revamped the borderline mediocre lyrics and recorded it I'm sure it would have been a smash with the fans.

Hehe, i have to admit the only thing saving Cry is Michael's vocal. Considering all the songs that we're created and considerd for Vince it perplexes me that Cry made the final cut.

Hehe, i have to admit the only thing saving Cry is Michael's vocal. Considering all the songs that we're created and considerd for Vince it perplexes me that Cry made the final cut.

I don't mind it, but for choice of 2nd single is mind-boggling.

Lazy record company execs. You can imagine the meeting.....

Exec 1: "We need to choose a second single from Invincible"
Exec 2: "Has anyone listened to the album?"
Exec 1: "No, but look, R Kelly has written one"
Exec 2: "Great. He wrote that 'You Are Not Alone" off of his last record. That was massive, went straight in at #1."
Exec 1: "Sounds like a plan. But shouldn't we listen to it first, make sure it's of the same quality?"
Exec 2: "We could do, but it's lunchtime. Just make sure we have a shite video to go with it."
Exec 1: "Cool"

Cant bring myself to do the poll. Seeing Keep Your Head Up absolutely boggles me.

HIStory is the most inspirational song for me

No force of nature can break your will to self motivate.... Good lord sing it!

Oh yes! those lyrics ALWAYS gets me. One of the all time favorite inspirational lyrics by Michael. Brilliant!

Couldn't agree with you more. That is the only inspirational song that I dislike from Michael - thank goodness he did not write it. It truly bores me to tears. lol

I don't mind it, but for choice of 2nd single is mind-boggling.

Lazy record company execs. You can imagine the meeting.....

Exec 1: "We need to choose a second single from Invincible"
Exec 2: "Has anyone listened to the album?"
Exec 1: "No, but look, R Kelly has written one"
Exec 2: "Great. He wrote that 'You Are Not Alone" off of his last record. That was massive, went straight in at #1."
Exec 1: "Sounds like a plan. But shouldn't we listen to it first, make sure it's of the same quality?"
Exec 2: "We could do, but it's lunchtime. Just make sure we have a shite video to go with it."
Exec 1: "Cool"

Lol haha this was so funny that I had to make a meme. A little bit revamped

2e4jggj.jpg

Last edited:
Man in the Mirror

But the most antiwar song is We've had enough IMO.

Back