Your Number One Fav. Michael Jackson Album Of All Time

YOUR Favorite Michael Jackson Album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zakk

Proud Member
This isn't based on sales or other peoples influence, it is your OWN opinion and decision based on your feeling's in regards to quality/production/vocals & songwriting. Overall i choose 'BAD'! that album is a masterpiece. Simple.

Overall quality - Dangerous
Production - HIStory
Vocals - every album from Bad - Invincible
Songwriting - Bad

Don't have one, but growing up in the late 80's I went through so many copies of Bad on cassette. That album was sprinkled with pop magic! As of now though there all fantastic & uniquely MJ in their own way, & yes, uncluding Invincible. For the sake of the poll I'll vote Bad, but just know, they are all my children! :D

OTW: the 1st child that gets slightly overlooked & is jealous of the 2nd child getting all the attention.

Thriller: the one everyone loves & can do no wrong. The golden child of which the 1st is jealous.

Bad: the rebel, the one who surprises everyone with its different image & won't do what it's told.

Dangerous: the one that's in & out of relationships & won't settle down. Happy one minute, angry the next. Moody.

HIStory: the one that's been through the mill & had a bad rap, misunderstood but when you get to know him/her a wonderful person that you got all wrong until you took the time.

Invincible: the black sheep! Completely different, out of sync, unlike the others & rarely invited to the reunions. Confused, all over the place, too much going on, but hey, their still my kid no matter how much you try to disown him/her!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have one, but growing up in the late 80's I went through so many copies of Bad on cassette. That album was sprinkled with pop magic! As of now though there all fantastic & uniquely MJ in their own way, & yes, uncluding Invincible. For the sake of the poll I'll vote Bad, but just know, they are all my children! :D

OTW: the 1st child that gets slightly overlooked & is jealous of the 2nd child getting all the attention.

Thriller: the one everyone loves & can do no wrong. The golden child of which the 1st is jealous.

Bad: the rebel, the one who surprises everyone with its different image & won't do what it's told.

Dangerous: the one that's in & out of relationships & won't settle down. Happy one minute, angry the next. Moody.

HIStory: the one that's been through the mill & had a bad rap, misunderstood but when you get to know him/her a wonderful person that you got all wrong until you took the time.

Invincible: the black sheep! Completely different, out of sync, unlike the others & rarely invited to the reunions. Confused, all over the place, too much going on, but hey, their still my kid no matter how much you try to disown him/her!

:D

And then there are the bastard kids, Destiny and Triumph. :p

And then there are the bastard kids, Destiny and Triumph. :p
We were on a break!! :D
No, the bastard kid would be "Michael."
Michael is the long lost relative who turns up on your doorstep when you've won or inherited a lot of money, claiming to be much closer to the family than true. Not so much a blood relative, but a son/daughter of your fathers great great grandfathers, stepsisters adopted niece/ nephew!

I was torn between Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad because I not only love them, but love them with insane passion.
But Bad slightly edges them out because I remember waiting so long for it and thought I couldn't wait another second for it to be released.

'Xscape' is just that awesome cousin that you have a blast with at times.. but Michael's studio work are an expression of true charisma and genius blessed from the heavens above! great choices and stories guys :) i remember when i first heard a little of 'The Way You Make Me Feel' on holiday in 2004, i just had to find out who was singing so i asked my uncle and he told me it was ''MICHAEL JACKSON!'' yeah.. he had a lot of passion for his music back then.. HUGE SPEAKERS ;) so i came back and i heard MITM.. rest is HIStory ;)

Dangerous

But all albums have such wonderful songs and great hits...

It used to be Thriller as I considered it his most 'balanced' album in terms of combining the laid-back grooves of his J5/Jacksons/early solo work with the greater sense of dread and lyrical complexity of his later output.

I've gravitated towards OTW since then, though, as it doesn't sound as compromised as Thriller in an aim to be commercial. If that makes sense.

I honestly can't pick my all time favorite. It's between Bad, Dangerous and HIStory. I wanna go with Dangerous because of RTT, WYBT, Who Is It, BoW, ITC and Dangerous. But then there is Tabloid Junkie, TDCAU, Scream, DS, and 2Bad. Like it's not enough then you have Bad including TWYMMF, Bad, MITM, Smooth Criminal, Liberian Girl, Another Part Of Me, Dirty Diana and IJCSLY.

Damn it. Can I choose for BaDangerouStory?

Easily one of the most difficult questions I'm regularly asked. This and "What's your favorite song by Michael?"

I'm following Doggone above in that my choices are narrowed down to Bad, Dangerous and HIStory. Each album gets points for creativity, especially in the shadow of its predecessor, and each is filled with absolutely phenomenal songs. Dangerous only struggles because half of the tracks struggle through Teddy Riley's new jack swing, which is hit and miss overall. But then there's Who Is It and Will You Be There...

The Way You Make Me Feel has always been one of my favorite songs from Michael, and Just Good Friends is criminally underrated. The same can be said for almost anything on HIStory - particularly Tabloid Junkie, Stranger in Moscow and Money.

Yeah... I'm going with BaDangerouStory too.

Since I am listening to HIStory right now I would say HIStory if I should vote now. :lol:

TDCAU is playing very loud right now! - Amazing song. Strong lyrics, angry vocals. - Everything is perfect!!

HIStory is a masterpiece !

This is the easiest Michael Jackson related question I get asked. The only question that requires absolutely no thought

WHOS BAD?

Bad my favourite album ever.

Before I used to say BAD and Dangerous, but now I love Off The Wall, Thriller, BAD, Dangerous, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor all equally. All those albums are brilliant works of genius, and it's impossible for me to choose one over the other

Dangerous is the best album for me. It is so diverse in genres and lyrics and themes, it's awesome! Plus the cover art is mind-blowing and completely outta this world!

Back