Michael & Stephanie Mills

DirrtyDiana69

Proud Member
I just found a cute pic of MJ & Stephanie Mills. Stephanie is a singer for those of who don't know who's hits include Whatcha Gonna Do with My Lovin', Love Like This Before, Put Your Body In It, among others. She said in an interview a few years ago that she used to date MJ briefly when he was in NY filming "The Wiz" during the 70's and claimed that he was a great kisser & she also said that she did his laundry one time and that he looked cute in boxers lol. It was a really nice interview.

mjstephaniemills.jpg

:wub: Aaaaaw. That´s so cute. I had never heard this story before. I´ve never seen a photo of MJ looking in love the way he did in those. He didn´t have that look with LMP even. Puppy love! And I´m not surprised he´s a good kisser. He has the lips and the sensitivity for it :yes:

JN

:wub: Aaaaaw. That´s so cute. I had never heard this story before. I´ve never seen a photo of MJ looking in love the way he did in those. He didn´t have that look with LMP even. Puppy love! And I´m not surprised he´s a good kisser. He has the lips and the sensitivity for it :yes:

JN[/b]

I know I love that picture! I never even heard about him dating Stephanie Mills until recently either but I love the first pic. He genuinely seems to like her-you can see it in his eyes. What a lucky girl!

I just found a cute pic of MJ & Stephanie Mills. Stephanie is a singer for those of who don't know who's hits include Whatcha Gonna Do with My Lovin', Love Like This Before, Put Your Body In It, among others. She said in an interview a few years ago that she used to date MJ briefly when he was in NY filming "The Wiz" during the 70's and claimed that he was a great kisser & she also said that she did his laundry one time and that he looked cute in boxers lol. It was a really nice interview.

mjstephaniemills.jpg
[/b]

Cool, he looks sweet there lol. IUs ther footage of this interview on youtube? Or better yet, could you post it?

Cool, he looks sweet there lol. IUs ther footage of this interview on youtube? Or better yet, could you post it?[/b]

I looked on youtube and didn't see any footage of this but Stephanie told Ebony Magazine back in the 80's that she thought she & MJ were going to get married lol, I thought that was cute. Here is an interview that MJ did back in the 70's and Stephanie was there as well:

25 Unforgettable Interview Moments - celebrity interviews - Interview
Interview, July, 1994

MICHAEL JACKSON 1977

Andy Warhol, Catherine Guinness, and Susan Blond were on the scene for this interview with Jackson. It took place at the Park Avenue nightspot Regine's. The lady who asked Jackson to dance at the end is Stephanie Mills, the star of The Wiz. The piece was published in March 1977. It was redacted by Chris Hemphill.

SUSAN BLOND: How many millions of records have you sold altogether? Eighty?

MICHAEL JACKSON: Sixty.

SB: When we signed the Jacksons on Epic, we also, in that deal, set it up so they'll put out Michael Jackson albums, too.

ANDY WARHOL: Great. Do you have any dogs?

MJ: I have three--a Doberman and two German shepherds.

AW: Three scary dogs. Why do you have three scary dogs?

MJ: They guard our house.

SB: Tell him about your parrot.

AW: He talks? What does he say?

MJ: He's crazy. He laughs, he cries, he says hello, he says goodbye, he sings opera. . . .

AW: Really? What operas?

MJ: He's crazy. Barry White gave him to me for Christmas.

SB: Today, right before this interview, Michael went to the zoo here because he really loves that kind of stuff.

MJ: I used to have a lot of animal birds but I had to get rid of them. I had a peacock, an ostrich. . .

SB: In your house? Walking around?

MJ: Yeah, we used to. We moved from there. We moved because the homes were too close. We built a studio in the house--sixteen-track, you know, and everything--and when we'd rehearse the neighbors would complain. So we moved.

AW: What movie stars complained? All of them?

MJ: Only one movie star complained. Frank Sinatra lived right above us.

AW: He complained?

MJ: No, he never complained. But his balcony was right over us.

AW: Really? Did you ever see him?

MJ: Yeah, I've seen him lots of times.

AW: But on the balcony?

MJ: Never on the balcony.

AW: Oh.

MJ: Do you have any pictures of yourself? Could you send me one?

AW: I'll send you one of me if you send me one of you.

SB: Oh, that's cute.

MJ: Do you know Stevie Wonder?

AW: I met him once when he was playing with Mick Jagger at Madison Square Garden? He's really great. I gave him a camera for a present and he was taking pictures with it but I don't know if he ever, ahh . . .

STEPHANIE MILLS: C'mon, Michael, let's dance.

MJ: Let me watch.

SM: Oh, c'mon, Michael, please . . .

MJ: It's just I'm not used to dancin' if . . .

SB: If he's not paid for it.

SM: Michael, Michael . . .

MJ: I'm going to watch. I don't like to be put on the spot.

CATHERINE GUINNESS: If a young lady asks you to dance, you can't refuse.

SM: Michael, please. Michael, Michael, Michael . . . [MJ agrees to get up and dance.]

^^OMG!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: !!! THAT'S IT??? WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF IT??? WHAT HAPPENED THEN?? C'MON.....

^^^^

Lmao! I don't know what happened next. I got that interview from another MJ fansite but that's all I found. I don't think there is a next part of the interview, but I would have liked to have known what happened next for sure haha.

He spoke about her briefly in the Moonwalk book.

I had seen the Broadway show too, which was certainly no letdown. I swear I saw it six or seven times. I later became very friendly with the star of the show, Stephanie Mills, the Broadway Dorothy. I told her then, and I've always believed since, that it was a tragedy that her performance in the play could not have been preserved on film. I cried time after time.[/b]

"very friendly" hee-hee :jump:

Thank you so much for the audio! She seems very real. It´s sad that she felt that MJ didn´t want a black wife, but I love that she calls him a real man. We all know he is, but a lot of people don´t.

That first pic is just soooo :wub: They really look they're in love :wub:

Thank you so much for the audio! She seems very real. It´s sad that she felt that MJ didn´t want a black wife, but I love that she calls him a real man. We all know he is, but a lot of people don´t.[/b]

I doubt MJ "didn't want" a "black" wife :rolleyes: . I mean we all know how he felt about Diana Ross. But you know circumstances meant that he married LMP and Debbie. I doubt it's about colour, probably more to do with, who he met, falling in love, who he could trust (at the time), wanting to settle down and have kids etc...

I doubt MJ "didn't want" a "black" wife :rolleyes: . I mean we all know how he felt about Diana Ross. But you know circumstances meant that he married LMP and Debbie. I doubt it's about colour, probably more to do with, who he met, falling in love, who he could trust (at the time), wanting to settle down and have kids etc...[/b]

Just to be clear, I wasn´t expressing what I think but what she felt. She said that she was "a little too dark for him", and it´s sad that she felt that way. I have no idea why MJ´s had predominantly fairskinned girlfriends. Perhaps it´s coincidence, or perhaps he just happens to go for that look for whatever reason. I mean I´m part greek but I don´t go for Greek men at all. It doesn´t mean I hate them or myself, it´s just not what attracts me most. Know what I mean?

I've always wondered why Stephanie is wearing different clothes in those photos while Mike is wearing the exact same thing. :lol:

And thanks for the transcript, I've never read that before! :D
So I'm guessing that Michael didn't end up dancing...what a party pooper. :lol:

I've always wondered why Stephanie is wearing different clothes in those photos while Mike is wearing the exact same thing. :lol:

And thanks for the transcript, I've never read that before! :D
So I'm guessing that Michael didn't end up dancing...what a party pooper. :lol:[/b]

No, he did actually dance in the end. He was just very shy about it LOL.

No, he did actually dance in the end. He was just very shy about it LOL.[/b]
Ah, OK. Like how he was shy about singing in front of Quincy's daughter and her friends...but ended up doing it anyway to not hurt their feelings? :lol:

Just to be clear, I wasn´t expressing what I think but what she felt. She said that she was "a little too dark for him", and it´s sad that she felt that way. I have no idea why MJ´s had predominantly fairskinned girlfriends. Perhaps it´s coincidence, or perhaps he just happens to go for that look for whatever reason. I mean I´m part greek but I don´t go for Greek men at all. It doesn´t mean I hate them or myself, it´s just not what attracts me most. Know what I mean?[/b]

Yeah, that's what I was saying :flowers:. It probably IS coincidence, SM most likely hasn't chatted to him years, yet she had to come up with that stupid irrelevant comment. Oh well, cute interview overall anyway, what i'd do to see him in his boxers :lol:

I think Stephanie was still in love with Michael even after they stopped talking 'cause did you all know she has a song called "Something In The Way You Make Me Feel" which came out a year after MJ's song "The Way You Make Me Feel". And a few years earlier she recorded a song called "His Name Is Michael"? and she also did a cover of MJ's "She's Out Of My Life" except it was called "He's Out of My Life". Plus she married Jeffrey Daniels which is the dude who taught MJ to moonwalk.

Back