Motown 25 Rebroadcast Airing Tonight at 8PM

RockOrBluesInNorway

Proud Member
So the full Motown 25 concert will air tonight at 8PM, it hasn't been aired since it's original broadcast in '83.

Here's more info about it: https://www.facebook.com/mjworldnetwork?fref=ts

Now, before I end this post, I would like to ask you a question, I don't live in the US, so I won't air here, but I was wondering if any of you know about a website to any of the TV stations broadcasting it? So I could I could watch it online? I would really like to watch it. Thank you.

Last edited:
So the full Motown 25 concert will air tonight at 8PM, it hasn't been aired since it's original broadcast in '83.

Here's more info about it: https://www.facebook.com/mjworldnetwork?fref=ts

Now, before I end this post, I would like to ask you a question, I don't live in the US, so I won't air here, but I was wondering if any of you know about a website to any of the TV stations broadcasting it? So I could I could watch it online? I would really like to watch it. Thank you.
I'm searching for it for you and coming up empty so far. Our PBS station here has tons of shows, but nothing on Motown, but a commercial. I'm checking in other cities and they're all doing the same thing so far. Maybe it's something to do with the fund raising. :(

Try this one in Maryland-it looks the most promising. http://www.mpt.org/home/

Last edited:
I looked on those stations, do you think they will put the show up on their site after it has aired? I see tons of shows you can watch online so do you think they'll do that?

I looked on those stations, do you think they will put the show up on their site after it has aired? I see tons of shows you can watch online so do you think they'll do that?
Yes, I do. I was really upset that I missed an American Masters show last year, and I got on the Houston PBS site and found that show and a lot of others that I also wanted to see. It was great.

I think they'll do the same thing here. The show tonight is 2 hours-and then it repeats itself for 3 hours. Either they're going to have a ton of fund raising or maybe show some of the scenes from the TimeLife DVD. I know they're supposed to have some interviews.

Yes, I do. I was really upset that I missed an American Masters show last year, and I got on the Houston PBS site and found that show and a lot of others that I also wanted to see. It was great.

I think they'll do the same thing here. The show tonight is 2 hours-and then it repeats itself for 3 hours. Either they're going to have a ton of fund raising or maybe show some of the scenes from the TimeLife DVD. I know they're supposed to have some interviews.

What do you mean by "reapeat itself for 3 hours"?. And do you think they'll put the whole 2 hour show up? Sorry for nagging, but I really wanna see this show :p

What do you mean by "reapeat itself for 3 hours"?. And do you think they'll put the whole 2 hour show up? Sorry for nagging, but I really wanna see this show :p

I don't blame you at all. I watched it in 83 and went bezerk. I have it on VHS and I STILL want to see it tonight. 2 1/2 more hours!! :)

What I meant is that it's on here from 7-9. Then at 9:00 it looks like it starts over again and runs til 12. It has the same description in the TV Guide so I'm not sure what they're doing. Just maybe longer commercial breaks for the repeat and that's when they do interviews and fund raising for the stations.

Cool! Except I have no idea where to go on the site xD
Over to the right, it said to watch online. But when I clicked that on, it took me to the same screen as here in Houston, Tx-which has older shows. So it looks like it's not going to work for live at the same time.

I'm the most inept person at internet stuff though-maybe somebody else will find a link!!!

I don't blame you at all. I watched it in 83 and went bezerk. I have it on VHS and I STILL want to see it tonight. 2 1/2 more hours!! :)

What I meant is that it's on here from 7-9. Then at 9:00 it looks like it starts over again and runs til 12. It has the same description in the TV Guide so I'm not sure what they're doing. Just maybe longer commercial breaks for the repeat and that's when they do interviews and fund raising for the stations.

Oh okay, Well, I hope I can somehow manage to navigate through that site you linked me :p otherwise I'll have to wait untill tomorrow to see if they made it available online. If not I'll just pray to god that someone recorded it and uploads it somewhere! Anyway, enjoy the show!

Over to the right, it said to watch online. But when I clicked that on, it took me to the same screen as here in Houston, Tx-which has older shows. So it looks like it's not going to work for live at the same time.

I'm the most inept person at internet stuff though-maybe somebody else will find a link!!!

Well, I'll just have to wait and see. Guess that's the downside of not living in the US :p

Rock. They just said the after show was going to be rehearsal footage and interviews. Yes!!!
I'm going over to the thread on the news site to see if anyone else is watching. Maybe there's a link for you.
3 minutes til show time!!

Rock. They just said the after show was going to be rehearsal footage and interviews. Yes!!!
I'm going over to the thread on the news site to see if anyone else is watching. Maybe there's a link for you.
3 minutes til show time!!

Cool! thank you!

Cool! thank you!
Hi-just wanted to tell you (even tho you probably figured out from the comments in the News section) that you did NOT miss much with the PBS version of Motown 25. They cut the show to ribbons-just to make more time for the pledge drive. And they had a few tiny interviews-but not much.
It was exciting to watch it on TV again-but that just made me want to see the whole thing with my VHS version. :)

The entire show should be released on Blu-Ray.

And hope to see the rehearsals in full one day.

The entire show should be released on Blu-Ray.

And hope to see the rehearsals in full one day.

We'll never see the full unedited show. Especially after the Diana Ross Mary Wilson fiasco

Back