Diffrent Versii0n 0f Black 0r White. ? =)

MJ4

Proud Member
:ciao:

Hi there i was watching a l0ng versi0n 0f Black 0r white. 0n utube =)

& at the end it 0nly had him dancing . ????

But n0 bad stuff in it. ?

D0e's any1 kn0w why. ????

Thanks MJ4 ;D

Define bad stuff? Do you mean the graffiti on the windows etc? There's only two versions of the full Black or White film, I shall let Wikipedia answer:

Controversy was generated concerning the last four minutes of the original music video. Jackson walks out of the studio as a black panther and then morphs into himself. Then he walks outside to perform some of his most physically complicated dance techniques, in a similar way to "Billie Jean". The scene is also very similar to that of a commercial Jackson appeared in for L.A. Gear in 1989. This part contained sexually suggestive scenes when Jackson starts to grab his crotch, and then zips his pants up.

In the original version, Jackson is seen smashing windows, destroying a car and causing an inn (called the "Royal Arms") to explode. Jackson later apologized saying that the violent and suggestive behavior was an interpretation of the animal instinct of a black panther, and MTV and other music video networks removed the last four minutes from subsequent broadcasts.

To make the vandalism and violence more understandable to viewers, an altered version was produced, with racial messages added via CGI graffiti to the windows Jackson breaks. The version included in the box set Michael Jackson's Vision is the aired, televised version without the graffiti, and does not include the "prejudice is ignorance" title card.

Here's a bunch of visual examples:
57u3cCl.jpg

Last edited:
MJ4;4187644 said:
:ciao:

Hi there i was watching a l0ng versi0n 0f Black 0r white. 0n utube =)

& at the end it 0nly had him dancing . ????

But n0 bad stuff in it. ?

D0e's any1 kn0w why. ????

Thanks MJ4 ;D

About that “bad stuff”, MJ himself explained his original intentions & what he (visually) wanted to achieve with the full, uncut version of his ‘Black or White’ music clip:

"I wanted to do a dance number [and] I told my sister Janet, I said, 'You remind me of a black panther.' I said, 'Why you don't do something where you transform into a black panther and you transform into yourself again?' She said, 'I like it,' but she didn't go with it," he explained. "The two of us, we always think alike. So I did it. And in the dance, I said, 'I want to do a dance number where I can let out my frustration about injustice and prejudice and racism and bigotry,' and within the dance I became upset and let go. I think at the time people were concerned with the violent content of the piece, but it's, like, easy to look at. It's simple." (Michael Jackson, 1999)

HIStoric;4187646 said:
Here's a bunch of visual examples:

These comparison, video screenshots you posted look really interesting.

But, to be honest I hate it when videos (any videos, movies, music clips, etc) come out in different versions. I mean, too many different versions (in order to satisfy some standards, such as age, beliefs, etc.) can literally ruin the original video’s idea(s) leaving in that way the viewers rather confounded as to which is its exact message.

^Honestly I prefer the version with the graffiti. I think it works better.

Back