Michael Jackson's BAD World Tour: Future Blu-Ray Release?

How Would You Like To See The BAD Tour Blu-Ray Conducted?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zakk

Proud Member
As many of you know, i have long been doing research on the filming regimes of this tour. Not only reading many articles over the past few years, but also speaking with those who Michael worked with. Including: Warren Eagles (who confirmed that two full Wembley shows were shot in 16/35mm, he edited the reels and he was at one of the shows), David Powell (who confirmed that Aintree was shot in full) & Richard Lecocq (who confirmed that Michael had some of his shows from this tour filmed in full: 16 & 35mm).

In addition, there's an email to a fan by Will Pecchi confirming that miles of film negs were shot including shows/moments with Michael and behind the scenes from 1987. My question is, if the release does indeed happen.. how would you like to see it conducted? would you like a 1987 show? 1988 unedited Blu-Ray of Aintree? a montage of the second leg? or a montage of the entire tour? or are you perhaps content with the July 16th DVD we have at the moment? discuss below, and vote in the poll. I for one would like to see a montage of the second leg, with rehearsal footage and the 1987 exclusive performances as bonus features.

I'd like to have a double disk set. Disk one can be BAD Tour 1987 (I'd like the show with Stevie Wonder) and disk two can be BAD Tour 1988 (Any show from that will do)

I feel like you've made this thread before several times, but phrased differently.

But anyhoo, a montage as long as it flowed as if it were one cohesive show.

I'd like to have a double disk set. Disk one can be BAD Tour 1987 (I'd like the show with Stevie Wonder) and disk two can be BAD Tour 1988 (Any show from that will do)

Yeah, Warren Declared that there is some film footage from the Australian shows also! and you can see a film camera during SOOML in the leaked half concert we currently have...

I feel like you've made this thread before several times, but phrased differently.

But anyhoo, a montage as long as it flowed as if it were one cohesive show.

I've never created a poll for the fans, i will mail it to the online team later... and great idea!

Beyonce's I AM World Tour dvd is a good example. She did a mix of her entire tour, but it flowed very much like it was one big show. When she interacted with the crowd, they would cut to different cities to show the broad range of fans, too.
I could see this working well with something like the girls he got on stage for She's Out Of My Life and stuff.

MTV 1988 Compilation

Snippets from the 1987 performances

Last edited:
I voted Liverpool(Aintree) concert but any Bad Tour concert would be great in HD. I would be ok with any of them that are on film. We shouldn't request for any particlular concert. :)

Any 1988 concert:

1987 concert would be great too:

I hope Estate would make some kind of statement if the Blu-Ray release is even possible. I just want to know.

Last edited:
I'd prefer them focus on a 1988 concert first. That one had the better setlist

I'd prefer them focus on a 1988 concert first. That one had the better setlist

I agree, would be nice to hear more of the multitrack vocals like they did with 'Smooth Criminal' just before the front of house live track kicks in

And I'd like to release a complete 1988 concert with The Way You Make Me Feel

Would people mind if they use stereo audio, if they can't match up syncing with the multi's?

I would go for the triple disc set for the Bad Tour. 1st for Rome 88', 2nd for Wembley 88' (July 22nd) and 3rd for Liverpool 88'.

I'd just like whatever show has most energy and electric performance- with a great crowd.

Couldnt care less about the quality.

I would go for the triple disc set for the Bad Tour. 1st for Rome 88', 2nd for Wembley 88' (July 22nd) and 3rd for Liverpool 88'.

Great ideas, but i think Wembley July 14th & 23rd were the two shot on film.. just check out the split screen with the high def snippets from BAD 25 ;)

3 discs,

1. A concert from 1987, preferably from Australia but any unseen concert from 87 would suffice

2. An early concert from 88 (Kansas, MSG etc) If they don't have a Hi-Def copy of a concert from one of the earlier shows then any other show would suffice.

3. Now this depends, if they have a HD copy of an early show from 88 then the third disc should be rehearsals but if they don't then the third disc should be a early concert in whatever existing state.

Did Michael sing Smooth Criminal, Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel live at Kansas? I know he did it at Madison Square Garden

3 discs,

1. A concert from 1987, preferably from Australia but any unseen concert from 87 would suffice

2. An early concert from 88 (Kansas, MSG etc) If they don't have a Hi-Def copy of a concert from one of the earlier shows then any other show would suffice.

3. Now this depends, if they have a HD copy of an early show from 88 then the third disc should be rehearsals but if they don't then the third disc should be a early concert in whatever existing state.

I think 2 discs would be enough, i mean.. we shouldn't expect more than just one show. First disc imo should be a montage of footage from Kansas - Los Angeles 1989, backstage and on the road footage included. Second disc should be the 1987 exclusive performances, with 1987 & 1988 rehearsals also featuring footage of Michael's time in Australia & Japan

Did Michael sing Smooth Criminal, Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel live at Kansas? I know he did it Madison Square Garden

He did indeed, i think March 5th was the last time those song's were performed with live vocals (minus TYWMMF as Tatiana was fired of course)

He did indeed, i think March 5th was the last time those song's were performed with live vocals (minus TYWMMF as Tatiana was fired of course)

Is there a source for this?

His vocals sound great, but you can see the dancing evolved as the tour went on

I think 2 discs would be enough, i mean.. we shouldn't expect more than just one show. First disc imo should be a montage of footage from Kansas - Los Angeles 1989, backstage and on the road footage included. Second disc should be the 1987 exclusive performances, with 1987 & 1988 rehearsals also featuring footage of Michael's time in Australia & Japan

The more the merrier. In all honesty, just give us a high definition 1988 concert on blu ray and I'll be more than satisfied.

(in reference to that MTV montage thing on the first page)
it's still hilarious to me that an old piece of tape from an MTV special using master copies of Bad Tour shows and then edited for tape to air on MTV and then taped by a fan and then digitized years later and put on youtube STILL looks more crystal clear than the Wembley tape did.

I'm still very bitter of using the excuse of "we didn't have the u-matic or multi tracks for another u-matic show" nonsense.
Every time I watch the dvd, I'm really just making the best out of a BAD (huh huh) situation.

(in reference to that MTV montage thing on the first page)
it's still hilarious to me that an old piece of tape from an MTV special using master copies of Bad Tour shows and then edited for tape to air on MTV and then taped by a fan and then digitized years later and put on youtube STILL looks more crystal clear than the Wembley tape did.

I'm still very bitter of using the excuse of "we didn't have the u-matic or multi tracks for another u-matic show" nonsense.
Every time I watch the dvd, I'm really just making the best out of a BAD (huh huh) situation.

I didn't really want a live CD, if they didn't have the negatives archived in time then i would have preferred to have seen a BetaCam transfer of the Munich show, to tide us over until a future Blu-Ray! have you seen the snippets from the German shows? wow

In addition to a future Blu-Ray, i'd love to see some of the best shows that were shot on BetaCam.. as part of a collectors label, or a download portal

I'm thankful that the Wembley concert was released and I have watched it many times but the quality is not very good. It's not very enjoyable to watch because of that. Bad Tour deserves better. It would be a crime not to release Bad Tour in HD if it's possible.

Last edited:
Back