Michael Jackson's HIStory museum.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
I have an idea for an MJ museum that showcases his life as the worlds greatest entertainer from beginning to end.
It could be located in Hollywood or Gary Indiana, and it could be called Michael Jackson's HIStory Museum the Culmination of a King

The inside would be red and gold, very regal and ornate with vaulted ceilings (MJ is the King/Emperor of all music and entertainment after all), and would feature replicas of some of Michael's most interesting and important things such as costumes, certain pieces of furniture, etc.:)

Different parts of the museum would be dedicated to different parts of Michael's life (without all of the negative stuff of course).
For example, the portion of the museum that is dedicated to the time/era that Thriller was made would feature a replica of the jacket and werecat head that MJ wore in the Thriller video.-_-

There would also be three separate theaters.
One would be for people to watch behind the scenes and making of videos, another for people to watch This Is It, and the third for people to watch all of MJ's videos in chronological order.:yes:

So what do you all think of my idea.:D

This is a great idea!! We need one floor for each era from the pre-Motown era right up until post-Invincible. There will be video projections, blow-up images, costumes and statues on it floor which reflect and represent each era. Music for each era will play too on in each floor. You could have fact sheets or posts to explain each song and album's musical, cultural artist significance. There will also be a trophy area where all his awards will shine and glisten and video projections all his award show appearances.

On a side note, I still think a kind MJ-style Graceland is severely needed. Right now there isn't MJ mecca yet.

This is a great idea!! We need one floor for each era from the pre-Motown era right up until post-Invincible. There will be video projections, blow-up images, costumes and statues on it floor which reflect and represent each era. Music for each era will play too on in each floor. You could have fact sheets or posts to explain each song and album's musical, cultural artist significance. There will also be a trophy area where all his awards will shine and glisten and video projections all his award show appearances.

Ikr, it would be amazing, and a place fit for a King. :)

I still have my heart set on the Estate turning Hayvenhurst into a museum. Imagine walking the property that Michael grew up on, much less tour the home he built with "Off the Wall".
See his bedroom and library. See the kitchen he worked out the 'Billie Jean' dance in.
They still have his movie theatre there. They still have his recording studio there-where he wrote DSTYGE, BJ, all his songs thru BAD. They still have his gorgeous memory rooms there and the sidewalk recreating his walk of fame star and the pool he swam in. See where the llamas and deer lived. I'd add llamas, deer, and peacocks. Have music in the yard.

He was so proud of that house and I want to see it.

Move in his memorabilia and you've got it done.

Then they should do a bus tour. Take us to Gardner school, Motown studios, Westlake studios, the Pasadena auditorium, the Forum, the Walk of fame, Graummans theatre, see where he filmed Thriller, see where he filmed TWYMMF, go to Forest Lawn. I could go on and on.

I think they should leave the house at 2300 Jackson street as is, like they do president's birth homes, but maybe a building by Roosevelt High would be a good museum for the early days. I'd like a bus trip there too.

I still have my heart set on the Estate turning Hayvenhurst into a museum. Imagine walking the property that Michael grew up on, much less tour the home he built with "Off the Wall".
See his bedroom and library. See the kitchen he worked out the 'Billie Jean' dance in.
They still have his movie theatre there. They still have his recording studio there-where he wrote DSTYGE, BJ, all his songs thru BAD. They still have his gorgeous memory rooms there and the sidewalk recreating his walk of fame star and the pool he swam in. See where the llamas and deer lived. I'd add llamas, deer, and peacocks. Have music in the yard.

He was so proud of that house and I want to see it.

Move in his memorabilia and you've got it done.

Hayvenhurst would be great, but it's the location that seems to be the biggest issue there.

Problem is is that it's in a very crowded residential area with very little room for facilities like parking, toilets for the public and other amenities (unless you want to take a crap where MJ did 30 years ago :lol:); whereas you look at Graceland and while it's in a residential area, there's a lot of space allocated to it and it's facilities (ie carparking). Buses could potentially work (dropping off and picking up every x minutes), but you'd probably have the local residents up in arms about the increased noise and foot/vehicle traffic to the area (and well, I can't exactly blame them).

Idk, it sounds like the perfect place historically but the location it's in is very residential and extremely tightly packed. Who knows if the local residents and the council (or whatever respective organisation) will allow it? :scratch:

It's a shame Neverland is so far away. I was just looking at Graceland and turns out they have a hotel right by it, awesomely named Elvis Presley's Heartbreak Hotel. If they were to do Neverland, that could be a potential option to build a hotel there but still, it's a long distance away from the rest of society whereas ya know, Graceland is pretty close to it's local airport (3 miles the hotel website says). Imagine that, a Michael Jackson themed hotel :p

^^Neverland is just too remote and the neighbors/zoning would never allow it.
I've never actually seen Hayvenhurst in person, but in pix and film the streets and gates were always pretty crowded with cars and fans. I imagine it as something organized, where a bus or van has to take you in. I guess that's why I'm already imagining the tour guide. And it's not that remote from the city, so the other locations would not be impossible to add to a day tour. It wouldn't work as a "just drop in and roam around" place.

Haven't seen Graceland yet, but they have added a lot to it. That hotel was a great idea.

As great as all of these ideas are, the cost would be tremendous, museums with multiple floors and a palace like attraction with marble and vaulted ceilings. I mean wow, but let us rejoin reality here. I mean do we have bazillions of dollars and a site for all this? Are you guys going to donate several thousand each to pay for it. I make a rough guess in saying most people on this are site are either children, school aged and students at tertiary institutions and the rest of us are working jobs that barely pay enough to survive on or are unemployed like me. Another group of us may be on welfare (Not me!) and even a few may be well off with a good job and decent play money. But even are you guys going to donate $10k or more to help build a MJ museum?

These places cost millions and millions of dollars, you have zoning concerns, what area would allow a garish museum with balustrades and ormolu finishings in the hoods of Gary. That shit would be robbed flat in weeks, plus Gary is full of tiny nosebleed houses and several would need to be demolished to make room for such a premise, most homes are likely to be rentals and you would need to find the people a new place to live. Plus we want something tasteful and not over the top. Go that way and you have a Graceland meets Liberace Museum type exhibit. Michael was a superstar and great, not some tacky over rated camp bauble like Liberace.

Plus you would need to keep up visitor numbers to justify keep a place open. Ormolu, brass and chandelieres need polishing, luxurious carpets get walked over and worn out, places need armies of staff, and after a few years, people would get tired of the same stuff. Also say if you visit and are watching the chronological videos, at say DSTYGE and you want to see Ghosts now, you are not going to wait 5 hours to get through Thriller, Bad, Dangerous etc. You would need an area of interchangeable exhibits every few months to keep it hot.

Plus the estate would need to buy all the exhibits, after whats great about a Michael Jackson inspired palace or multi storied museum, when he was never there and only inspired, where is the connection to MJ except through exhibits. I don't like replicas either, most purists want the real thing or nothing. Plus the estate needs to get the money first and of course surviving Jacksons are burning through money at a lightening pace, Hayvenhurst ain't cheap. Plus any projects would need Prince and Paris's approval as they reach their majority (Katherine is 86, she has a decade or 15 years tops left).

My guess is by all means have a museum and a shrine in LA or Gary (Needs heavy security as Gary is a crime ridden ghetto now), but keep it low key, rely heavily on virtual monitors with videos and infos about MJ and his music/ outfits/ influence and humanitarian efforts. Better yet would be the estate to make a huge digital archive and charge people premium access rates for a year and have a limited service for free browsers.

Plus lets be realistic, as we the original fans age, we will eventually die and there are not too many new generation coming up to keep an expensive multi levelled palace of MJ memorabilia running. So I am sorry to say, let us abandon this white elephant.

As great as all of these ideas are, the cost would be tremendous, museums with multiple floors and a palace like attraction with marble and vaulted ceilings. I mean wow, but let us rejoin reality here. I mean do we have bazillions of dollars and a site for all this? Are you guys going to donate several thousand each to pay for it. I make a rough guess in saying most people on this are site are either children, school aged and students at tertiary institutions and the rest of us are working jobs that barely pay enough to survive on or are unemployed like me. Another group of us may be on welfare (Not me!) and even a few may be well off with a good job and decent play money. But even are you guys going to donate $10k or more to help build a MJ museum?

These places cost millions and millions of dollars, you have zoning concerns, what area would allow a garish museum with balustrades and ormolu finishings in the hoods of Gary. That shit would be robbed flat in weeks, plus Gary is full of tiny nosebleed houses and several would need to be demolished to make room for such a premise, most homes are likely to be rentals and you would need to find the people a new place to live. Plus we want something tasteful and not over the top. Go that way and you have a Graceland meets Liberace Museum type exhibit. Michael was a superstar and great, not some tacky over rated camp bauble like Liberace.

Plus you would need to keep up visitor numbers to justify keep a place open. Ormolu, brass and chandelieres need polishing, luxurious carpets get walked over and worn out, places need armies of staff, and after a few years, people would get tired of the same stuff. Also say if you visit and are watching the chronological videos, at say DSTYGE and you want to see Ghosts now, you are not going to wait 5 hours to get through Thriller, Bad, Dangerous etc. You would need an area of interchangeable exhibits every few months to keep it hot.

Plus the estate would need to buy all the exhibits, after whats great about a Michael Jackson inspired palace or multi storied museum, when he was never there and only inspired, where is the connection to MJ except through exhibits. I don't like replicas either, most purists want the real thing or nothing. Plus the estate needs to get the money first and of course surviving Jacksons are burning through money at a lightening pace, Hayvenhurst ain't cheap. Plus any projects would need Prince and Paris's approval as they reach their majority (Katherine is 86, she has a decade or 15 years tops left).

My guess is by all means have a museum and a shrine in LA or Gary (Needs heavy security as Gary is a crime ridden ghetto now), but keep it low key, rely heavily on virtual monitors with videos and infos about MJ and his music/ outfits/ influence and humanitarian efforts. Better yet would be the estate to make a huge digital archive and charge people premium access rates for a year and have a limited service for free browsers.

Plus lets be realistic, as we the original fans age, we will eventually die and there are not too many new generation coming up to keep an expensive multi levelled palace of MJ memorabilia running. So I am sorry to say, let us abandon this white elephant.

MJ's estate isn't exactly hurting for money from what I know (correct me if I'm wrong).

I think it should be regal, and grand because Michael was (and still is) the greatest entertainer of all time, and the King/Emperor of the music industry and all entertainment.

I said it could be in Gary Indiana OR Hollywood.

They could show the shortened versions of some of the films.

I'm sure there would be people willing to be paid to upkeep the museum.

MJ has MANY young fans.

Infact he has just as many young fans as any current artist.

Last edited:

And that's the beauty of using Hayvenhurst as a museum. The Estate already owns it outright. No one lives there. They've already bought Mrs. Jackson and the kids a different multi-million dollar house in Calabasas. The Jacksons use it strictly for parties like weddings and graduations, which they could still do. Paris has already said she prefers Hayvenhurst to the Calabasas house. So she'd probably be on board.
They already own all the memorabilia they need-it's in Michael's warehouses, since he stopped that auction. Those debts are paid-no need to sell anything. And they can hire various Jackson cousins to be on the payroll-they can be tour guides. It's a win-win for everybody.

A picture: it looks pretty elegant to me. A gorgeous storybook castle.
full.jpg

Interestingly, I read an article about Elvis' popularity waning among younger fans-it was a story about Vegas, where yet another show about him had closed down and how the tribute artists were fading fast. In fact, Graceland is the only thing that is really making money here in the US-his recordings on the other hand are still making big bucks in Europe. I find that strange, since Elvis was way before MY time, and my own association with him as a kid in the 60's is going to see his movies on Saturday afternoons, and even to a kid they were bad. The next decade I just heard bad jokes about him. Sadly, he had become a laughing stock here and that's why I was so shocked when I saw people crying and carrying on about his death. That made quite an impression on me tho.

This same article inferred that the Beatles (especially John Lennon) probably had another 10 years to go, before fans would be too young to know who they were, and Michael probably had another 50. I'll try to find it and post it.

Last edited:
And that's the beauty of using Hayvenhurst as a museum. The Estate already owns it outright. No one lives there. They've already bought Mrs. Jackson and the kids a different multi-million dollar house in Calabasas. The Jacksons use it strictly for parties like weddings and graduations, which they could still do. Paris has already said she prefers Hayvenhurst to the Calabasas house. So she'd probably be on board.
They already own all the memorabilia they need-it's in Michael's warehouses, since he stopped that auction. Those debts are paid-no need to sell anything. And they can hire various Jackson cousins to be on the payroll-they can be tour guides. It's a win-win for everybody.

Interestingly, I read an article about Elvis' popularity waning among younger fans-it was a story about Vegas, where yet another show about him had closed down and how the tribute artists were fading fast. In fact, Graceland is the only thing that is really making money here in the US-his recordings on the other hand are still making big bucks in Europe. I find that strange, since Elvis was way before MY time, and my own association with him as a kid in the 60's is going to see his movies on Saturday afternoons, and even to a kid they were bad. The next decade I just heard bad jokes about him. Sadly, he had become a laughing stock here and that's why I was so shocked when I saw people crying and carrying on about his death. That made quite an impression on me tho.

This same article inferred that the Beatles (especially John Lennon) probably had another 10 years to go, before fans would be too young to know who they were, and Michael probably had another 50. I'll try to find it and post it.

Yeah, I have nothing against Elvis, but he isn't really a part of pop culture anymore like the Beatles and Michael are.

In fact MJ's cirque show is one of if not THE best selling, and most popular shows in Las Vegas, which is a place where Elvis is supposed to be very popular.

I actually heard that some Elvis show that Cirque Du Soleil had started ended up shutting down because it wasn't popular enough, and Michael out ranks Elvis for the number one spot on the list of top earning dead celebrity's every year.

Come to think of it, I bet Michael earns more then the majority (if not all) living celebs too.

Whether someone is 100 or 1 they most likely like Michael.

Yeah, I have nothing against Elvis, but he isn't really a part of pop culture anymore like the Beatles and Michael are.

In fact MJ's cirque show is one of if not THE best selling, and most popular shows in Las Vegas, which is a place where Elvis is supposed to be very popular.

I actually heard that some Elvis show that Cirque Du Soleil had started ended up shutting down because it wasn't popular enough, and Michael out ranks Elvis for the number one spot on the list of top earning dead celebrity's every year.

Come to think of it, I bet Michael earns more then the majority (if not all) living celebs too.

Whether someone is 100 or 1 they most likely like Michael.
I know it's off-topic from the museum, but I was sad about the Elvis Cirque show-there was a time when Elvis was as synonymous with Vegas as the Rat Pack and Liberace. And it made me sad about the show because it was directed and choreographed by Vincent Pateson, one of the gang leaders in Beat It, who also choreographed Michael's Bad Tour, Smooth Criminal, Will You Be There, BOTDF, etc. And I saw a little scene of it on DWTS, and it looked good. Not sure why it closed-but I read the story wasn't especially good.

And besides Graceland, Elvis is still making huge money and new fans from his music-in Europe, as I said-I'm interested in how that came to be-since he never toured there, as far as I know. If somebody here is from Europe, I'd like to know if there was something specific that made him popular-or maybe I can find an Elvis Stand Alone Thread.

And besides Graceland, Elvis is still making huge money and new fans from his music-in Europe, as I said-I'm interested in how that came to be-since he never toured there, as far as I know.
Who knows?
A lot of random things get popular in random places LOL.
It's like kinda how gangnam style caught on.:bugeyed

And Tbh I know this might sound kinda mean, but I don't feel sad at all about the Elvis show shutting down.:no:
What I am sad about is that they haven't taken MJ's show on tour so I can see it.:bugeyed

Last edited:
Sorry did not know about Hayven hurst, but would that be big enough? When were the family moved off to Calabasas? Still some of these ideas are silly, but If Hayvenhurst was a MJ mUseum I would definitely go if I could.

They mentioned Hologram concerts on another thread. Maybe we could have hologram concerts and fan meetings held there.

Sorry did not know about Hayven hurst, but would that be big enough? When were the family moved off to Calabasas? Still some of these ideas are silly, but If Hayvenhurst was a MJ mUseum I would definitely go if I could.

They mentioned Hologram concerts on another thread. Maybe we could have hologram concerts and fan meetings held there.

No holograms please :cry:

What if they moved the Hayvenhurst house to a more, open area that could be developed further and be easier for the public to get access to and utilise. Although doing that would lose the significance of the location?

What if they moved the Hayvenhurst house to a more, open area that could be developed further and be easier for the public to get access to and utilise. Although doing that would lose the significance of the location?
Noooo! Don't move it. I want to look out the window and see the same trees Michael did. When I got to go to LA the first time, I went to Culver studios and imagined standing on the same dirt as Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh did while making GWTW. :)
If I remember correctly, the original Hayvenhurst house sat on 5 acres. I think the new house must be pretty big-Michael had a wing to himself and Jermaine's whole family lived there at one time. So did Tito's kids. It always seemed like lots of family were always there.

Wasn't the move to Calabasas about 4 or 5 yrs. ago? It's when they were remodeling and Jermaine's ex moved out with her kids too. I think they bought the Calabasas house last year.

I just know Michael was extremely proud of the place. Every single solitary person who speaks about it talks about the tours he gave of the house, his studio, the grounds.

A picture: it looks pretty elegant to me. A gorgeous storybook castle.
full.jpg

I agree wit you on this or build one in Gary all is there is Michael house and the house next door. Fans need to see more.

I agree wit you on this or build one in Gary all is there is Michael house and the house next door. Fans need to see more.
What would be cool there to me (because I like history) is to buy the Roosevelt High school or donate a new school to Gary. Then take the actual school for a Michael/Jackson 5 museum. Convert it for exhibits but leave the auditorium so we can see where they won their talent shows. People could just walk over from their house.

Last edited:
The problem with that is Roosevelt is not own by Gary it belong to the State(Not the Michael Jackson Estate) The State of School Broad because of the test scores. The state change it to a Academy schools and that why they can't display anything of Michael there. So they would have to build a brand new building.

Last edited:
The problem with that is Roosevelt is not own by Gary it belong to the State(Not the Michael Jackson Estate) The State of School Broad because of the test scores. The state change it to a Academy schools and that why they can't display anything of Michael there. So they would have to build a brand new building.
True, about being owned by the state. But I don't see why they couldn't buy it from Indiana and the state could build a new better school.
(They need/deserve an up to date modern school anyway).

I think that a Michael Jackson museum would be a good idea. I was also thinking of the idea of like opening up Neverland (just like they did Graceland for Elvis Presley). Something to keep his legacy alive for years to come. A place to show all the Michael Jackson artifacts and everything like that. Also a place in his hometown of Gary Indiana where they can show all the artifacts from his early career with the Jackson 5 and The Jacksons. I would gladly travel to both places to see all that.

I think that a Michael Jackson museum would be a good idea. I was also thinking of the idea of like opening up Neverland (just like they did Graceland for Elvis Presley). Something to keep his legacy alive for years to come. A place to show all the Michael Jackson artifacts and everything like that. Also a place in his hometown of Gary Indiana where they can show all the artifacts from his early career with the Jackson 5 and The Jacksons. I would gladly travel to both places to see all that.

Tbh I don't like the idea of neverland being made into the museum.
From what I know after the raid MJ no longer felt connected to Neverland as his home.
I personally would prefer an entirely new building be built.:)

^^all of that was checked into by Colony Capital. Zoning laws won't allow it. No infrastructure either.
People own those ranches for the peace and solitude and they would fight zoning changes tooth and nail.
Besides, Neverland was ruined for Michael years ago. I'll never feel the same way about it.

I'm beginning to understand what you guys are talking about Neverland. I think that it would be hard to do that with so little infrastructure over there. Michael once called that home. It was ruined for him in 2003 after the raid. I still think that a museum for Michael Jackson would still be a good idea but have a building in Los Angeles and another to showcase his early career in Gary, Indiana. You guys are right about Neverland. Too remote of a place to do something like that.

Back