Why are there so many PRO Bad Tour Japan 87 shows available?

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Why is that? I mean there are like 5 concerts from Japan available in PRO quality, with some bad VHS degradation. Did MJ strike some kind of deal with some company to air some of the shows? It makes me wonder if there are any 88 PRO Japan concerts out there somewhere that someone has.

Oh and btw the 87 concerts are MJ's best concerts ever. There I said it. Just look at this WBSS performance, his voice, his energy, his moves, his fashion, his looks. This here is a man at his peak, at least when it comes to live performance.

[youtube]W66HWQHMH7I[/youtube]

Last edited:
It makes me wonder if there are any 88 PRO concerts out there somewhere

Wasn't Los Angeles 1989 planned for a VHS release, but was cancelled? Out of all the footage from the 88/89 shows I've seen, that one has the best quality. (With the exception of Man In The Mirror from Moonwalker and the Another Part Of Me live music video)

Wasn't Los Angeles 1989 planned for a VHS release, but was cancelled? Out of all the footage from the 88/89 shows I've seen, that one has the best quality. (With the exception of Man In The Mirror from Moonwalker and the Another Part Of Me live music video)

Oh sorry I meant to write "88 PRO Japan shows". But now that we are on that subject I don't know i fi believe in the LA 89 VHS Release. Apart from fans are there any other source that confirms this?

I wish the 87 shows had more songs from the BAD album. Imagine Another Part Of Me with 87 vocals.

Why have Channel 4 blocked this video in the UK?

Why would they have ownership of the content?

I would love a properly mastered live CD of Yokohama. Its the holy grail of live performances.

To me it has the definitive performances of WBSS, Things I Do For You, Heartbreak Hotel (his best live performance IMO), Motown Medley, Rock With You, Shake Your Body. Flawless.

I would love a properly mastered live CD of Yokohama. Its the holy grail of live performances.

Yeah, these countless bootleg Yokohama CD's you can find everywhere on Amazon don't give it enough justice.

To me it has the definitive performances of WBSS, Things I Do For You, Heartbreak Hotel (his best live performance IMO), Motown Medley, Rock With You, Shake Your Body. Flawless.

Yokohama is a great, great show! Many take it for granted because it has been available for a long time. The Osaka concerts were also incredible but my personal favorite is the 3rd tokyo show (the silver shirt concert on the video I posted).

If they were to release a 87 concert I think they not only need to remix the audio but also the video. Add more angles and make it more interesting. The way they mixed Heartbreak Hotel from the legend continues is the way I want to see an MJ concert on DVD/blu ray. Jumbotrone angles gets boring after a while.

I wish Yokohama 87 (or one of those all-live sung first leg BAD Tour concerts) would be available to TV stations again in good quality, so they wouldn't have to repeat the aweful Madison Square Garden 2001 show again and again.

Yokohama is a great, great show! Many take it for granted because it has been available for a long time. The Osaka concerts were also incredible but my personal favorite is the 3rd tokyo show (the silver shirt concert on the video I posted).

I was guilty of this for years. But in the end, it's the show I go back to as the definitive, must have MJ show and if I had to pick a show to give to someone to watch, this would be it.

Back