Drake wants to be like Michael.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
He said this in a very recent interview (like a day or so ago I think).

"I write pop songs for a reason. I wanna be like Michael Jackson, I wanna be like artists I look up to. Those are pop songs, but I never get credit for that." -Drake

Here's a link to the interview (or at least a Drake's responses to the interviewer).
What he says about MJ is in the part about the Grammys.
http://www.rap-up.com/2017/02/19/drake-talks-kanye-west-nicki-minaj-ghostwriting-more-life/

Last edited:
Drake isn't even on Justin Bieber's level, much less Michael Jackson.

Honorable that he strives to match the guy though.

I must be getting really old. Because I have never even heard of him before. Who ever he is. I am sure he is going to keep on trying to be like Michael. Though I don't think that is ever going to happen. Because no one will ever be as good as Michael Jackson is.

Find this Drake guy really annoying. He just has a very slapable face. Good that he looks up to MJ though.

58296564.jpg

When I read this, I thought he was talking about racism in the industry and how you are put in a box. They nominated him in the "rap" category, when he feels like they are 'pop' songs for everyone (like Michael did).

His remarks reminded me of the hurt Michael felt when "Off the Wall" was nominated for only two R&B Awards, when it should have been nominated for Album of the Year. It sold massive copies and WAS popular with all races, ages, sexes. I can't say if Drake has that same appeal, since I'm not familiar with any of his work-but it's good that he has goals like that.

Good to have Michael as your idol. But you won't be like him. Michael was not a musician only, but he also was a humanitarian. And that's exactly the thing why we love Michael. He didn't brag about anything. He really cared about this planet. A true hero.

I didn't read that as he wants to be MJ, which isn't possible, just that he wants to create quality music and be recognized fairly for that. But only thing is MJ was more than just pop. He added so many elements into his music besides pop. Rock, classical elements etc..

Well who doesn't want to be like Michael Jackson? I don't blame him

Back