So You Think You Can Dance 3

KOPV

Proud Member
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE begins tonight, I love to see the dorks thinking they can move, and those who got major talent.. I am looking foward for this season to start. Hopefully we get some MJ inspired dancers to the main show. I'm sure we'll get some MJ wannabe's too, durring tryout rounds.. ha ha :)

next weeks will be great.. The preview got me excited..

Last night my favorite part was 'sex' lol!!

it's a great show, I recomend this to everyone.. It's an "american Idol" for dancing. I enjoy it more than AI because I love dance, but you see them GROW so much as a dancer.. In the beggining I'm like. "Non of these people deserve to be on the show" then weeks go by and I'm like Wow!

I love it.. Wade Robbson is on next week as a guest judge

GAHHH! I saw my Benji tonight! He was dancing with his sister Lacey (she's the one auditioning of course). I just love him so much like....GAHHHH!

Thursday night.. IDK the time, it depends on the state.. Prolly around the same time as AI was on.. I think for me it's 7pm FOx

give me some news about the season 3, pleeeeeeease...
I'm a fan of the show and BENJI Schwimmer (sp?) :D

You love Benji too! Cool!

Well, it comes on tonight, and they are in Vegas (the second stage of the audition process).[/b]

ABSOLUTELY... he is :sarmoti A W E S O M E

thanks for the info :flowers:

that one woman judge gets on my nerves with her laugh. Sheesh! lol Soooo annoying! I want Wade to be a full-time judge on there. :(

Did anybody see the dancers in Atlanta do that dance that Michael and his brothers do during "Shake Your Body?"

Mary Murphy is her name. Yeah, her laugh is pretty damn annoying, especially her "Mary Scream" :lol:

And yeah, I saw them doing that dance too in Atlanta!

Mary Murphy is her name. Yeah, her laugh is pretty damn annoying, especially her "Mary Scream" :lol:

And yeah, I saw them doing that dance too in Atlanta![/b]

yeah, it IS :lol:

That shows funny, it's not like AI, because they actually accept professionaly trained dancers onto the show. It's kind of silly, because a lot of these dancers could easily get work as a backup dancer in some broadway show or vegas show, etc... I don't know why they even audition for that show. What's their prize again?

I mean, a lot of these guys have obviously had extensive background training. Maybe they just don't know how to break into the business.

have I said how much I love Wade? :wub: He's so darn cute!!! and he's very talented...the dancers did a great job with the routine that he choreographed. :)

That shows funny, it's not like AI, because they actually accept professionaly trained dancers onto the show. It's kind of silly, because a lot of these dancers could easily get work as a backup dancer in some broadway show or vegas show, etc... I don't know why they even audition for that show. What's their prize again?

I mean, a lot of these guys have obviously had extensive background training. Maybe they just don't know how to break into the business.[/b]

Why is it silly? Alot of the dancers have been backup dancers. Donyelle Jones from last season has been in Missy Elliot videos, BEP videos, toured with Snoop and was a back up dancer for singer Shanice. But the life of a dancer is far harder than the life of a singer, you have to constantly look for more jobs, take more classes, go to more auditions, etc. And like a models career, you're time limited. Once you get too old you can't do the things you did when you were younger (unlike a singer who can sing as long as their voice sounds good). Dance choreographers are also a lot more critical of the dancers. You have to have perfect extensions, perfect lines, perfect rhythm-basically everything has to be perfect lol. And if you're not, there's always someone else who's better and they'll just say "NEXT!!" SYTYCD makes it easier for them because even if you don't win the show, agents, choreographers and studio owners will know you from the show and can book you for a job based on that alone. The name of the game is "exposure". The prize is $25,000, and I dunno what else. Last year though it was $25,000, a new car and a contract for Celine Dions "A New Day" in Vegas (which Benji turned down because the show calls for a Contemporary/Lyrical dancer and he's a West Coast Swing dancer). The show is open to not only trained dancers, but people who have never set foot in a dance studio before which is nice. Sabra (from this season) has only been dancing 4 years! They have to dance in alot of dance styles, other than their own, so that alone is challenging. Trust me, if you've been trained as a Ballroom dancer since you were 2 turning around and doing Hip Hop is not an easy feat! :lol:

Okay, I didn't think of that, but your right. It is harder for a dancer to land gigs, so exposure always helps. That's cool that some of them have already gotten work as backup dancers, I didn't know that. I like the show better then AI, I just wasn't sure what the point of it was. But you made good sense. I know what you mean about the choreogrophers being more critical, there's more to look for in determining a good dancer, so the standards are higher. I also know what you mean about adapting to new forms of movement. There are few dancers who can pick up on any sort of movement quickly and execute it with ease. They're usually confined to the form they've been trained in.

Back