MJ, the most versatile artist and entertainer ever!

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Michael Jackson was an innovator and pioneer in every way.:D
He could sing pop, rock, hip hop, rap, r&b, classical, and I'm sure he could've sung country if he had wanted.:yes:
He was also an amazing songwriter, actor, had a very rare 4 octave vocal range, and was an amazing beat boxer and poet.:bugeyed
Additionally, he could do just about every type of dance, and he could draw extremely well (with pen/pencil and paper).:bugeyed
No other artist in history is as versatile as MJ.:D
MJ truly is the Emperor/King of all music, dance and entertainment.:clap:

This thread was made to discuss MJ's diverse talent.:)

Last edited:
No offense, but no....just no.

However, Michael always said that he believed in a higher power, and when he wrote music he said he got out of the way and let God take over. :)
so? that means his fans can't believe otherwise? an I said this recently in another thread, but there are some people who sees their idol as a god. what he believed has nothing to do with that

so? that means his fans can't believe otherwise? an I said this recently in another thread, but there are some people who sees their idol as a god. what he believed has nothing to do with that

Just like some of his fans/stans say that they believe he's God I can state my opinion in opposition to people who say that he is. :)

I brought up Michael's own beliefs because I figured that if he didnt deify himself then he wouldn't want his fans to do so either. :)

Now to get this thread back on track Michael could also sing in Spanish (and possibly a few other languages), which is something I need to add to the main post. :)
He truly is the greatest entertainer to ever live.
I wish I could've seen him live.

Honestly, I think if you genuinely believe that Michael Jackson is a literal God, some sort of higher deity thing who is above all other men, then you're extremely delusional/overly-obsessive haha. I don't even believe in God (let alone know if there is one) but Michael was nothing more than a fellow human being haha.

I don't think MichaelD actually meant it in the way I described, more so in a joking manner.

Just like some of his fans/stans say that they believe he's God I can state my opinion in opposition to people who say that he is. :)

I brought up Michael's own beliefs because I figured that if he didnt deify himself then he wouldn't want his fans to do so either. :)

Now to get this thread back on track Michael could also sing in Spanish (and possibly a few other languages), which is something I need to add to the main post. :)
He truly is the greatest entertainer to ever live.
I wish I could've seen him live.
yeah, I agree, it would be a shame to derail this otherwise great thread you started. so lets just leave it at that
he sang in french, too
I've always admired his many talents. he was multi talented in his own way. he had rare talent, like no one else. one thing I've always thought could be interesting, is to hear him sing opera

Ehh not really, at least I don't know if I'd word it like that. He sung one song in Spanish, which was translated by someone else who then fed him how to pronounce it. So technically he did sing a song in Spanish, but I wouldn't really say he can sing in Spanish because that implies he's fluent in Spanish, which he isn't.

Ehh not really, at least I don't know if I'd word it like that. He sung one song in Spanish, which was translated by someone else who then fed him how to pronounce it. So technically he did sing a song in Spanish, but I wouldn't really say he can sing in Spanish because that implies he's fluent in Spanish, which he isn't.

Well darn. :)
bubble-burst.jpg

Michael could sing pop, rock, hip hop, rap, r&b, classical, and I'm sure he could've sung country if he had wanted.:yes:
He also had very rare 4 octave vocal range, and was an amazing beat boxer.:bugeyed
Additionally, he could do just about every type of dance, and he could draw extremely well (with pen/pencil and paper).
I don't know about all that. Do you know how many types of dances there are in the world? :D As far as the 1st sentence, in the USA, Sheena Easton has charted pop, country, R&B, dance, & adult contemporary. She also released a jazz album.

Jermaine also has a Spanish version of Let's Get Serious. Julio Iglesias has released records in several languages, but I don't know if he's fluent or not.

I don't know about all that. Do you know how many types of dances there are in the world? :D As far as the 1st sentence, in the USA, Sheena Easton has charted pop, country, R&B, dance, & adult contemporary. She also released a jazz album.

Not taking anything away from her, but I have no idea who she is.
I may google her though.

And as for the dancing yes I know that there are many different dances in existence, in fact one could say that a new dance is made everyday, and that's why I said he knew how to do JUST ABOUT every kind of dance instead of straight out saying he knew how to do every dance that exist. :)

I am well researched in many different things, and I am always looking for new knowledge. :)

I have always wanted to see him do more acting. I know he did lots, but still. More :D

Of course he did, that's why I say I know he did lots..but still would like to see more

Me too!

He was already an amazing actor, but I do wish he would've acted in some blockbuster films.:yes:
If he had he would've blown every other actor out of the water that's for sure.:D
Oh well, I guess we just have to settle for moonwalker (which was amazing:bugeyed).
He did have a small part in Men in Black though.:clap:

Me too!

He was already an amazing actor, but I do wish he would've acted in some blockbuster films.:yes:
If he had he would've blown every other actor out of the water that's for sure.:D
Oh well, I guess we just have to settle for moonwalker (which was amazing:bugeyed).
He did have a small part in Men in Black though.:clap:
well, there's lots more short films than the ones included in Moonwalker where he does plenty of acting
and movies he also did The Wiz and Miss Castaway And The Island girls
he's always been good at acting, from the very beginning with the skits he did with Jackson 5 on the various TV shows they appeared on

well, there's lots more short films than the ones included in Moonwalker where he does plenty of acting
and movies he also did The Wiz and Miss Castaway And The Island girls
he's always been good at acting, from the very beginning with the skits he did with Jackson 5 on the various TV shows they appeared on

OMG don't even get me started on his skits on other variety shows and the Jackson variety show.:bugeyed
He was an amazing actor, but I honestly don't think there was much he couldn't do.:D

I know he's not really acting here, but I love his dancing and singing in it.:D
It's the only time I've seen him do a split and it reminds me of James Brown.:yes:

I compiled a YouTube MJ playlist the other day and I was thinking the same: it's amazing how versatile he was. His music just never gets boring because he has so many different songs in so many different styles, different singing styles, different skills attached to it (dance, choreography). As for Sheena Easton being featured on several type of charts, it's just not the same thing IMO. Justin Timberlake has a country hit now, does that mean he is more versatile than MJ? Being on several type of charts does not necessarily mean great versatility. Some songs can be featured on the pop chart/R&B/adult contemporary, that does not make the performer necessarily versatile. For example Adele's songs typically chart on all of these charts, but she is very far from being a versatile peformer. In fact, most of her songs and albums sound the same.

Michael could literally create magic with anything he did: you can watch the Dangerous performance from 1995 MTV and he could drive the masses crazy and create an all-time-great performance with just his dancing. Then you watch him simply standing on the stage with a mic at the Clinton inauguration singning Gone too Soon without any kind of hoopla or show element, just his pure voice, and again he has the same effect with just his singing. He could perform a rock song, just the same as an R&B or a pop song, he could use his voice in very different and flexible ways suiting VERY different genres and sounding convincing in all of them. Each and every one of his adult solo albums sound different - Off the Wall is very different from HIStory, Thriller is different from Thriller, Bad is different from Invincible.

Of course, you can bring up other artists playing a million instruments and say that to you makes them more versatile but to me it's the versatility of MJ's natural talent and his music that is really impressive. Of course, playing instruments is a talent too, but to me that's more a learnt thing. I am sure had MJ wanted to learn to play several instruments he could have, he had the musical talent after all, it was just not something he needed or he wanted. The versatility of his raw talent was out of this world though, IMO. And he made it all look so effortless.

Last edited:
MJ was an amazing tap dancer! Wow, that gets overlooked a lot but his tap dancing abilities were ridiculous

With all due respect to Michael, I don't think he should have acted in (more) blockbuster films. Not because he was a mediocre actor (he surely wasn't), but because the majority of contemporary production is crap and for me it's better to stay away from these rather than making up for a bad film with amazing acting skills.

If anything, I would have loved to see him dubbing Pixar films :yes:

Of course, you can bring up other artists playing a million instruments and say that to you makes them more versatile but to me it's the versatility of MJ's natural talent and his music that is really impressive. Of course, playing instruments is a talent too, but to me that's more a learnt thing. I am sure had MJ wanted to learn to play several instruments he could have, he had the musical talent after all, it was just not something he needed or he wanted. The versatility of his raw talent was out of this world though, IMO. And he made it all look so effortless.

I want to re-quote something you said a few months ago

Anyone can learn to play an instrument, but no one can learn to be Michael Jackson

As for Sheena Easton being featured on several type of charts, it's just not the same thing IMO.
Well then acts like Paul McCartney & Prince have done more types of music than both Mike & Sheena. There's other acts who have done multiple genres too. It's not that unique.

I want to re-quote something you said a few months ago

Anyone can learn to play an instrument, but no one can learn to be Michael Jackson
You could say this about anything. But how many people fail at doing algebra or can't play basketball? :rofl:

Well then acts like Paul McCartney & Prince have done more types of music than both Mike & Sheena. There's other acts who have done multiple genres too. It's not that unique.

It is NOT simply about how many genres an artist covers. It's much more than that and the number of genres that MJ did was only one of the points in the opening post. But Prince is close in overall versatility, I agree. Paul McCartney not so much IMO.

You could say this about anything. But how many people fail at doing algebra or can't play basketball? :rofl:

Well, the fact is there are significantly more people who can play multiple instruments than people who have achieved such success and global impact as MJ in so many areas. So I guess there is a good argument to be made for the fact that Michael Jackson IS special after all.

Last edited:
Back