Thriller is on its way to having 400M views on YouTube, a modern music streaming platform.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
It's currently at 380M.
I thought it was truly impressive that a short film released so long ago still gets viewed so much on a modern music streaming platform, so I made a thread.:lol:

Haha! That's crazy! I remember last Halloween Thriller reached 1m views in one day which is crazy for an 80's music video. It also was no. 1 on iTunes Video and I believe 3rd on iTunes. I guess Thriller never dies!

Pink Diamond Princess;4181093 said:
I thought it was truly impressive that a short film released so long ago still gets viewed so much on a modern music streaming platform

Das cos it's Thriller man! THRILLER!!!!

FortéFord;4181095 said:
Haha! That's crazy! I remember last Halloween Thriller reached 1m views in one day which is crazy for an 80's music video. It also was no. 1 on iTunes Video and I believe 3rd on iTunes. I guess Thriller never dies!

Thriller is the Halloween song! :D Oh man I love that music video and that outfit too!!! The epitome of awesome.

I love when MJ stuff gets recognized decades upon decades after the fact

I bet MJ never thought when he was making Thriller then it would become a theme song for Halloween.

It's unbelievable how NO one asked these simple questions to Michael himself about his art - all those interviews over the years and yet NO one asked about his art on why or how he came up with certain songs.

It's unbelievable how NO one asked these simple questions to Michael himself about his art - all those interviews over the years and yet NO one asked about his art on why or how he came up with certain songs.

This is one of the best interviews MJ gave!

I wonder what the impact of Thriller 3D will be. Will it trigger a new hype? Will it make Thriller chart again? Or will it gain more views on YouTube?

There are some interviews (like the one Rudolf posted), but it's sad that many of his interviews from the 1990s onwards focused more on his private life.

It's insulting that his most in-depth interviews regarding his art weren't conducted by journalists, but by lawyers in a handful of court depositions!

I wonder what the impact of Thriller 3D will be. Will it trigger a new hype? Will it make Thriller chart again? Or will it gain more views on YouTube?

Honestly I think none at all... I don't see a Thriller 3D will do anything. - It will come and go and only diehard fans will know.
5 years from now if you ask random people on the strett I think very very few of them will have seen or even know Thriller 3D exists.

I hope I'm wrong of course - would be very nice if it's a massive succes, but I doubt it.

It's insulting that his most in-depth interviews regarding his art weren't conducted by journalists, but by lawyers in a handful of court depositions!

I couldn't agree more. - Those deposition videos are real treasures to get an insight in the creation. - It's exactly like any MJ interview should have been...

There are some interviews (like the one Rudolf posted), but it's sad that many of his interviews from the 1990s onwards focused more on his private life.

I love the Ebony interview and I could listen to the depositions for hours. It's such a pleasure to listen to Michael discuss his music.
But DuranDuran pointed out in another thread that it's most likely because of who he chose to give interviews to. Had he talked to a serious music publication, it would have been different than Oprah, Diane, or Barbara.
I never thought about that before and that's probably true.

I love the Ebony interview and I could listen to the depositions for hours. It's such a pleasure to listen to Michael discuss his music.

Sure is! Imagine being the jury in that trial... having Michael Jackson up on the stand (ok through a tape but hey), talking about his creative process, singing into the microphone and even getting to hear demos!! I love how as soon as he talks about his music, he lights up and even gets carried away with singing/beat boxing at times :D

But DuranDuran pointed out in another thread that it's most likely because of who he chose to give interviews to. Had he talked to a serious music publication, it would have been different than Oprah, Diane, or Barbara.
I never thought about that before and that's probably true.

Huh... never thought of that either. Good point.

Back