Michael Jackson-Signed 'Thriller' Contract To Be Auctioned This Week

Erika 23

Proud Member
Michael Jackson-Signed 'Thriller' Contract to Be Auctioned This Week

The contract between Michael Jackson's Optimum Productions and the Screen Actors Guild for the epic music video "Thriller" will be auctioned by Nate D. Sanders Auctions on February 26. Interested bidders may participate in the auction online.

Jackson signed the security agreement contract in Los Angeles on October 10, 1983. Attached to the contract is a December 1983 certification document from the U.S. Copyright Office/Library of Congress.

The contact covered payment and SAG requirements for two-dozen actors in the video. The contract had to be signed prior to production.

Jackson's groundbreaking 13-minute video was shot in downtown Los Angeles in October 1983. "Thriller" is one of the most popular music videos of all-time, selling over 9 million copies. Additionally, "Thriller" was MTV's first world premiere video, launching the network into pop culture fame.

In 1984, "Thriller" won a Grammy for Best Video Album. The following year, it was awarded a Grammy for Best Long Form Music Video. "Thriller" won three MTV Awards in 1984, "Viewer's Choice," "Best Choreography" and "Best Overall Performance in a Video."

In 2009, the Library of Congress added "Thriller" to the National Film Registry. It remains the first and only music video to be selected.

Bidding for the contract begins at $25,000.

Additional information on the "Thriller" contract can be found at http://natedsanders.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=35422.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmus...r-Contract-to-Be-Auctioned-This-Week-20150223

Hah, who ever was/is selling Michael's stuff, got nothing

Current Bidding
Minimum Bid: $25,000
Number of Bids: 0
Available: $25000

It sure would be nice for one item from his memorabilia to be awarded to his hometown. It would be nice to see that for a change, Gary, Indiana gets lost out in this story

It sure would be nice for one item from his memorabilia to be awarded to his hometown. It would be nice to see that for a change, Gary, Indiana gets lost out in this story
Well, they still have his family home there-and doesn't Roosevelt High behind them have some memorabilia in their display case? I thought I read that awhile back.

I would be so careful when it comes to MJ signatures. of course, this could be real. But I dont trust people about signatures anymore. You can fake such things SO easy. You will NEVER have a proof whether this is authentic or not. And certificates of autenticities dont proof anything. I always doubt even more when it comes with a COA because who can PROOF the authenticity? Only Michael could (probably).

So many fakes on ebay and all the signatures sold in all the famous auctions are maybe 99% FAKE. But as long as people believe in it, the seller can be happy to make lots of money.

If an official Michael Jackson Museum ever happens, it should be in Gary (where he was born and where it all started). If it doesn't, put that precious artifact in the Smithsonian. It sure as hell shouldn't be in Germany or anywhere outside of the US. The birthplace and/or homeland of historical figures are the no-brainer first choice for an official museum.

Maybe one of his kids might want it someday? Everything doesn't have to be sold or put in a museum. Julian Lennon had to buy personal items of his father's that were auctioned off (a lot of it by his stepmom from hell, Yoko Ono). How sad!

Sheila that is what is needing in Gary a Museum and you are right if it every happen.

My vote for the proper museum (even though I won't get one) has and always will be Hayvenhurst. :)

Well, they still have his family home there-and doesn't Roosevelt High behind them have some memorabilia in their display case? I thought I read that awhile back.

You know what the time i have been in the high school the only place we have been is the Aud where he sung on the stage Climb Every Montain in the talent show i really have not seen anything. You know Gary does not own the High school anymore is own by the state so it is a academy now so i am not sure if their can display anything on Michael that why you have the house.

That why Gary need a museum there to display Michael items in his home town.

Michael mom did something new last year their have events at the convention there and it was early not around Michael birthday do you remember that it was Aug 20-22 the family was not going to be in town for his birthday their went to Michael One for his birthday last year.

Back