Michael Jackson LA mural removed?

Looks great and all, but if a new owner/business doesn't want an MJ mural (let alone any art), what can ya do

Is this the one just off Hollywood Boulevard? I was there hunting for it a few months ago and drew a blank.

What??? That's heartbreaking. I spent summer 2014 doing an internship in Hollywood, it was the best two months of my life. I lived just down the street from that mural, and passed it literally every day on my walks to and from work. It was always so epic to see, especially since "Black Or White" is my favorite MJ song and that's the song the image was from. I can't believe it's gone... wow. :'(

Is this the one just off Hollywood Boulevard? I was there hunting for it a few months ago and drew a blank.

Yes, I believe so. It was 'opposite the Greyhound station' and just up the road from the capitol records building, from other photos I have seen.

This kind of 'cultural vandalism' is very disappointing. This mural doesn't just represent Michael, but also a landmark in USA popular entertainment (the Superbowl concert). It must have cost the building owner quite a lot in paint and manpower to remove it. Why not just let the elements take their course, and let it naturally fade over the years? I hope that the artist can find another place and create another piece, one day.

^rpvee, how great that you were able to see this every day, at least for a while... I would have loved to have seen this mural, even just once.... It was on my list of 'sights I hoped to see one day.... :(

Back