Michael performing at Studio 54?

HIStory

Proud Member
We know he visited the place regularly at a time, but apparently he also peformed there once.

377195-5817d24a-5245-11e4-a40d-833ddda6a9b8.jpg

Michael Jackson performs at Studio 54 in New York City, circa 1975. Photo by John Kelly/Ebet Roberts/Redferns/Getty Images Source: Getty Images

Though I don't think the date is correct. Should rather be 1977-79 IMO.

It's from this article which is about a book written by Mark Fleischman: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-the-famous-club/story-fna50uae-1227088376423

The article has this other mention of MJ:

Fleischman said that Michael Jackson used the DJ booth to dance away from the crowd, and Halston used it to do drugs out of sight.

Their are cameras there, so maybe we will see some of the footage in OTW docu?

We know he visited the place regularly at a time, but apparently he also peformed there once.

Though I don't think the date is correct. Should rather be 1977-79 IMO.

It's from this article which is about a book written by Mark Fleischman: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-the-famous-club/story-fna50uae-1227088376423

The article has this other mention of MJ:
I didn't realize Michael frequented Studio 54 at all after Rubell left. Interesting. It's hard for me to see (although I blew it up), but the dance pose while singing looks more like 'Rock With You'-maybe about '81 when he did the "Diana" special?

(and I'm pretty sure that Studio 54 opened in 77)

Since the resolution is small it's really hard to tell but I think it's OTW era, after he cut his hair and when switched from his disco outfits to jeans. It doesn't look like the 'fro look to me.

Wow, great find, that's incredibly interesting!

Since the resolution is small it's really hard to tell but I think it's OTW era, after he cut his hair and when switched from his disco outfits to jeans. It doesn't look like the 'fro look to me.
I agree, it's hard to tell but definitely looks like '79 or '80.

Back