It was the best of times...It was the worst of times...

Poefiend

Proud Member
oops typo up top! LOL cant fix it?
I meant write your most best or* worst times that you can recall?

You can either post your happiest moment or the worst?
its up to you? :)

The best time for me was when my children were born :)
I am blessed

The best AND the worst...........

When I met my husband- that was the best of times. But it led to the worst, because he got sick ( ALS/ Lou Gehrigs disease).
Still trying to get back on track, but I think it will take quite some time. Its strange how life can change from one moment to the other. Feeling that all is ok and as good as it can be, and then the foundation of your life is simply swpt away, and you have to start from rock bottom.

But, I still would not change the fact that I met him. Because I will have the memories forever. And even if I don`t get to experience that feeling of being able to open my heart completely again, I have loved unconditionaly and felt loved back. Maybe that is enough for one lifetime?

My nature is to be a realistic optimist I think- so it takes a whole lot for me to give up.
And nobody said life should be easy? I think I have seen both the best of people, and some of the worst- but even so- this world is a beautiful place. Brutal at times, but also filled with wonderful people, and great experience.
Besides, being able to view life from a rather different point of view due to experience ( and with a strange sense of humour!), may also be a sort of a gift?
I have learned a lot, and been pretty humbled by the experiences. So maybe I end up as a wise old woman one day?

The only regret I have, or maybe you can call it a longing is to have children.
But, due to all that has happened I am "once bitten, twice shy"- I may seem bold, but I know the price that loving someone can have, so I guess that is in the hands of faith?
Whatever is meant to happen, will happen?

I can fully understand that your happiest moment is when your babies were born :flowers:

Yes..........
Hope this wasn`t too honest? I don`t want to bring anyone "down", or for people to feel sorry for me.
It is kind of strange to talk about this to people I don`t know, because they often don`t know how to react? I don`t know- I am still learning how to go about it when I meet new people, how mutch or how little to tell, its confusing at times..........

say on how you feel? its ok. you didnt shock me at all and
if it helps you should get it out? maybe its a cleansing thing for you?
I know it helps me to get it all out. whether to tell a friend or
just let go and give it to God? :) quite alright to say things
its your choice. Im not judging you God is our judge in the end

best time in my life was probably my freshman year in college. Everything was paid for by scholarship so I didn't have to worry about money or anything. I had my first "real" job on campus and there was all this freedom to do whatever I wanted with my life. I was officially independent and loved it.

Worst time has to be when MJ was on trial and when one of my siblings passed away.

Best time of my life...

Having my babies for sure :wub:

Worst time....

Having a miscarriage :(

Last edited:
Yes..........
Hope this wasn`t too honest? I don`t want to bring anyone "down", or for people to feel sorry for me.
It is kind of strange to talk about this to people I don`t know, because they often don`t know how to react? I don`t know- I am still learning how to go about it when I meet new people, how mutch or how little to tell, its confusing at times..........[/b]

Movingcoolcat, I've found that it's not often what people say, but by how they mean it. I found what you've said really inspiring. It's not often you find people with the right kind (positive) attitude about things and it's really comforting and refreshing to hear it from someone else. I hope you keep spreading your light.

^
:) Thank you !

Look for the silver lining
When e'er a cloud appears in the blue.
Remember somewhere, the sun is shining
And so the right thing to do is make it shine for you.

A heart, full of joy and gladness
Will always banish sadness and strife
So always look for the silver lining
And try to find the sunny side of life.

So always look for the silver lining
And try to find the sunny side of life.

:flowers:

^ Ty hug

It's something you never forget :no:

And I know how hard losing your friend has hit you :(
Always remember the good fun memories of the time spent together :)
Love you! xoxo

the best time when my sun was born
worst time getting kidnapped (by somene who turned into a psychopath when i tried to escaope him)in 1989 but i m still a surviver after all the bs i ve had to live through since then

Worst Moment - Posting on MJNO

Happiest Moment - Standing outside Freddie Mercurys House or Wearing Elvis Presley's jacket

The worst of times, probably last year when my M.E. was really bad... had to stay in hospital and could barely move, also the doctors telling me I could die was scary...

Best was probably when I met my partner. :)

Worst Moment - Posting on MJNO

Happiest Moment - Standing outside Freddie Mercurys House or Wearing Elvis Presley's jacket
That's a nasty thing to say about a website you got a lot out of.
A bit bitter are we Daz?:mello:

Best time -
When ever I saw MJ. Munich 1999 June 8th & 9th and then the whole time at the hotel during the MJ& Friends event was AMAZING (well except the last day when MJ was leaving....we were so sad he was leaving! :boohoo: We kept chanting "Please stay here!!" and "Take us with you!!" :praying: :toofunny:)! I had sooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!! I met so many awesome people...I will never forget it. Or MJ singing Heal The World during one of the HIStory concerts I went to and I was in the very front and saw his eyes so well...Ah! :wub: :stretcher: Anytime I saw MJ was the best time... but those two (the one HIStory concert + Munich 1999) were THE "highlights" though).

Worst time-

When my dad died of cancer in late 2003. He was only 57 years old. :( I still cry almost weekly because of it because I miss him so much. He was ALWAYS there for me...and I had always been such a "daddy's girl" anyways. We got along really great and we did so much stuff together....boat rides at summer cabin (mom hated the cabin...but dad and I loved it and also my grandma was always there too, so we always went there during the summer time)...we went swimming...we went ice skating...we went to sport events...we went shopping...we went sightseeing....Most of the (FUN) childhood activities that I can think of were all done with dad...and it was always just me and dad...maybe that's why it was so special...when it was with mom, my sister was always around too, and we were the biggest enemies as kids, and my mom was always on my sister's side...:( ). Anyways...I loved my dad and I really admired him. He was a really good person. He was ALWAYS working...when ever he had vacation he was working on some project at home or he was helping his friends build their summer cabin, etc., and he was one of the managers in his company, but he talked to the cleaning lady and the guy who delivered the mail and just everyone...he knew who had kids and how they were doing...he was genuinly interested in other people and that's why he was truly loved by a lot of people...and he taught me to not think I'm better than others, and taught me to treat everyone equal, no matter what their status...and I loved and admired him for that. Anyways....he was just such a good person and a great dad and it was so difficult for me to lose him. I was holding his hand at the hospital when he died.....(That's why I can't listen to "Whatever Happens" without crying my eyes out..."Whatever happens...don't let go of my hand"....when I hear that line, I instantly see the hospital room before my eyes and my dad in his bed, dying, and me holding his hand...and the part "He's working day and night...thinks he'll make you happy"...because dad was always working and he worked so hard so that we can have all the things we wanted....) ANYWAYS....the worst moment in my life was losing my dad. :boohoo: I still miss him so much! :(

(By the way....I have a journal...with hard black covers....and on one cover it says in silver letters "It was the best of times....." and when you turn the journal around...on the other cover it says "It was the worst of times"... :) )

Last edited:
The best AND the worst...........

When I met my husband- that was the best of times. But it led to the worst, because he got sick ( ALS/ Lou Gehrigs disease).
Still trying to get back on track, but I think it will take quite some time. Its strange how life can change from one moment to the other. Feeling that all is ok and as good as it can be, and then the foundation of your life is simply swpt away, and you have to start from rock bottom.

But, I still would not change the fact that I met him. Because I will have the memories forever. And even if I don`t get to experience that feeling of being able to open my heart completely again, I have loved unconditionaly and felt loved back. Maybe that is enough for one lifetime?

I am SO SORRY to hear that about your husband...to lose someone you love so much.....it really must hurt!!!!!! *hugs* And to find something positive about the experience (just like you said yourself) at least you have felt LOVE....I'm still waiting/hoping/praying for it. :(

My nature is to be a realistic optimist I think- so it takes a whole lot for me to give up.
And nobody said life should be easy? I think I have seen both the best of people, and some of the worst- but even so- this world is a beautiful place. Brutal at times, but also filled with wonderful people, and great experience.
Besides, being able to view life from a rather different point of view due to experience ( and with a strange sense of humour!), may also be a sort of a gift?
I have learned a lot, and been pretty humbled by the experiences. So maybe I end up as a wise old woman one day?

The only regret I have, or maybe you can call it a longing is to have children.
But, due to all that has happened I am "once bitten, twice shy"- I may seem bold, but I know the price that loving someone can have, so I guess that is in the hands of faith?
Whatever is meant to happen, will happen?

I can fully understand that your happiest moment is when your babies were born :flowers:

Great points about being humbled by the experiences and getting "older and wiser". I know what you mean....And I can sort of understand the issue with children too....In order to have kids, you'd need to meet "the one" first....but...when you get hurt again and again and again and aaaagain...it gets harder and harder to trust someone....so difficult that you rather be alone than risk getting hurt and getting your heart trashed again.....:(

the best time when my sun was born
worst time getting kidnapped (by somene who turned into a psychopath when i tried to escaope him)in 1989 but i m still a surviver after all the bs i ve had to live through since then

You were KIDNAPPED??!!! :wild: OMG!!!!!! That must have been AWFUL!!! You must have been SO SCARED!!! OMG!!!!! One guy I had chatted with in the internet years ago (and who was from the Netherlands) ended up standing at my door step one day....I had caught him lying to me and had told him I won't ever talk to him again....so two days later he was standing at my doorstep. I totally FREAKED OUT! I was so scared! Luckily nothing bad happened (he just wanted to apologize....!! :rolleyes: What a freak! And he travelled thousands of miles just for that...just to freak me out? No...I was not impressed!). Anyways...I really hope you will be able to forget that horrible experience someday....!!!

Worst ~
my sister abusing drugs and visiting her at the facilities :mello:
Not seeing my Pop-Pop before he passed :mello:
Finding a lump in my armpit :mello:
Losing any of my animals :mello:

Best ~
Helping pay for the school in South Africa to build a fence around their daycare; Buying goats for another family for Christmas; Making donations to people that need help and they appreciate it :)

maybe if I have kids one day, that will be a best -_-

My 3 nieces being born and my nephew that will be born soon :wub:
My ex giving me my dog:wub:...even though he's an a$$hole and long gone :lol:

Pretty much every day life is a best, I shouldn't and I can't complain, there are people much worse off than me

Back