Michael Jackson's pet alligators in animal park fire

barbee0715

Proud Member
I didn't see this posted anywhere, and it's been making the news for the last week. Wasn't sure where to post it, but it's kinda horrific, but really, really sad. I don't really understand this-especially since they think an "animal rights" group started the fire.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...on-alligator-burned-alive-20150403-story.html

Michael Jackson’s beloved pet alligators were killed in a fire at an exotic-animal park in Oklahoma, the park owner said.

The late pop star’s seven alligators and a crocodile died in the March 26 blaze that also destroyed a video production studio at Garold Wayne Interactive Zoological Park in Wynnewood, Okla., said owner Joe Schreibvogel.

In a YouTube video, he said the animals were “boiling alive in a towering inferno” in the fire that occurred sometime between 2:30 and 4:30 a.m.

The exotic pets once belonged to the late musician and were taken from Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara County after it closed.

Garvin County Sheriff Larry Rhodes told the Oklahoman that deputies suspect arson because the park received a threat before the fire. He said the state’s fire marshal and the FBI were investigating the blaze.

But Schreibvogel believes the fire was a personal attack perpetrated by someone trying to “make a statement” and get him off the air.

Schreibvogel used the video production studio to host his own show, “Joe Exotic TV.”

“They might have shut me up for just a little while, but let me tell you they have awoken a monster,” he said. “Now, Joe Exotic is pissed off.”

The park has come under fire in the past.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has said the park is a “poorly run facility.”

For breaking news in California, follow @VeronicaRochaLA

<aside class="trb_embed trb_filmstrip" data-content-embedlocation="Embed + (1)" data-content-id="82616853" data-content-size="medium" data-content-type="gallery" data-content-subtype="premiumvideoplaylist" data-role="socialshare_item gallery carousel gallery_container imgsize_ratiosizecontainer lightbox_container" data-state=" gallery_captionClosed" data-carousel-options="moveby=1&filmstripcarousel=true" data-embed-id="82616853" style="margin: 40px 0px 40px 40px; padding: 0px; position: relative; width: 393.5px; overflow: visible; -webkit-transform: none; transform: none; float: right; clear: right; z-index: 50; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 10px;"><aside class="trb_embed " data-content-embedlocation="Embed + (1)" data-content-id="83185585" data-content-size="medium" data-content-type="video" data-content-subtype="embeddedvideo-ndn" data-role="socialshare_item mediamanager_container " data-state=" carousel_activepage " style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; -webkit-transition: transform 0.8s ease; transition: transform 0.8s ease; -webkit-transform: none; transform: none; position: relative; width: 393.5px; overflow: hidden; vertical-align: top; float: left; clear: right; z-index: initial;"><figure data-role="imgsize_item" class="trb_video_embeddedvideo_figure" imgheight="250" imgwidth="400" imgratio="16x9" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 221.34375px; position: relative; width: 393.5px; height: 0px; overflow: hidden;">
</figure>

</aside>
</aside><aside class="trb_panelmod_container" data-role="panelmod_container" data-panelmod-type="comments" style="margin: 20px 0px 20px 20px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 20px; float: right; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); clear: right; position: relative; z-index: 25; width: 150px; left: 20px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 10px;">

</aside>

I can't see animal rights activists killing animals, especially in such a horrific way. This guy is having financial difficulties from what I've read -- ordered to pay a $1M judgment -- so I think arson investigators should start there.

It's sad that so many of the animals have to come to tragic ends. This is why I'm so opposed to folks having exotic animals. Yes, that included MJ.

PETA people are fanatical terrorist killing more animals than the ones they claim to save. If they were ones who perpetrated the arson, it's disgusting. Why do innocent animals have to pay for people's shitty issues? At least Michael made sure his animals were treated with care, respect and dignity when he had them.

Very sad to see any animals suffer. A pet aligator isnt that an oxymoron! lol

PETA people are fanatical terrorist killing more animals than the ones they claim to save. If they were ones who perpetrated the arson, it's disgusting. Why do innocent animals have to pay for people's shitty issues? At least Michael made sure his animals were treated with care, respect and dignity when he had them.

This is so sad, for those animals. And, the quote above is correct. It's my opinion that PETA does immense harm to animals. They once released minks on a mink farm. Almost all of the animals were recaptured (I believe this was in Washington state?) and put back into cages, by twos. The problem was, minks mate for life, and were put into cages with "strangers" Nearly all the minks died, from fighting. PETA is well-known for actions like this.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ingrid Newkirk sent her sidekick terrorists to do that arson. I'm pro animal rights but I hate PETA because most of its member don't stand for ethical treatment of animals. Many of them are just a bunch of sociopaths claiming to be heroes. They claimed Michael's pets were mistreated when he closed Neverland.

People for ethical treatment of animals, bullshit! They euthanize them.

There's some pretty troubling undercover video by the Humane Society featuring Joe and his "sanctuary". PETA is extremist -- I'm still incredibly pissed off about that "shelter " they ran -- but they aren't wrong about this place and the stuff that goes on there.

Not sure if anyone remembers but when MJ shut Nevvy down and was in the process of finding new homes for the animals, PETA flew over the ranch and took photos and made absolutely ridiculous claims, such as the elephant pen was covered in blood, which was VERY clearly dead grass.

Terrible news awful to hear hose those animals were tortured during the fire. Someone must have a serious issue against the person who runs the place to do that

Peta give animals rights a bad name. they have no credibility and are seen imo as nutjobs

I can't see animal rights activists killing animals, especially in such a horrific way. This guy is having financial difficulties from what I've read -- ordered to pay a $1M judgment -- so I think arson investigators should start there.

It's sad that so many of the animals have to come to tragic ends. This is why I'm so opposed to folks having exotic animals. Yes, that included MJ.
I agree that this is absolutely horrible and tragic. And I'm glad Michael wasn't here to see it or hear about it. He tried so hard to give all of his animals the lives they deserved (many that he saved in the first place)-even to the length of building his own fire department on the grounds-after that tragic fire at Neverland. And when he shut the property down, he could have just let them all go to zoos or something and he really worked hard to and they did their due diligence to find perfect homes for everybody.

Peta had such a noble cause in the beginning-it's so sad to see it become such a terrorist group. It's like the extremists in anything, I guess-religion, politics-give everybody a bad name.

Peta had such a noble cause in the beginning-it's so sad to see it become such a terrorist group. It's like the extremists in anything, I guess-religion, politics-give everybody a bad name.

Yes, it's terribly sad that the extremists have taken over PETA. There was always a lunatic fringe wing but it was contained. The only thing I still applaud now is their uncover videos. (Horrific stuff but it needs to be exposed.) I support the pressure put on SeaWorld and Ringling Brothers too.

Personally I don't think animals should be forced to perform for our entertainment or be bought/sold as part of the exotic animal trade. I used to volunteer and still denote to the Wildlife Waystation and see firsthand how it ends for the animals a lot of the time.

Back