PDA

View Full Version : Paris wants to have deleted her fake Instagram-account

Annita
26-10-2015, 06:03 PM
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/paris-jackson-calls-out-fake-instagram-account-20152410

Shutting it down. Paris Jackson begged fans on Saturday, Oct. 24, to help her remove an impostor Instagram account that’s using her name

“I was hoping you guys could help get the account on Instagram deleted,” Jackson, 17, said in the video, which was shared on her boyfriend Chester Castellaw’s alleged page. “I don’t have a public account. Thank you so much.

According to the article Paris said she did not have a public Instagram account and wants the fake account to be deleted.

Can anyone post the video where she states this? If this is true I have really to ask who is running this account? It can be only a person from her personal environment or someone from her environment does feeding the person who runs the acoount. It has so much personal fotos from her every day live.
Anothher question is why doesn`t anyone from her family, expsecially her guardian request to delete this account because it is really a stalking of Paris.

SheilaMJFan4Ever
26-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Can't she report it to Instagram directly? What can fans do about it? I know with Facebook you can report fake pages, especially if someone is using your name/pic/info. Zuckerberg owns Instagram too, so there should be a way to flag the fake account.

#MJforever57
26-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Can Instagram remove the account? Is the family aware of this?

Same here what can the fans do?

SheilaMJFan4Ever
27-10-2015, 01:28 AM
Can Instagram remove the account? Is the family aware of this?

Same here what can the fans do?

I'm sure they can if she reports it. Someone was using one of my sisters' name/pic/info to start a fake page (on Facebook) and I reported it. My sister was contacted by Facebook about the reported fake page, then removed it once she verified that it was NOT her page. I'll have to look up how it's done on Instagram, but the reporting procedure can't be that different.

EDIT I just pulled up my Instagram account to see if there is a way to report something and I found it! I scrolled to the very bottom of my page, clicked SUPPORT, went to the PRIVACY and PROTECTION option, clicked on REPORT SOMETHING and it opened up a menu of various things to report, like hacked accounts, FAKE ACCOUNTS, duplicate accounts, etc.

HIStoric
27-10-2015, 02:28 AM
Oh awkward. I assumed it was probably her since it was always posting photos of her I hadn't seen. Goes without saying I unfollowed her (but I just noticed the imposters' Instagram has been made private recently).

Instead of just reporting it to Instagram, having it taken down only for another imposter to pop back up; She should contact Instagram, make a public profile under Instagram and have it verified (like The Weeknd's one is below, see the blue tick). She can then post one photo or a description that explains this is her official Instagram and that she does not actually have any public Instagrams she regularly posts to.

http://i.imgur.com/vGQlFAq.png

She had her Twitter verified a few years back and given her issues with Instagram imposters, I imagine they'd grant her a verification tick thingy?

barbee0715
27-10-2015, 05:08 AM
I had the TV on the other day and TMZ came on and I looked up when I heard Paris' name. They showed this 60 second clip where she asks fans for help to shut down the account-it's real fast, she talks real fast, and is smiling (almost laughing) and says she's not married. Period. She definitely wasn't desperate and begging.

I got the feeling it might be her real account, but it's making headlines since she added Castelaw as her new last name-I saw a zillion articles about it on my news feed and I pulled up a few-most of the commenters were mature women with teenage girls and the big thing now is to add their boyfriends last names to imagine what their name would look like if they were married.

Much like we used to write a guys name in our notebooks-along with ours kind of thing. All of these mothers acted like it was no big deal. In other words, it's a common schoolgirl thing. That's what made me think it was probably legit.

Since Paris used to have a verified Twitter account, she would know how to shut these downs or report fakes. Or her guardian would.

Autumn II
27-10-2015, 05:25 AM
Paris not yet an adult. Her guardians --TJ and Katherine, should deal with this, immediately. If they do not, WHO is looking out for her?

SheilaMJFan4Ever
27-10-2015, 06:28 AM
I had the TV on the other day and TMZ came on and I looked up when I heard Paris' name. They showed this 60 second clip where she asks fans for help to shut down the account-it's real fast, she talks real fast, and is smiling (almost laughing) and says she's not married. Period. She definitely wasn't desperate and begging.

I got the feeling it might be her real account, but it's making headlines since she added Castelaw as her new last name-I saw a zillion articles about it on my news feed and I pulled up a few-most of the commenters were mature women with teenage girls and the big thing now is to add their boyfriends last names to imagine what their name would look like if they were married.

Much like we used to write a guys name in our notebooks-along with ours kind of thing. All of these mothers acted like it was no big deal. In other words, it's a common schoolgirl thing. That's what made me think it was probably legit.

Since Paris used to have a verified Twitter account, she would know how to shut these downs or report fakes. Or her guardian would.

It's been a long time since I was 17, so thanks for the reminder Barbee, LMFAO! I used to add JACKSON (along with a couple of little hearts) behind my name on the paper bag covers I used for my school books, bahahahaha! That and write "Mrs. Michael Jackson" all over it... :blush:

As for asking fans for help, that didn't make sense to me since she's from the generation that grew up in the techy age and would know how to do it herself.

Bubs
27-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Can anyone post the video where she states this? If this is true I have really to ask who is running this account? It can be only a person from her personal environment or someone from her environment does feeding the person who runs the acoount. It has so much personal fotos from her every day live.
Anothher question is why doesn`t anyone from her family, expsecially her guardian request to delete this account because it is really a stalking of Paris.

If someone with twitter account could send this to Prince, he'll forward it to Paris
https://help.instagram.com/446663175382270/

According to that link, someone who represent Paris can fill in the form on her behalf, so TJ should do his duties.

I found this
https://twitter.com/princemjjjaxons/status/650376137558884352

Seems to me Prince has impostor too, as this one is his real one and the one above is something else?
https://twitter.com/princemjjjaxon/with_replies

Psychoniff
27-10-2015, 11:17 AM
This is a bit off topic, but I always got the impression that Paris was bit of an outsider in the Jackson family. I've yet to see footage, image etc of her really engaging with her uncles for example.

elusive moonwalker
27-10-2015, 11:51 AM
The Jackson's are made up of mainly man .I doubt she feels much in common with 60 plus year old uncles/ male cousins. And after the whole granny napping/suicide attempt etc and the way she was treated its not suprising if she is as you think.

Bubs
27-10-2015, 12:51 PM
The Jackson's are made up of mainly man .I doubt she feels much in common with 60 plus year old uncles/ male cousins. And after the whole granny napping/suicide attempt etc and the way she was treated its not suprising if she is as you think.

Not to mention the way they talk about her when giving interviews + rolling the blame granny-napping on kids.
Anyways, I think it is good that she has life outside of Jackson, and doesn't live in this weird cocoon (we are Jacksons and cannot work because we are Jacksons)that they have created for themselves.

Psychoniff
27-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Not to mention the way they talk about her when giving interviews + rolling the blame granny-napping on kids.
Anyways, I think it is good that she has life outside of Jackson, and doesn't live in this weird cocoon (we are Jacksons and cannot work because we are Jacksons)that they have created for themselves.

They've been working and touring since they were kids. They life and circumstance is completely different from that of the average person. And like elusive moonwalker pointed out, their damn retirees, I think that they are entitled to as many vacations as they desire.

Psychoniff
27-10-2015, 02:12 PM

She seems like a loose cannon too. The reason Randy and Janet, intelligently filmed her with their phones was for evidence. They knew the media would believe and twist the story of a young pretty girl. We don't know what exactly happened, but we shouldn't assume that Paris's word is the right one.

Bubs
27-10-2015, 02:13 PM
They've been working and touring since they were kids. They life and circumstance is completely different from that of the average person. And like elusive moonwalker pointed out, their damn retirees, I think that they are entitled to as many vacations as they desire.

The bolded text in my post wasn't really about J4 but other members, but nevermind:-)

She seems like a loose cannon too. The reason Randy and Janet, intelligently filmed her with their phones was for evidence. They knew the media would believe and twist the story of a young pretty girl. We don't know what exactly happened, but we shouldn't assume that Paris's word is the right one.

If Paris is loose cannot because she doesn't hang around Jac fam, then she takes it after her father.

Thanks for the laughts, Randy and Janet intelligently.....:D

Btw,we can take Michael's word for it.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ihrprh

Note for the admins, posts like above causes derailing of the threads as people seems to attack on Paris and of course that kind of attack has to be replied accordingly despite derailing of the thread.

#MJforever57
27-10-2015, 02:26 PM
I do not think Paris is close to her aunts right now but their always say oh Michael kids are doing fine their have their cousins.When Paris get 18 you might see changes in her i hope Paris is careful.

elusive moonwalker
27-10-2015, 03:57 PM

I would be careful about seemingly attacking Michaels children on the board. I would presume it to be against board rules

Bubs was talking about the mentality of some of the second generation Jackson's after some of the T's comments in interviews. Although to be fair the elder Jackson's have done little "work" interms of showbiz since the 80's.and very few bothered to get normal jobs to pay for their families the problem is the same entitlement complex seems to have been passed down to the second generation

Anyway that's been discussed in another thread

elusive moonwalker
27-10-2015, 03:58 PM
The bolded text in my post wasn't really about J4 but other members, but nevermind:-)

If Paris is loose cannot because she doesn't hang around Jac fam, then she takes it after her father.

Thanks for the laughts, Randy and Janet intelligently.....:D

Btw,we can take Michael's word for it.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ihrprh

Note for the admins, posts like above causes derailing of the threads as people seems to attack on Paris and of course that kind of attack has to be replied accordingly despite derailing of the thread.

Just confirmed my suspicion from another thread bubs. I wouldnt think steven could spell it let alone act it out. The whole kidnapping plan showed their lack of it. Mind you I think his statement rant about branca just topped that.especially on the laughter scale

LastTear
27-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Aboht time one of her two guardians, body guards, nanny's etc all do the job they are paid to do, shouldn't be down to strangers to deal with issues like this.

elusive moonwalker
27-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Why start now. They happily encouraged her Twitter "celebrity" as it was at a time when the kids were being used to promote events etc.when questions were asked about the trolling attacks all that came back was well not everyone likes michael. .so I doubt nothing much has changed now.

Gaz
27-10-2015, 04:16 PM

I'm finding that post hilarious, you say in one breathe we shouldn't assume yet you are doing exactly that by your "assumption" of why they recorded her, you don't know anyone of them personally you was not there and you have no real factual clue why they recorded it. So please practice what you preach, or at least say this is nothing other than your opinion and either way members can't take it as factual.

In my "opinion" I want you to keep yours to yourself, attacking one of Michael's children especially when you don't even know her I won't tolerate here.

Bubs
27-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Aboht time one of her two guardians, body guards, nanny's etc all do the job they are paid to do, shouldn't be down to strangers to deal with issues like this.

I find it interesting that Paris asks outsiders, not fam members or others, to help her to get rid of that Instagram stalker. There is a reason for it, and I can only speculate what is it, but it does says something, doesn't it?

@Elusive, thanks thats what I meant:-)

Snow White luvs Peter Pan
27-10-2015, 05:08 PM
If her guardians who are adults aren't willing to help her or doing their job, I hope she can contact Instagram. I don't use Instagram myself, can other people besides Paris report fake accounts?

#MJforever57
27-10-2015, 05:11 PM
That Why Michel told his kids to be careful watch around you stick together ppls are not what their seem and that is sad to see.

I do not have a account but she should be able to report that somebody is use her name and she like to have it remove. Shelia found on Instagram where you can report as fake. It is scary when someone is staking you you have got to be careful at all time. I hope Paris can get it remove.

TinnyandOdd
27-10-2015, 07:00 PM
I got the feeling it might be her real account.

It's definitely not her real account. I've been following them for about a year now, and the person that owns the account long long ago (when they first started out actually) did at one point mention they were a fan account. I suppose they got so many followers and decided that since people thought they were the real Paris, they might as well go along with it. Paris has a private Instagram account and has actually Direct Messaged the main 13.5k Paris account personally requesting her to remove the account, and the person's response to Paris was essentially to go f**k herself. When Paris (still politely) stated that she didn't pose as said user so she didn't understand why said user was posing as her and that she didn't appreciate having her privacy breached much like said user wouldn't like it either, the person basically told Paris that she was not only going to continue to spread her private photos and continue to pose as her, but that she was going to become famous because of it. It's all on Insta if you seek it out. Anyways, this person also has a history of cussing out people who claim the account is a fake, and in fact, when someone asked that question on one of her photos a couple months ago (long before the TMZ Real Paris Jackson Please Stand Up situation) I politely answered in the comments section that they were not and that they had mentioned in previous postings that they were a fan account. Almost immediately they not only deleted my comments (and the other posters) but blocked me as well. So, it's pretty obvious this person is not the real Paris, as this person seems rather unhinged and fame hungry, not to mention rude as H*ll.

Also, it's quite difficult to have an account deleted on Instagram. You can report a fake account (as many fans have been doing - especially recently - along with Paris herself), however, their influx of accounts (fake and inappropriate) is almost a quarter of their users, so as much attention as this dilema seems to be grabbing from the MJCommunity, unforunately Insta hasn't been on it, as this has been an ongoing issue for quite some time now (long before Paris posted the video on Chester's public account.)

#MJforever57
27-10-2015, 07:31 PM
That is why it is so important to be careful you run into ppls like this everyday and their do not care.

barbee0715
Wow. How complicated. Can't Paris make her acct. private then? So people can't steal her identity?

^It's more serious than some of us thought then. I thought given her fame, she could contact Instagram faster but for what you're telling Tinny, it's not as simple as it seems. Poor thing Paris, if she can't do something, she should delete that account of hers, damn fame whores!

Paris has the account as private already but probably these people could follow her and stole her pictures.

TinnyandOdd
27-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Wow. How complicated. Can't Paris make her acct. private then? So people can't steal her identity?

It's more serious than some of us thought then. I thought given her fame, she could contact Instagram faster but for what you're telling Tinny, it's not as simple as it seems. Poor thing Paris, if she can't do something, she should delete that account of hers, damn fame whores! Paris has the account as private already but probably these people could follow her and stole her pictures.

Her account is private and as far as I know it always has been. A lot (and I mean a lot) of people know what her real account is however (private just means you can't see the photos she posts - you can still see her Profile photo and her Instagram description), so I can't imagine how many follower requests she gets? The fact that she only has about 200 something followers is a testimanent to how adament she is about keeping her account private. Chester has a public account and only recently starting posting photos of Paris (and him), so a lot of people have moved onto his account and started filling up his comment section on photos (and a lot of it is intrusive, creepy, and mean.) The problem is, once you put something on the internet, especially when you're famous, it's fairly easy for people to get their hands on it. If 1 person gets ahold of a photo and posts it, that same photo will be reposted x amount of times. It's a vicious cycle. I think that may have been why she left Twitter (just a theory.) The amount of cyber bullying she was getting at the time probably made her realise that with public accounts she just can't avoid people saying terrible things to her and as is the case in this situation IE spreading her private photos. Problem is, people are great at hacking, and this main fake 13.5k account must have some way (and I'm sure help from others considering Paris's "private" photos are plastered all over many many an account) to get those photos. A lot of people think that she is the real Paris because of this (seriously, tweenagers argue about that s**t all the time in the comments section.) I mean, before whatever TV tabloid thingy aired that video of Paris saying that account was fake, the week before that they had aired a video thinking it was Paris's real account and talking about how she'd been posting so many new photos and how grown up she looked, so ... if people such as TMZ (or whomever it was) are that easily fooled, imagine how many people think the same? I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this is why people warn you about what you put on the Internet, and (probably) primarily why MJ was so adamanent about protecting their privacy. You give a little bit of Social Media freedom, and all H*ll breaks loose :P

barbee0715
27-10-2015, 08:59 PM
IMO, all jackson kids under 18 or 21 should have private accts. and so should their boyfriends and girlfriends.
There is unbelievable filth written by commenters in even the most innocent of news threads. Can only imagine their own accounts.
Guardian needs to do something.

All kids need this. Not just Jackson kids.

27-10-2015, 11:21 PM
I'm truly glad Blanket is not into social media, when his siblings were his age they had accounts.

Gaz
28-10-2015, 02:41 AM
Is this the fake instagram she is talking about www.instagram.com/parisjackson or am I missing something (I don't follow any of this ish accounts real/fake etc lol)

HIStoric
28-10-2015, 02:54 AM
Is this the fake instagram she is talking about www.instagram.com/parisjackson (http://www.instagram.com/parisjackson) or am I missing something (I don't follow any of this ish accounts real/fake etc lol)

Yes, I was following that until yesterday.

HIStoric
28-10-2015, 03:09 AM
Problem is, people are great at hacking

Trust me, if you could 'hack' Instagram to get access to private accounts, the news would spread like wildfire and you'd definitely know about it.

SheilaMJFan4Ever
28-10-2015, 06:27 AM
Is this the fake instagram she is talking about www.instagram.com/parisjackson (http://www.instagram.com/parisjackson) or am I missing something (I don't follow any of this ish accounts real/fake etc lol)

:hysterical: I can barely keep up with my own, much less some celebrity's kid, lol! The only kids I follow on social media are my nieces and nephews and that's mainly because it's an easy way to keep in touch (we all live in different states).

Bubs
28-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Damn, Paris should contact on Branca and he'll buy the whole instagram and sort this out:D

It's definitely not her real account. I've been following them for about a year now, and the person that owns the account long long ago (when they first started out actually) did at one point mention they were a fan account. I suppose they got so many followers and decided that since people thought they were the real Paris, they might as well go along with it. Paris has a private Instagram account and has actually Direct Messaged the main 13.5k Paris account personally requesting her to remove the account, and the person's response to Paris was essentially to go f**k herself. When Paris (still politely) stated that she didn't pose as said user so she didn't understand why said user was posing as her and that she didn't appreciate having her privacy breached much like said user wouldn't like it either, the person basically told Paris that she was not only going to continue to spread her private photos and continue to pose as her, but that she was going to become famous because of it. It's all on Insta if you seek it out. Anyways, this person also has a history of cussing out people who claim the account is a fake, and in fact, when someone asked that question on one of her photos a couple months ago (long before the TMZ Real Paris Jackson Please Stand Up situation) I politely answered in the comments section that they were not and that they had mentioned in previous postings that they were a fan account. Almost immediately they not only deleted my comments (and the other posters) but blocked me as well. So, it's pretty obvious this person is not the real Paris, as this person seems rather unhinged and fame hungry, not to mention rude as H*ll.

There are some seriously f..ed up people in the world and this one is one of them:bugeyed

LastTear
28-10-2015, 09:25 AM
I'm a bit out of touch on these things as well so do we think that this faker follows the real Paris and takes and uses the photos she posts? I don't know how Instagram works but surely if her account is private then she chooses who follows her ie have only people she knows in real life?

Psychoniff
28-10-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm finding that post hilarious, you say in one breathe we shouldn't assume yet you are doing exactly that by your "assumption" of why they recorded her, you don't know anyone of them personally you was not there and you have no real factual clue why they recorded it. So please practice what you preach, or at least say this is nothing other than your opinion and either way members can't take it as factual.

In my "opinion" I want you to keep yours to yourself, attacking one of Michael's children especially when you don't even know her I won't tolerate here.

So what happened? Was she kidnapped? Who kidnapped her? Why was she kidnapped?

28-10-2015, 01:55 PM
^This is not the thread to discuss it, don't derail this one. Perhaps in mine, the Jackson's relationship with Michael.

TinnyandOdd
28-10-2015, 05:01 PM

Hmm on the link you posted it says "page not found" but on my iPhone the page is still up? It is the same account though.

Trust me, if you could 'hack' Instagram to get access to private accounts, the news would spread like wildfire and you'd definitely know about it.

I'm not sure what you're refering to in regards to "news?" I meant hack in the sense that people were and are obviously able to get ahold of her private photos and then proceed to repost those private photos and hashtag the s**t out of them. Those are then picked up and the reposting continues etc. until those photos eventually wind up on 100+ accounts. It's very hard to keep photos private? There are tons of accounts dedicated to her, Prince, and Blanket (both individual accounts and PPB as a unit accounts.) Where people get these photos from is beyond me, but there they are by the bucket load? Social Media has essentially become the new paparazzi.

There are some seriously f**ed up people in the world and this one is one of them :bugeyed

This person is clearly enjoying the claim to fame. They also created an account called STAYTHEF***KOFFMYS**T (blanked out for obvious reasons on here) and made it private to try and further persuade people to believe that they were the real Paris and now need a seperate account for their privacy because of people harassing them on their public account. They have about 750 followers on that account and it's still active.

So do we think that this faker follows the real Paris and takes and uses the photos she posts? I don't know how Instagram works but surely if her account is private then she chooses who follows her IE have only people she knows in real life?

I highly doubt this person follows her now (as Paris has Direct Messaged her and requested her to stop pretending to be her.) It is possible that when they started off as the fan account, Paris may have allowed them to follow her considering how many followers this person had, and because they had said they were a fan account? However, this person now has 205K (I was WAY off ... wow) followers, and are now pretending to be Paris herself, so who knows what happened? I assume the attention went to their head and they are either very good at finding unseen photos of Paris (meaning they troll the internet day and night stalkarazi style to find the latest), and/or they have people assisting them in finding said photos? Either way it's a pretty bizarre hobby to have? But like I said above, think of it like paparazzi? It's just gone to a whole new level with Social Media. That's why they say when you post something on the Internet, it's there forever.

Autumn II
28-10-2015, 05:55 PM
The internet is FOREVER, and once a photo (or post) "escapes," there is no retrieving it and it takes on its own life. Taking down the account should be a task for her guardians, but it may not be possible if the imposter doesn't specifically claim to BE Paris, even if her name, or parts of it, appear on the account. It's very possible that there's nothing that can be done, except for fans to know that it's fake. . . .

There really should be some sort of governance and control over these kids' use of social media, for -- among other reasons -- their personal safety. For example, they may post that they are going to "such and such a place," and then people would know where they are going to BE -- everyone from Paparazzi, to people who may be up to no good. I know that personally, I would never post my own location on social media or if I was going to be out-of-town, because that could inspire burglaries of a vacant house. That's just common sense?

HIStoric
29-10-2015, 12:58 AM
I'm not sure what you're refering to in regards to "news?" I meant hack in the sense that people were and are obviously able to get ahold of her private photos and then proceed to repost those private photos and hashtag the s**t out of them. Those are then picked up and the reposting continues etc. until those photos eventually wind up on 100+ accounts. It's very hard to keep photos private? There are tons of accounts dedicated to her, Prince, and Blanket (both individual accounts and PPB as a unit accounts.) Where people get these photos from is beyond me, but there they are by the bucket load? Social Media has essentially become the new paparazzi.

By news I mean CNN, BBC, New York Times and all that jazz. If Instagram, one of the world's biggest social networks, was hacked it would absolutely make the news.

Now, you're not wrong with what you're saying, but what you're describing is not the definition of hacking. As for how I think the photos are getting out? I'm pretty certain it's someone who follows her, or someone who has access to the account of someone who follows her.

shadowgamesmedia
29-10-2015, 01:58 AM
i think the problem is in order to fuel that account she would have had to upload beliveable personal videos and piks so maybe try not to upload your videos to youtube then no one would belive that account

Bubs
29-10-2015, 10:05 AM

It doesn't seem to matter whether you have private Instagram account or not, because I googled how to hack private I account and there is tons of instructions how to do it:
https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hacking+private+instagram+account

I suppose these creeps used some of the methods to hack Paris' account.

elusive moonwalker
29-10-2015, 12:41 PM
Careful bubs. FBI could be watching your google searches lol!

Bubs
29-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Careful bubs. FBI could be watching your google searches lol!

If FBI watches my google searches,they would be surprised of all sort of things I google :giggle:

elusive moonwalker
29-10-2015, 01:51 PM
😁.....

Bubs
29-10-2015, 03:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZnohYquu8k&feature=youtu.be

Autumn II
29-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Someone has badly dropped the ball here. In general, celebrities and certainly their minor children should be very careful about social media. It can be used to spread rumors, "invent" news, and more seriously, can be used to track their locations -- which can put them at risk. This is a job for the guardians, and the kids' Security guards (surely the kids HAVE them?). A minor child should not have to appeal to fans for this. Something is WRONG with this picture.

Bubs
29-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Someone has badly dropped the ball here. In general, celebrities and certainly their minor children should be very careful about social media. It can be used to spread rumors, "invent" news, and more seriously, can be used to track their locations -- which can put them at risk. This is a job for the guardians, and the kids' Security guards (surely the kids HAVE them?). A minor child should not have to appeal to fans for this. Something is WRONG with this picture.

Yes, it is. That is Paris' second request for help to close that fake account and I'm getting angrier because the estate has been alerted.
Of course the estate will help, but I think this is guardians job to guide and help Paris.

Bubs
29-10-2015, 03:50 PM
MJJJusticeProject @MJJJusticePrjct
@TJJackson Perhaps as Co-Guardian, YOU can guide Paris in filling out form to delete FAKE instagram acct? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZnohYquu8k&feature=youtu.be

TJ Jackson ‏@tjjackson 2m2 minutes ago
TJ Jackson Retweeted MJJJusticeProject
Yep. In process. Thanks.

SheilaMJFan4Ever
30-10-2015, 07:37 AM

:bow: That's what I was thinking, too. It's bad enough that anyone can be stalked, hacked and harassed, but the ante is upped a gazillion times if the person is famous (or related to someone famous.)

HIStoric
30-10-2015, 08:57 AM
It doesn't seem to matter whether you have private Instagram account or not, because I googled how to hack private I account and there is tons of instructions how to do it:
https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hacking+private+instagram+account

I suppose these creeps used some of the methods to hack Paris' account.

Those websites are complete and utter bullshit haha. I had a look at them and none of them will work, some looked extremely dodgy and are usually looking to download shit to your computer (even if they claim 'not to'). The websites I did try to use asked me to download a zip of the 'private photos', yeah sure, that's not going to contain anything harmful. Another one tried to make me fill out a survey before it'd let me click through, so instead I used my web inspector on my browser to get rid of the overlay, scroll down and it wouldn't let you go through (so essentially you fill out some bullshit survey that gets your details, the website gets paid but nothing happens for you).

I believe the legit only way for Instagram to allow access to these photos is if you're firstly logged into an Instagram account that has permission to follow that account, only then will Instagram allow access to the photos of that private account. If there was a way to 'hack' into a private Instagram account, I imagine they would focus on the more lucrative private accounts of famous celebrities, not so much the daughter of Michael Jackson. Given it's owned by Facebook, I can imagine security being pretty tight and any word of private accounts being hacked could severly damage Instagram's PR; so I like to imagine Facebook is on top of their game and that you can't download the photos literally by googling how to and clicking the first link. There could possibly be an exploit waiting out there to get access to these Instagram private accounts, who knows I'm not actively looking for one ofc, but if there were you wouldn't be able to do it from those websites you mentioned.

However, there does seem to be a way to possibly get access to these private photos and not follow them, but it requires the help of someone who does follow them (at which point, they might as well just screenshot and send it over to the person asking). Some websites let you tell them what Instagram profile you want to see and it lets you know who on that list is a follower of that person. If one of those followers logs into that website (through the official Instagram API), I believe it will then get access to those private photos as you've logged in as someone who has been allowed to view those photos.

Bubs
30-10-2015, 10:34 AM
^^I'm not hacking type of person so I didn't bother checking whether those instructions works, but fair play to you going further:cheeky:

I thought if it is possible to hack twitter account, then in it possible to hack Instagram.

Anyways, hopefully Paris Instagram issues will be sorted out.

HIStoric
30-10-2015, 10:53 AM
^^I'm not hacking type of person so I didn't bother checking whether those instructions works, but fair play to you going further:cheeky:

I thought if it is possible to hack twitter account, then in it possible to hack Instagram.

Anyways, hopefully Paris Instagram issues will be sorted out.

I think the best route for her would be doing what I suggested on page one. Work with Instagram to have an official account, one that is verified so no-one falls for fake imposters. After that, she can choose to have only one photo that just explains this is her official account, and that she does not post any photos publicly or something.

That wouldn't solve everything, but it would help solve the issue of other people trying to play themselves off as her.

8701girl
30-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Im surprisrd paris hasnt been like "you know what stuff this! im deleting my instragram"!

Cuz If i was in her situation i would've done that

SheilaMJFan4Ever
30-10-2015, 09:35 PM

You're right! Anything online can be hacked, including Instagram. If people can hack financial institutions and government agencies, Instagram should be easy pickings.

Ahsoka Jackson
03-11-2015, 02:34 AM
Just wanted to make a note here. In this case, I don't think Paris' asking people on social media for help is necessarily indicative of a lack of help from her family. I've seen people make similar requests like this on social media. It seems that the more flags a given account, tweet, video, etc. receives, the more likely it is to be removed or draw the attention of the site staff.

If you consider the massive amount of content and activity on social media sites like Facebook or Instagram, this makes sense. There are probably a ton of complaints made each day, so a single one isn't going to stand out. If you see a flood of complaints all about one post or account, though, that'll probably catch the moderators' attention the quickest.

In fact, sometimes people even try to use this for bullying purposes - - they'll try to encourage people to make a ton of bogus complaints against a given person they don't like, in order to get them in trouble.

In any case, it makes sense for Paris to ask Instagram users to report a fraudulent account. I don't have an account myself, but if I did, I'd be more than happy to take a minute or two to do so, and there are probably many other people who also wouldn't mind giving a bit of aid there.

I'm not saying for sure the family or Estate is or isn't helping her out. I'm just saying that appealing to Instagram users (and also warning them about a fake account in the process) doesn't necessarily mean she's desperate or getting no help from her family or the Estate, nor does it indicate that she doesn't know how to take any actions herself. If anything, it seems to show her level of comfort and familiarity with using social media - - she's using it as one of the tools in her arsenal to deal with an impostor. I do think there's a bit of a generational factor as well - - the idea of enlisting help from strangers on the Internet for various purposes seems to be an increasingly popular concept.

I hope this approach has more success, since it seems like whatever other methods she's attempted either haven't worked or are taking too long. I'd hate having people making fraudulent accounts in my name, especially if a lot of people were falling for it. Hope she can get things resolved soon. Obviously, there are Lord-knows-how-many fake social media accounts in her name, but this does seem like a major one, and it'd be nice to take it out of play.

In any case, I do agree that the best thing would probably be to have a verified account, even if she doesn't want to actually use it. Ha, come to think of it, I think I've seen at least one verified celebrity Twitter account that only had maybe one or two posts. That probably explains it - - they don't really want to use Twitter per se, but want to prevent others from impersonating them with fake accounts.

gerryevans
03-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Just wanted to make a note here. In this case, I don't think Paris' asking people on social media for help is necessarily indicative of a lack of help from her family. I've seen people make similar requests like this on social media. It seems that the more flags a given account, tweet, video, etc. receives, the more likely it is to be removed or draw the attention of the site staff.

If you consider the massive amount of content and activity on social media sites like Facebook or Instagram, this makes sense. There are probably a ton of complaints made each day, so a single one isn't going to stand out. If you see a flood of complaints all about one post or account, though, that'll probably catch the moderators' attention the quickest.

In fact, sometimes people even try to use this for bullying purposes - - they'll try to encourage people to make a ton of bogus complaints against a given person they don't like, in order to get them in trouble.

In any case, it makes sense for Paris to ask Instagram users to report a fraudulent account. I don't have an account myself, but if I did, I'd be more than happy to take a minute or two to do so, and there are probably many other people who also wouldn't mind giving a bit of aid there.

I'm not saying for sure the family or Estate is or isn't helping her out. I'm just saying that appealing to Instagram users (and also warning them about a fake account in the process) doesn't necessarily mean she's desperate or getting no help from her family or the Estate, nor does it indicate that she doesn't know how to take any actions herself. If anything, it seems to show her level of comfort and familiarity with using social media - - she's using it as one of the tools in her arsenal to deal with an impostor. I do think there's a bit of a generational factor as well - - the idea of enlisting help from strangers on the Internet for various purposes seems to be an increasingly popular concept.

I hope this approach has more success, since it seems like whatever other methods she's attempted either haven't worked or are taking too long. I'd hate having people making fraudulent accounts in my name, especially if a lot of people were falling for it. Hope she can get things resolved soon. Obviously, there are Lord-knows-how-many fake social media accounts in her name, but this does seem like a major one, and it'd be nice to take it out of play.

In any case, I do agree that the best thing would probably be to have a verified account, even if she doesn't want to actually use it. Ha, come to think of it, I think I've seen at least one verified celebrity Twitter account that only had maybe one or two posts. That probably explains it - - they don't really want to use Twitter per se, but want to prevent others from impersonating them with fake accounts.

Good points. But I do wonder if the estate has actually been approached. That estate consists of an army of lawyers, who contact other lawyers if something is beyond their particular expertise. If a phone call was made to them, especially considering Paris' emotional state a while ago, I think that instagram account would disappear.

LastTear
03-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Good points. But I do wonder if the estate has actually been approached. That estate consists of an army of lawyers, who contact other lawyers if something is beyond their particular expertise. If a phone call was made to them, especially considering Paris' emotional state a while ago, I think that instagram account would disappear.

Correct me if I'm wrong but IMO it's not really the estates job/place to interfere with what I would think would be the guardians job? TJ seems to be on the case now which is as it should be, so that's good.

gerryevans
03-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but IMO it's not really the estates job/place to interfere with what I would think would be the guardians job? TJ seems to be on the case now which is as it should be, so that's good.

I totally totally agree with you. But my concern would be to get it shut down. At some point, it doesn't matter to me who does if it's causing her stress.

Autumn II
03-11-2015, 02:04 PM
As the children of a celebrity (!), Michael's kids need body-guards (Security). Cyber-security is an important part of that. This should not be Paris' issue to deal with, at all. That's why she has a guardian, and I'd assume, a Security team.

Bubs
03-11-2015, 02:13 PM

I read from someone twitter that the estate have been made aware of the situation, and assumed people may have contacted or forwarded Paris' message to the estate's online team via twitter. I don't know if anything came out of it, or if they forwarded the message any further?

Anyways, it definitely is not the estate's job to handle this kind of situations.

Autumn II
03-11-2015, 02:40 PM
I read from someone twitter that the estate have been made aware of the situation, and assumed people may have contacted or forwarded Paris' message to the estate's online team via twitter. I don't know if anything came out of it, or if they forwarded the message any further?

Anyways, it definitely is not the estate's job to handle this kind of situations.

Right. It's not the job of the estate to deal with this. They are there for the finances, not the personal lives and upbringing of the kids. This is EXACTLY the type of thing the guardians must be on top of. That Paris felt the need to reach out to fans tells everyone that her Security team is NOT on top of things. That is not safe, and she deserves better. Period. If her guardians are baffled about what to do, there is no lack of funds to hire an IT expert to handle it.

LastTear
03-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Right. It's not the job of the estate to deal with this. They are there for the finances, not the personal lives and upbringing of the kids. This is EXACTLY the type of thing the guardians must be on top of. That Paris felt the need to reach out to fans tells everyone that her Security team is NOT on top of things. That is not safe, and she deserves better. Period. If her guardians are baffled about what to do, there is no lack of funds to hire an IT expert to handle it.

Thankfully TJ seems on to it now so hopefully between him and people reporting it should resolve the issue. I agree that it would help if they would verify her account that way it's clear for all to see.

Bubs
04-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Seemingly the solution was to make her instagram account public?

Question to people who have instagram account. When you post something, you current location shows with that post, so is it possible to delete that location?

I was thinking, now that Paris account is open to everybody to see, she posted few posts when she was in Utah (name of the place can be seen). I worry if tabloids gets a wiff about it, they make tabloid rubbish post Paris's whereabouts that time, or even try to hack/buy her records from that faculty:bugeyed

LastTear
04-11-2015, 06:58 PM
^^^^^ It seems odd to ask for privacy and have any account public, but hey ho this really is a job for her guardians to be concerned about not us. TJ is young enough to know how these things work and both he, Prince and Paris know the pitfalls and dangers of tabloids and stalkers and are not new to this so......

elusive moonwalker
04-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Very strange

Euan
04-11-2015, 09:11 PM
When you post something, you current location shows with that post, so is it possible to delete that location?

The location is completely optional when posting.

Although since the image is posted, I am not sure if instagram keeps the geo tags which store the GPS location of the original image.

If so this means even if no location is posted on instagram, the image could be downloaded and the geo tags could be viewed.

somewhereinthedark
05-11-2015, 03:12 AM

I really had to laugh at the comment, " The reason Randy and Janet, intelligently filmed her with their phones was for evidence". What a joke that statement is. Janet and Randy were basically trying to portray Patis in a negative light. They were filming Paris and were going to send those photos to TMZ and other tabloids and say Paris was out of control. Of course, what Janet and Randy didn't realize was that THEY were being filmed by security cameras and the security cameras showed Janet trying to snatch Paris' phone and follow her into the house. The security camera shows Janet and Randy harassing and taunting Paris and Prince as they try to get into the house. The security also shows Janet and Randy laughing as they film Paris with their cell phones. At one point on the film, Randy stops Janet from trying to follow Paris into the house and tells her to take pictures. My question to you is how could you come up the version that you and other Janet fans did, when the TRUTH is right there on the security camera film.Finally, I am so glad that Prince posted the tweet that basically shut down Janet and Randy's devious plan. Neither Janet or Randy denied anything in Prince's tweet, because they knew that he was telling the truth. It's sad that Janet ALLOWED a child, Paris, to take the brunt of the hate that her (Janet) fans spewed out. Is there any wonder that Paris doesn't want to have anything to do with Janet or Randy? Paris wasn't the "loose cannon", Janet was.

HIStoric
05-11-2015, 04:15 AM
Question to people who have instagram account. When you post something, you current location shows with that post, so is it possible to delete that location?

I was thinking, now that Paris account is open to everybody to see, she posted few posts when she was in Utah (name of the place can be seen). I worry if tabloids gets a wiff about it, they make tabloid rubbish post Paris's whereabouts that time, or even try to hack/buy her records from that faculty:bugeyed

The location is completely optional when posting.

Although since the image is posted, I am not sure if instagram keeps the geo tags which store the GPS location of the original image.

If so this means even if no location is posted on instagram, the image could be downloaded and the geo tags could be viewed.

In addition, one can choose the location so that it gives a general area of where the photo was taken, not the specific location of where the photo was taken. So pretending that she lived in Beverley Hills (I don't know where, just go with the flow people), she could tap the location tag, type in 'Beverley Hills' and it'll just show the general area of BH... you know where Google Maps takes you if you look it up.

If she chose to include the photo's location rather than itself, I believe it would utilise the location data that is part of the photo's EXIF metadata, which is pretty precise and thus it would give the precise location on Instagram, rather than a 'general location'. Including a location is optional and you can alter/delete it at any time (confirmed this on my account just then).

Also, The location data Instagram displays is separate from the photo itself and thus isn't added to the uploaded photo's EXIF metadata (so if you were to 'save the image', it wouldn't have the geotags in the metadata).

SheilaMJFan4Ever
05-11-2015, 07:35 AM

It seems odd to ask for privacy and have any account public, but hey ho this really is a job for her guardians to be concerned about not us.

Bubs: When I post pics on Instagram, I have the option of including my location, but I choose not to. My account is also private.

Last Tear: I concur; this is an issue for Paris' guardians, not Mike's fans. Speaking for myself, I'm a fan of Mike and my only concern/interest is anything concerning his legacy of music/dance/visual arts. Mike's fanbase isn't (or shouldn't be considered as) a tool to be used at the whim of anyone.

8701girl
05-11-2015, 10:31 AM
I think the estate is more bout business deals etc

When It comes to more personal stuf like her twitter account etcf it needs to be dealt with whoever her guardian is untill she turns 18

barbee0715
05-11-2015, 02:42 PM
^^I would think this would be easy to do. I'm constantly reading "news reports" that Beyoncé posted a picture on Instagram. Or another celebrity did.
LA is full of celebrities (and their kids) all using social media and I'd imagine they all have crazy hoaxers pretending to be them. I'd think this could be shut down by the company thru their fraud department instead of making videos pleading for help from fans.
It seems strange to me.

Glad TJ is on it. Is it closed yet?

Bubs
05-11-2015, 04:26 PM
^^^^^ It seems odd to ask for privacy and have any account public, but hey ho this really is a job for her guardians to be concerned about not us. TJ is young enough to know how these things work and both he, Prince and Paris know the pitfalls and dangers of tabloids and stalkers and are not new to this so......

Yes, she should be careful what kind of photos she puts there as they will end up in tabloids.

I think, it is only matter of time when the name of the place Paris stayed in Utah is revealed in the media as it can be seen in her older pots, but maybe it is not that important even if it is revealed?

Thanks Historic and Euan for info regarding instagram:D

Glad TJ is on it. Is it closed yet?

No, it is not closed, quite opposite. It was made public and everybody can see everything.

barbee0715
05-11-2015, 09:20 PM
No, it is not closed, quite opposite. It was made public and everybody can see everything.What?! Personally, if I was her guardian (and I'd do this with my own non-celebrity kid) I wouldn't allow them to have a public account. That just opens you up to all sorts of things, especially kidnapping. She still has to do what the guardians say until she moves away and gets her own money-so I think they should shut it down-to protect her.

There are a couple of tabloid stories circulating around about the 3 kids anyway today-and obviously they can't or won't do anything about that-it just cost way too much money to sue tabloids over stupid stuff-unless you can succeed in shutting them down. But no reason to give them more ammunition by having a public social media account.

Bubs
06-11-2015, 09:10 AM
What?! Personally, if I was her guardian (and I'd do this with my own non-celebrity kid) I wouldn't allow them to have a public account. That just opens you up to all sorts of things, especially kidnapping. She still has to do what the guardians say until she moves away and gets her own money-so I think they should shut it down-to protect her.

There are a couple of tabloid stories circulating around about the 3 kids anyway today-and obviously they can't or won't do anything about that-it just cost way too much money to sue tabloids over stupid stuff-unless you can succeed in shutting them down. But no reason to give them more ammunition by having a public social media account.

I was reading stuff from other site and somebody said that because Paris' account was verified, that action made it public?
I don't know if that is true? Just because you get your account verified, it means you cannot have privacy?

HIStoric
06-11-2015, 09:54 AM
No, it is not closed, quite opposite. It was made public and everybody can see everything.

Quite the opposite actually :P https://instagram.com/parisjackson/
(https://instagram.com/parisjackson/)
"Sorry, this page isn't available.The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed."

Bubs
06-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Quite the opposite actually :P https://instagram.com/parisjackson/
(https://instagram.com/parisjackson/)
"Sorry, this page isn't available.The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed."

That is not Paris' instagram account, and don't ask me to post it here because I ain't doing it:-)

#MJforever57
08-11-2015, 05:22 AM
I was reading stuff from other site and somebody said that because Paris' account was verified, that action made it public?
I don't know if that is true? Just because you get your account verified, it means you cannot have privacy?

So we don't know who verified her account if she did not it would have been privacy. Old well nothing she can do now right now that it is public.

This is why i do not have this account to much go on over there. I just hope Paris be careful some of the ppls there are not nice.

Maybe she should just remove the account. Can she do that?

What?! Personally, if I was her guardian (and I'd do this with my own non-celebrity kid) I wouldn't allow them to have a public account. That just opens you up to all sorts of things, especially kidnapping. She still has to do what the guardians say until she moves away and gets her own money-so I think they should shut it down-to protect her.

I agree shut it down.

HIStoric
08-11-2015, 09:16 AM
That is not Paris' instagram account, and don't ask me to post it here because I ain't doing it:-)

Yes it is. It literally links to her verified account right now.

So since I posted, they took down the imposter and replaced it with Paris for real :P

Bubs
08-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Ooh, I see, poser's account was deleted, and Paris old account made inactive, and those two have links to 1 current and verified account:D

She gained over 7 thousand followers already?

#MJforever57
08-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Ooh, I see, poser's account was deleted, and Paris old account made inactive, and those two have links to 1 current and verified account:D

She gained over 7 thousand followers already?

Wow that alot for a teenage to have. I really should be surpires her father is Michael Jackson.

barbee0715
08-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Wow that alot for a teenage to have. I really should be surpires her father is Michael Jackson.when I was in high school I had probably five friends. Maybe.
This is why it is so hard to keep kids grounded.

SheilaMJFan4Ever
14-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Wow that alot for a teenage to have. I really should be surpires her father is Michael Jackson.

That's the main reason (if not the only reason) she has that many followers. I'm sure a huge chunk of that 7000+ are Mike's fans. Probably the same ones being snarky about the Kardashians/Jenners, Hiltons and any other famous-for-nothing "celebrities".

barbee0715
30-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Why is a post from Paris regarding her parents on the mjjc Facebook page?
The kids aren't 21 and paternity talk is not allowed, is it?? Even if it comes from them, it can be spread around.

It bothers me to death that people attack the kids on social media and I don't know the good of reposting here.
(I would have written on Facebook but this forum is more private).