Michael's Billboard Music Awards wins?

1990-2016

This list starts at 1990. Maybe he didn't win many after then, probably won most of them before 1990.

You're correct, MJ is the most awarded artist in billboard HIStory AND in world HIStory, also if I can remember correctly MJ didn't show up to a single billboard awards show.
I honestly think they put a cut off date on the list to try and make Tswift look impressive (they want her to be a legend so bad).
Pair that with the fact that nobody likes to give MJ his props and you have this list.

When it comes to the records that MJ holds you always have to do your OWN research because the media will always pretend he didn't accomplish a thing, while at the same time trying to bolster artist that are mediocre in comparison.

Things like these are why its important as MJ fans to never base MJ's GOAT status by his placing on a list because MJ very rarely tops any list.

Last edited:
Pink Diamond Princess;4150697 said:
Tswift look impressive (they want her to be a legend so bad).
Well, Beyoncé got Taylor beat at the Grammys. At the rate she's going, Beyoncé might eventually get the most Grammys, especially since there's been a lot of coverage on her new release Lemonade. All she needs is 12 more wins to get 1st place from Georg Solti, who is deceased. I doubt Quincy Jones, who is 2nd place (tied with country singer Alison Krauss) is going to win anymore. Alison is still active and has been nominated in recent years, so she might be competition for Beyoncé.

^Hadn't seen that second clip. Thanks for posting.

Interesting that they used the exact same musical cue to end both montages. Exactly what award was Michael receiving in 2002?

I never liked all these silly made up awards. I mean some of them had genuine significance but others just seemed like a token offering to get Michael involved.

You're correct, MJ is the most awarded artist in billboard HIStory AND in world HIStory, also if I can remember correctly MJ didn't show up to a single billboard awards show.
I honestly think they put a cut off date on the list to try and make Tswift look impressive (they want her to be a legend so bad).
Pair that with the fact that nobody likes to give MJ his props and you have this list.

No

the Wiki said The Billboard Music Awards show had been held annually since 1989

so 1990 - now are almost the full history of the awards, you see.
MJ can't even have ten wins in this new list
so he couldn't possibly won more than 30 awards in a single year of 1989.

I guess the cut off date theory is not right.
I wonder the facts. Is Wiki article wrong?

No

the Wiki said The Billboard Music Awards show had been held annually since 1989

so 1990 - now are almost the full history of the awards, you see.
MJ can't even have ten wins in this new list
so he couldn't possibly won more than 30 awards in a single year of 1989.

I guess the cut off date theory is not right.
I wonder the facts. Is Wiki article wrong?

hmm who could hold the record then, maybe Janet?
It HAS to be her or Michael.
Also Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and everyone so be careful using it for official info. :)

hmm who could hold the record then, maybe Janet?
It HAS to be her or Michael.
Also Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and everyone so be careful using it for official info. :)

Wikipedia can't be edited like it use to be. If you make changes that are false they're very quickly edited back. I once made a factual change, ironically, to an MJ page and it was removed. :mat:

Regarding the Billboard awards, MJ holds the record for the most Billboard Awards when covering all Billboard awards... supposedly (there is very little on it. Wikipedia contradicts itself on that subject). When speaking purely about Billboard Music Awards, Taylor Swift has the most. MJ has eight of those.

Last edited:
Back