Christine and the Queens cover of 'Who Is It'

Christine & The Queens records beautiful Michael Jackson cover - listen WHO IS IT

The rising French sensation takes on the classic 'Who Is It'

Christine & The Queens has recorded a devastating cover of the Michael Jackson classic 'Who Is It'. Check it out below.

Ahead of her upcoming UK tour and recorded for Annie Mac on BBC Radio One, the rising 'Tilted' sensation's take on the single from Jackson's 1991 album Dangerous is drenched in the cinematic melancholy that Christine does oh so well, adding her own European take on the heartache contained within his tale of isolation and infidelity. It's beautiful.

"I was wanted to cover one song by Michael, but it's quite a heavy burden," she says. "He's quite tough to cover, so I just one that I could bring back to my own way of performing and singing. I chose the song 'Who Is It' because and it's really sad, and I thought I could make it even sadder - if that is possible."

She continues: "Because Michael is always really groovy with his sadness. Let's do this 'white girl, totally depressed sadness and still see if it grooves."

LISTEN HERE - http://www.gigwise.com/news/107668/...covers-michael-jacksons-who-is-it-before-tour

Re: Christine & The Queens records beautiful Michael Jackson cover - listen WHO IS IT

I think it was quite nice for what it is. Thanks for pointing to it.

She's quite good. I really like her song Twisted or Tilted (I think the song has had its name changed about 3 times by now... the first name was a French title meaning "the strange kids"). It's very unique. I enjoy her dance routine to that song as well. At the end she says "twisted, twisted, twisted."

I like parts of this version of Who Is it, but obviously it is not as strong as MJ's.

Last edited:
Re: Christine & The Queens records beautiful Michael Jackson cover - listen WHO IS IT

They better not have wrecked it cuz this song is a classic rare my song !

I really appreciate her interpretation of this song. Michael Jackson's music is so versable.

Glad to see she picked song that is rarely covered and made her own haunting version of it.

I saw her and The Queens on Graham norton show and thought song was interesting and unique, but dancing was great

Glad to see she picked song that is rarely covered and made her own haunting version of it.

I saw her and The Queens on Graham norton show and thought song was interesting and unique, but dancing was great

MJ is still working his MAGIC. Even through others...

While i have this song and more of her's in my iTunes since last years summer & it always reminded me of MJ in more than one way, i never saw this performance..
And yet there it is, the MJ connection. It's there in plain sight, but still executed in a new & individual way.

I love it. She's a great artist. Will listen to the WII cover now...

I love this version of my favourite MJ song. Really nice.

Back