RIP Mihaly "Michu" Meszaros

HIStory

Proud Member
ALF star Mihaly 'Michu' Meszaros dies at 76

June 13, 2016

Mihaly "Michu" Meszaros, the man who played ALF in the 1980s sitcom, died Sunday. He was 76.

Born in Hungary in 1939, Meszaros was 33 inches tall, and was a former circus star who also appeared in Big Top Pee Wee. A puppet was usually used to portray ALF, but Meszaros put on the ALF costume during the rare scenes where he was seen walking. He was also good friends with Michael Jackson, and regularly visited Neverland Ranch.

His manager, Dennis Varga, told ABC News Meszaros had a stroke on June 2, and slipped into a coma. He was also suffering from pneumonia. Catherine Garcia

http://theweek.com/speedreads/630007/alf-star-mihaly-michu-meszaros-dies-76

62ee1227cfc1ffe66fc65671aaece604.jpg

$_1.JPG

He was so cool!!!!! :)

I didnt know that he played alf though

Btw to all you fans who dont know he was on the dangerous cover album as well , you can see him if u look real closely at it. I think hes at the bottom on the left.....

Btw to all you fans who dont know he was on the dangerous cover album as well , you can see him if u look real closely at it. I think hes at the bottom on the left.....

Oh yes. On PT Barnum's head.

dangerous-high.jpg

those pics of Michael holding him are so cute
They are cute-especially the one that looks like it came from the Pepsi Dream commercial.
I didn't realize he had a beloved career with Ringling Brothers his whole life or that he was Alf or in the PeeWee Herman movie, etc. until I read his obituary. I just recognized his picture in the news report from the History promotions and of course the visits with Michael and Lisa to the hospitals.

It sounds like he had a good, fulfilling life. Rest in Peace.

RIP :(

I was thinking about him the other day when you posted a picture of him wearing Beat It T-Shirt at the MJ & LMP thread. It was cute he wore it like that.

Do we know more about his friendship with Michael?

C__KA19960722060-1024x575.jpg

So sad to hear this Michael knew some of the sweet ppls. Rest in peace Michu.:(

Last edited:
Back