Celeb's who supported Michael in 93 =) ?.

Sparkle7MJ

Proud Member
Hi There :)

Who were the celebrity's who supported Michael in 1993. ? ;D

From Sparkle7MJ =)

Elizabeth Taylor:

31 Aug 1993

“You can imagine how he feels,” said actress Elizabeth Taylor. “How would you feel if you had these allegations against you?” The actress arrived in Singapore during the weekend to comfort Jackson and help him during his 35th birthday on Sunday.

“He’s a very sensitive, very vulnerable, very shy person,” she said on the syndicated TV show, “A Current Affair.” “I believe totally that Michael will be vindicated.”

1 Sep 1993

Considering Elizabeth Taylor’s precarious health, her insistence on joining Michael Jackson in Singapore was a bit foolhardy, but so typical of her 100 percent devotion to those she loves. Her doctors looked askance at the 20 hour flight to Asia, but Miz Liz would have thad to be physically restrained from going to her friend’s side.

She declined to comment on Jackson’s legal troubles beyond declaring, “I am a friend of Michael Jackson’s… I love him like a son and I support him with all my heart.”

Kurt Cobain
Interviewer: Story of the moment, the only thing we’re covering is this Michael Jackson thing, what do you think is happening? What do you think?
Kurt: We have no right to even-
Interviewer: Not saying you should speculate on his guilt or innocence but what do you think of the uproar or the-
Kurt: I think it’s ridiculous. They need a story. The press needs a story. Doesn’t matter what the story is, it’s a story. Why don’t you ask Latoya, she’ll tell you.
Interviewer: What do you think of LaToya?
Kurt: How can LaToya pose naked with a snake and not have sexual relations with her sleazy Las Vegas husband?
Kurt: So are the authorities calling Michael back to the states? Is he actually breaking a law right now?
Interviewer: Not yet, because he hasn’t been charged with any criminally but he has a civil suit pending. Supposed to be here this weekend.
Kurt: So he’s not jumping–
Interviewer: He’s not a fugitive, not yet.
Kurt: Well, so, what’s the big deal? He has a right to-
Interviewer: Well, I think that they think he’s acting suspicious.
Kurt: Speculation.
Kurt: I just feel really sorry for him.

Teddy Riley
“I can only say for myself that it’s not true (the allegations) because I have met this little boy and he’s been with Michael along with my daughter, and I’ve never seen anything occur, such as something stupid like that. I think it’s a money thing.”

Paul McCartney

(Apparently) Rang Michael in 1993 to give his support. Also said in an interview: "Linda and I are parents, and it's clear to us that Michael is not that kind of person."

Stevie Wonder
"I don't believe the allegations," Wonder told USA Today. "It seems to me, it's almost like a witch hunt." Wonder added, "It's like people build people up to destroy them. It's very sad". Wonder said of his good friend Michael, "I'm there for him and I always will be."

Quincy Jones
"It's awful the way things have been exaggerated. He's been indicted before he's even had a chance to say anything."

Frank DiLeo
Frank Dileo: "I would trust my own children with him, and have - he lived in my house in Encino for seven months. There is no way that he did this. It's not in his nature."

Bruce Swedien
"I am mortified and disgusted by what has been reported with no evidence of anything untoward. Michael is one of the most decent people I've ever met in my life. These allegations are preposterous."

Whitney Houston
"You do not convict someone of a crime that you have no idea he committed. This is something that was alleged. It has not been proven that Michael has done this. I hate the media for doing it to him, I really do."

Brooke S.hields
Brooke S.hields issued a statement Friday supporting Jackson, a longtime friend. “I know Michael extremely well,” ******* said. “He is a person for whom I have the highest respect and whose decency is unquestionable… I cannot believe the allegations that have inflicted pain and heartache on one of the kindest people I know.”

Maximilian Schell

Sent this letter to the Hollywood Reporter, paid for it to be printed on the back of every cover.

NOV, 19 1993

TO: MICHAEL JACKSON
(SOMEWHERE ON THIS PLANET)

DEAR MICHAEL,

I AM DEEPLY ASHAMED — FOR THE PRESS, FOR THE MEDIA, FOR THE WORLD – I don’t know you – we met only ONCE on one of those Award-Dinners (“ENTERTAINER of the DECADE”) – We shook hands – you were kind and polite – I don’t think you knew who I was – HOW SHOULD YOU? OUR WORLDS ARE TOO FAR APART – (I am more, “CLASSICAL” – minded -) but I looked into your eyes — THEY WERE KIND — You are a great artist and I admire you – my little daughter (she is 9½) LOVES YOU! DEEPLY – SHE EVEN WANTS TO MARRY YOU! (-“BUT HE NEVER CALLS ME!”) SHE IMITATES YOU ALL THE TIME – and quite well – WE ALL LOVE YOU

I would like her more to listen to MOZART – but she loves YOU! AND I RESPECT HER TASTE! — THAT YOU SURVIVE THIS AVALANCHE OF DIRT THROWN AT YOU – I ADMIRE TREMENDOUSLY – THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE!

GOD BLESS YOU,
Maximilian Schell

P.S. “ONE CAN ONLY SEE GOOD WITH THE HEART – THE ESSENTIAL IS INVISIBLE FOR THE EYES” – (“THE LITTLE PRINCE”)

------------------------------------------------------

There's more I'm sure, and there is a whole collection of quotes from other celebrities here too, but these pertain mainly to the 2005 trial. Celebrites including but not limited to:
-Aaron Carter
-Alicia Keys
-Amy Winehouse
-Barry Gibb
-Britney Spears
-Debbie Rowe
-Carrie Fisher (read here)
-Celine Dion
-Chuck D
-Cliff Richard
-Dick Gregory
-DMX
-Donald Trump
-Emmanuel Lewis
-Gregory Peck
-James Brown
-Jermaine Dupri
-Kelly Rowland
-Liza Minnelli
-LL Cool J
-Macauley Culkin
-Magic Johnson
-Madonna
-Nelly
-Nicole Richie
-Paul Townsend
-Paula Cole
-Prince (specifically banned negative discussion on his websites forums)
-Queen Latifah
-Rick James
-Steve Harvey
-Usher
-Wade Robson (ugh).

They all spoke out in support of Michael from 2002 onwards (alongside some of the celebrities I already quoted too) and I would've listed their quotes too, but you asked for 1993. :)

Last edited:
Phil Collins - ''When children see Michael Jackson, they see a human being. When adults see Michael Jackson, they see money''

And during the 2005 trial, Prince banned anyone from his website who had anything negetive to say about Michael

Wow! People always said Prince hated MJ. I guess you can't believe EVERYTHING.

Arnold Schwarzenegger supported Michael during the 2005 trial.

The band SWV supported him in 1993. Before one of their live performances of 'Right Here (Human Nature Remix)' they said 'We'd like to send this one out to Michael Jackson, we want to let you know we're behind you 100%'.

HIStoric;4180524 said:
Elizabeth Taylor:

31 Aug 1993

“You can imagine how he feels,” said actress Elizabeth Taylor. “How would you feel if you had these allegations against you?” The actress arrived in Singapore during the weekend to comfort Jackson and help him during his 35th birthday on Sunday.

“He’s a very sensitive, very vulnerable, very shy person,” she said on the syndicated TV show, “A Current Affair.” “I believe totally that Michael will be vindicated.”

1 Sep 1993

Considering Elizabeth Taylor’s precarious health, her insistence on joining Michael Jackson in Singapore was a bit foolhardy, but so typical of her 100 percent devotion to those she loves. Her doctors looked askance at the 20 hour flight to Asia, but Miz Liz would have thad to be physically restrained from going to her friend’s side.

She declined to comment on Jackson’s legal troubles beyond declaring, “I am a friend of Michael Jackson’s… I love him like a son and I support him with all my heart.”

Kurt Cobain
Interviewer: Story of the moment, the only thing we’re covering is this Michael Jackson thing, what do you think is happening? What do you think?
Kurt: We have no right to even-
Interviewer: Not saying you should speculate on his guilt or innocence but what do you think of the uproar or the-
Kurt: I think it’s ridiculous. They need a story. The press needs a story. Doesn’t matter what the story is, it’s a story. Why don’t you ask Latoya, she’ll tell you.
Interviewer: What do you think of LaToya?
Kurt: How can LaToya pose naked with a snake and not have sexual relations with her sleazy Las Vegas husband?
Kurt: So are the authorities calling Michael back to the states? Is he actually breaking a law right now?
Interviewer: Not yet, because he hasn’t been charged with any criminally but he has a civil suit pending. Supposed to be here this weekend.
Kurt: So he’s not jumping–
Interviewer: He’s not a fugitive, not yet.
Kurt: Well, so, what’s the big deal? He has a right to-
Interviewer: Well, I think that they think he’s acting suspicious.
Kurt: Speculation.
Kurt: I just feel really sorry for him.

Teddy Riley
“I can only say for myself that it’s not true (the allegations) because I have met this little boy and he’s been with Michael along with my daughter, and I’ve never seen anything occur, such as something stupid like that. I think it’s a money thing.”

Paul McCartney

(Apparently) Rang Michael in 1993 to give his support. Also said in an interview: "Linda and I are parents, and it's clear to us that Michael is not that kind of person."

Stevie Wonder
"I don't believe the allegations," Wonder told USA Today. "It seems to me, it's almost like a witch hunt." Wonder added, "It's like people build people up to destroy them. It's very sad". Wonder said of his good friend Michael, "I'm there for him and I always will be."

Quincy Jones
"It's awful the way things have been exaggerated. He's been indicted before he's even had a chance to say anything."

Frank DiLeo
Frank Dileo: "I would trust my own children with him, and have - he lived in my house in Encino for seven months. There is no way that he did this. It's not in his nature."

Bruce Swedien
"I am mortified and disgusted by what has been reported with no evidence of anything untoward. Michael is one of the most decent people I've ever met in my life. These allegations are preposterous."

Whitney Houston
"You do not convict someone of a crime that you have no idea he committed. This is something that was alleged. It has not been proven that Michael has done this. I hate the media for doing it to him, I really do."

Brooke S.hields
Brooke S.hields issued a statement Friday supporting Jackson, a longtime friend. “I know Michael extremely well,” ******* said. “He is a person for whom I have the highest respect and whose decency is unquestionable… I cannot believe the allegations that have inflicted pain and heartache on one of the kindest people I know.”

Maximilian Schell

Sent this letter to the Hollywood Reporter, paid for it to be printed on the back of every cover.

NOV, 19 1993

TO: MICHAEL JACKSON
(SOMEWHERE ON THIS PLANET)

DEAR MICHAEL,

I AM DEEPLY ASHAMED — FOR THE PRESS, FOR THE MEDIA, FOR THE WORLD – I don’t know you – we met only ONCE on one of those Award-Dinners (“ENTERTAINER of the DECADE”) – We shook hands – you were kind and polite – I don’t think you knew who I was – HOW SHOULD YOU? OUR WORLDS ARE TOO FAR APART – (I am more, “CLASSICAL” – minded -) but I looked into your eyes — THEY WERE KIND — You are a great artist and I admire you – my little daughter (she is 9½) LOVES YOU! DEEPLY – SHE EVEN WANTS TO MARRY YOU! (-“BUT HE NEVER CALLS ME!”) SHE IMITATES YOU ALL THE TIME – and quite well – WE ALL LOVE YOU

I would like her more to listen to MOZART – but she loves YOU! AND I RESPECT HER TASTE! — THAT YOU SURVIVE THIS AVALANCHE OF DIRT THROWN AT YOU – I ADMIRE TREMENDOUSLY – THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE!

GOD BLESS YOU,
Maximilian Schell

P.S. “ONE CAN ONLY SEE GOOD WITH THE HEART – THE ESSENTIAL IS INVISIBLE FOR THE EYES” – (“THE LITTLE PRINCE”)

------------------------------------------------------

There's more I'm sure, and there is a whole collection of quotes from other celebrities here too, but these pertain mainly to the 2005 trial. Celebrites including but not limited to:
-Aaron Carter
-Alicia Keys
-Amy Winehouse
-Barry Gibb
-Britney Spears
-Debbie Rowe
-Carrie Fisher (read here)
-Celine Dion
-Chuck D
-Cliff Richard
-Dick Gregory
-DMX
-Donald Trump
-Emmanuel Lewis
-Gregory Peck
-James Brown
-Jermaine Dupri
-Kelly Rowland
-Liza Minnelli
-LL Cool J
-Macauley Culkin
-Magic Johnson
-Madonna
-Nelly
-Nicole Richie
-Paul Townsend
-Paula Cole
-Prince (specifically banned negative discussion on his websites forums)
-Queen Latifah
-Rick James
-Steve Harvey
-Usher
-Wade Robson (ugh).

They all spoke out in support of Michael from 2002 onwards (alongside some of the celebrities I already quoted too) and I would've listed their quotes too, but you asked for 1993. :)

A very informative list.:D

The rap duo Back 2 Back (twin brothers) made a song in order to support MJ at that time.

The song was called ‘Michael’ & it was the first single from their debut album that came out in December (1993).

The lyrics of that song (“… Michael we believe in you… we will stand by your side…”) but also its accompanied music clip are entirely in support of MJ.

[video=youtube;jkbEDLDnVCg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkbEDLDnVCg[/video]

^^^ Had no idea about that; just watched it. Very, very sweet.

The list HIStoric posted is quite amazing. Another name that needs to be in there is Bono - during their Dublin show on the Zooropa tour 1993; "Michael Jackson, if you're out there, I don't believe you're bad. Guilty before you've been given a chance." Got the above from a post in a thread partially related to it dating back to 2010.

It's beautiful to see how many people showed support in those darkest hours - everyone from fellow artists to kids and fans of all ages and races, from the ones who were there everyday outside that courtroom in Santa Maria to the prayer warriors thousands of miles away. It's so comforting to know that he never faced those lies alone bereft of support and understanding. And in 2005 his entire family became an united front right there by his side. I'm so very thankful to anyone and everyone who believed in him and sustained him.

FortéFord;4180556 said:
Wow! People always said Prince hated MJ. I guess you can't believe EVERYTHING.

I think it's safe to say that Prince did not hate MJ, at all.

Nice to know that Prince supported Michael during his darkest hours

HIStoric;4180524 said:

-Donald Trump

I didn't know much about Donald Trump's relationship with Michael before stumbling on this page: http://www.makingmichael.co.uk/sing...The-full-story-behind-a-mysterious-friendship

But I have to say, reading this was heartwarming. Over the years Trump has shared some beautiful and funny stories about his time with Michael and said some truly moving things about him. I just wanted to share some of the best bits:

When Michael was living in Trump Tower in 1994:
One night, they went for dinner at Manhattan’s Le Cirque restaurant. “It was as if he had never seen a menu before, and we carefully went over each item,” Trump recalls. “But what was most amazing were the looks on the distinguished faces in the room as they came over to our table practically begging for an autograph. These are people who had probably never asked for anyone’s autograph before, and I can guarantee you, it was not easy for them to do. They would always start by saying, ‘I have a son who is a big fan of yours, Mr Jackson. Could you give him an autograph’? But I believe it was for them, not their sons. One woman, one of the most socially prominent in New York, known for her attitude approached our table trying to look cool, then slightly tripped. She grabbed the table for support and asked in the same breath, ‘Mr Jackson, can I have your autograph’? It was amazing to see this woman, whom I have known for years, so flustered and nervous.”

About Michael and Lisa Marie:
“People often ask me whether or not the relationship was a sham and I give them an emphatic no. I can tell you, for at least a period of time, these two folks were really getting it on.”

Melania Trump with Michael:
Melania recalls how she hit it off with Jackson. Melania said: “Just after dinner, we were chatting on the sofa and my husband went into another room to see some art somebody wanted to show him. And Michael said to me, 'Hey, when Trump comes back, let's start kissing so he will be jealous’!” The two didn’t kiss. "But we were laughing so hard,” she says.

When defending Michael in 2004:
“I'm going to stick up for him, because nobody else is,” Trump told Larry King. “But I don't believe it."

“He lived in Trump Tower. I knew what was happening with Michael Jackson. You know what was happening? Absolutely nothing. I had many people that worked for me in the building, and believe me, they would tell me if anything was wrong."

“And if you look at the mother of this young man [Gavin Arvizo], she has had plenty of experience at going after people. And she goes after them viciously and violently, and I saw a story and I read another story about some of the things she's done."

Trump later reiterated his point, and said his young children were often in Jackson’s company when he was living in Trump Tower in 1994. “Michael would spend a lot of time with my kids,” Trump said. “Michael would come, play with the kids. He just loved children. He was not a child molester and I am certain of that. He’d play with my son Eric and my son Donald and he’d just play with them forever.”

After Michael's death:

“If I ever needed him for something, he’d always be there,” Trump said. “He was very loyal to his friends.”

“He was an amazing guy, but beyond all else, he was the greatest entertainer I've ever known,” he said. “He had magic. He was a genius. He was also a really good person, and when you got to know him, you realized how smart he was. He was brilliant."

“I’ve had every entertainer working for me more or less. I knew Pavarotti, I knew all of the great entertainers. I think the greatest entertainer that I have ever seen was Michael Jackson. There’s never been anyone like him.”

I don't by any means condone all the things that Trump has said or done lately but I do believe he was a true friend to Michael (I'm impressed that he even did research on the Arvizos) and understood him, maybe even more now that he has experienced the full attack of the media which Michael had to deal with for many years. I hope that these sentiments and his friendship with Michael are a reflection of his true heart, of tolerance to people from different backgrounds and races, and that these principles will guide him as President.

Back